Average age of Mopar Maniacs.

How old / young are you?

• Total voters
-
The Blue M virus can strike at any age. It isn't curable. I've been a carrier since 1980.
Treatments like blue ovals, red bowties, and various ricers can hide the symptoms from others but the blood still runs hemi orange. Most common side effect from those treatments is unhappiness.
Consult your support group before trying any of them. :)

My first was almost a new 1970 Duster, but since my dad was buying we decided a Pinto would be a better option :banghead:. So... my first turned out to be a 1969 Roadrunner 4 spd 383 a couple of years later just before the military :glasses7:. I'll be 59 later this year.

36 here
My first mopar was my 66 dodge coronet 318 poly bought it at Carlisle whe i was 16 years old. Still have and drive it today. She only likes sunny days. The mopar family addiction has grown since then.
now in the family
originally my mom's 1970 dart 340-4spd swinger she bought new in late 70
1972 duster 340 4 spd #'s
1967 barracuda in progress
1973 dart sport 340 4 speed
my wifes 73 340 challenger
and a demon in the works.

Will be 65 in July.....yep, I grew up when these cars were new.

I would like to go back to those days. Great fun for sure.

Me too at 57, graduating HS in 73. Back then we were still on a gold standard (at least internationally) and money was worth a lot more. The guv wasn't nearly as deep in debt. Just seemed like easier times.

Jim-I'm still laughing at, "But since my dad was buying we decided a Pinto would be a better option."

Yeah, that is humor RIGHT there!

I'll be 24 May the 5th. My Dad has always been a chevy man. But my first car was a 68 dart gts that i still have and always will. I paid 150 bucks for it when I was 12! That was alot of money at the time haha! When I was about 18 I bought my 68 fb cuda out of a junk yard for 450 bucks. Everybody thought I was crazy when I bought it especially when I told them I was putting a hemi in it, which I did! My dream car! I actually hid the car from my mother at a friends house for about a year, unitil somebody squeled on me haha..Im very fortunate to have such a great dad to help me with my toys, I think I even might have converted him a bit! haha he's currnetly restoring a 69 road runner!

39 and staying that way! (till September, at least). First car was a 70 Coronet 440 that I bought at age 12. Very seldom without a Mopar ever since. I have owned more than 200, and currently have 21.

31 raised on Mustangs cause I could never afford a mopar till 3 Weeks ago now I got a pretty little money pit called a dart sport

Never even driven an old Mopar. I have had a 72 Duster project and 74 Valiant parts car but I never got to drive them. I also had a 66 Sport Fury with a 440 in it and I drove it around the block a few times when I first got it when I was 17. But then it sat and rusted away to nothing. I have owned a few newer Mopars though. I have or had a 98 SS/T, 00, and 07 Rams. 03 Jeep Liberty, and just got rid of my wifes 08 Town and Country. I am 30 and have pics of when I was growng up and there are Mopars everywhere. I can remember riding from KY to FL in the back of my Dads 67 Satellite Wagon. My dad has always been a big block B-body lover and currently has a 71 Sweptline with a pretty hot 383 and my brother has had his 70 Swinger for 15-16 years now and it sits in his garage and hasn't ran in 10 years. Only 1 rust spot and I can cover it with my thumb, wish he would sell it to me and then it would get the attention it needs. When I get back and get my truck done I will be looking for a notch though.

I actually hid the car from my mother at a friends house for about a year, unitil somebody squeled on me haha..

Too funny.. I hid my first 68 Barracuda for a week from my parents. Was trying to come up with a way to tell them I took out a high interest loan on a rusted out Colt VIN as a way to finance the fish :)

And still holding in my late, late 40's.

Grant

I'm 33 and I got my 1st Mopar at the age of 11. I still have the car. Its not perfect but she gets me around!
fast1h.jpg
DSC_0677.jpg
DSC_0699.jpg

Hi, l'm 67 years young. At nineteen bought a brand new 64 vailant conv. and at the age of 23 bought a new 68 Barracuda fastback 383-S. I was lucky to be in that muscle era and l can say it was wild, you never knew what was giong to pull up to at the lights. that was my last Mopar, went to work at Ford for 30 years. Three years ago l made a Bucket list and got my 67 barracuda,it's not perfect but it brings back memories of the good old times when life was good and gas was cheap. Pete

Attachments

• 4-24-2012 6;40;04 PM.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 258
  • 4-25-2012 10;44;18 AM.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 283
I'm 31, been into the mopar scene since 03 with I purchased an 03 ram w/ 4.7 traded it in 05 for an 04 ram with a Hemi, now I own the 04, an 06. ( with Hemi of course) and have a 75 duster that is also getting a 5.7 Hemi. I own the 04-06- and the duster still. Gotta love it before that it was all GM for me but I have learned better........

From the look of this graph, we need a whole lot more of you younger ones joining the Mopar crowd to ensure it is carried forward into the future. Go ahead, be an influence on your friends! :D
A good influence that is!

just turned 25. been working on my first mopar for about a year, a 72 duster. my parents had alot of mopars over the years and i bought this duster from them. it had been sitting for over a decade. i rebuilt the 318 and put a od833 behind it.

I'm in the 61 + group...Me and three friends bought a 57 plymouth at a local car dealer for 12 dollars...2 door hardtop...6 cyl...3 on tree....dealer even drove it to our field where We all learned how to drive stick. Best 3 bucks I ever spent

At 4 years old my brother brought me to the track to see him race his 69 Super Bee, Thats when it started for me. He's 69 this year, i'd love to find him one and surprise him one as a gift to thank him.

Ok im 55, bought my first mopar when i was 16, my 1966 Coronet 440. 39 years later i have added 3 more cars and my truck to our mopar family.:thumblef:

Hi, l'm 67 years young. At nineteen bought a brand new 64 vailant conv. and at the age of 23 bought a new 68 Barracuda fastback 383-S. I was lucky to be in that muscle era and l can say it was wild, you never knew what was giong to pull up to at the lights. that was my last Mopar, went to work at Ford for 30 years. Three years ago l made a Bucket list and got my 67 barracuda,it's not perfect but it brings back memories of the good old times when life was good and gas was cheap. Pete

Great pictures and story. Is that Mrs Swept by the convertible?

Ma Snart

When I had my first 68 Cuda I had two small kids.This car was perfect because not only did I have a muscle car ,It was a station wagon. I put playpens, cribs, highchairs you name it in it. Now with my 67 I put golf clubs in it, Lifes great!

-
Back