AZ Guy's And Gal's Heads Up

-
Common sense needs to override the law sometimes.
Over half the people I see driving don't even know where they are in the lane at any given time, and darn near EVERY woman has a phone stuck to her head while driving.

I wish there was a cop at every intersection up here.
These people drive like **** on purpose, and you don't see cops hardly at all.

We have a law in most municipalities for inattentive driving and that will cover cell phones. Texting while driving should be against the law in all 50 states.

We have a law in most municipalities for inattentive driving and that will cover cell phones. Texting while driving should be against the law in all 50 states.

i don't disagree, but pulling someone over for being on their phone is not the same thing as someone driving and being inattentive OR reckless.

I had yahoo cross 4 lanes of traffic on a continuous merge at 55mph (65 zone) right in front of me, would have been into the side of me if I hadn't been watching. he had no phone, no food, nobody in the car, watching where he was heading. This is a stupid driver problem that needs to be dealt with by better training and more respect.

i don't disagree, but pulling someone over for being on their phone is not the same thing as someone driving and being inattentive OR reckless.

I had yahoo cross 4 lanes of traffic on a continuous merge at 55mph (65 zone) right in front of me, would have been into the side of me if I hadn't been watching. he had no phone, no food, nobody in the car, watching where he was heading. This is a stupid driver problem that needs to be dealt with by better training and more respect.

Imagine what could have happened if he was on the phone or texting. :D

If I am on the phone while I'm driving and anything out of the absolute normal happens I quit talking.
Drives the wife nuts.
"Did you hear me?" "Hello?" "Are you going to answer me?" :D

New cars have smart phones right in the dash. What I don't under stand is If GPS can sense your location. Why can't they prevent phones from working if moving. But that would decrease minutes used and hurt the companies profits.

The law's today are all about money. Now what if that trucker was on a CB or a hand held radio. And what about police in high speed chases One hand on the wheel and the other on the mic button. Or punching your plate into the computer in the car at 90 +.

I had a state trooper pass me . He was doing well over 100 mph. Just to pull off up ahead and set up a speed trap. In the past we would watch where they would sit. Go back at night and place buried boards with nails sticking out to give them flats.

I could go on with things we did to retaliate. But I better stop before my blood pressure starts rising. Or I get myself in trouble.

AHH Couple more . Drop paint remover balloons out of a 4th floor appt. when they are parked in a lot for a complaint you called in. . Or put giant rocks on a dirt road and get them to chase you on a dirt bike while your buddies watched from the woods. You would not believe how many couldn't stop in time. Those were the days. Today they would take you out with a RPG from the air.

I remember buying one of the wrecks at a puplic auction for the 440 motor for my RR. Our town only had 2 cars and usually one was always at the station.

Imagine what could have happened if he was on the phone or texting. :D

If I am on the phone while I'm driving and anything out of the absolute normal happens I quit talking.
Drives the wife nuts.
"Did you hear me?" "Hello?" "Are you going to answer me?" :D

same thing, but there is that common sense bug...

New cars have smart phones right in the dash. What I don't under stand is If GPS can sense your location. Why can't they prevent phones from working if moving. But that would decrease minutes used and hurt the companies profits.

The law's today are all about money. Now what if that trucker was on a CB or a hand held radio. And what about police in high speed chases One hand on the wheel and the other on the mic button. Or punching your plate into the computer in the car at 90 +.

I had a state trooper pass me . He was doing well over 100 mph. Just to pull off up ahead and set up a speed trap. In the past we would watch where they would sit. Go back at night and place buried boards with nails sticking out to give them flats.

I could go on with things we did to retaliate. But I better stop before my blood pressure starts rising. Or I get myself in trouble.

AHH Couple more . Drop paint remover balloons out of a 4th floor appt. when they are parked in a lot for a complaint you called in. . Or put giant rocks on a dirt road and get them to chase you on a dirt bike while your buddies watched from the woods. You would not believe how many couldn't stop in time. Those were the days. Today they would take you out with a RPG from the air.

I remember buying one of the wrecks at a puplic auction for the 440 motor for my RR. Our town only had 2 cars and usually one was always at the station.

lol wow!

I don't get the logic of this. They are talking about writing people for a speed violation. Well that's fine IF that's what the person is doing. Most states have laws concerning innatentive which is pretty serious in comparison to some of these specific anti cell / text laws which many times are a minimal or even a "secondary" offense.

By the way I see some court just bolstered Bloomberg's Nazi "stop and frisk" law which should have been stopped in it's tracks.

Recently the police came to my garage for a fire we had during a burn ban. My uncle told me if you ever have a fire no matter how big always have a pot of water with a hot dog in it. So that is what I do.

The police told me to put the fire out and I was getting cited. I told them we are cooking. I offered them a hot dog. They called the station and after a while they came over and asked me to put it out when I was done. They left and never came back. My neighbor was furious. Now when ever the wind is blowing his way we light up with wet pine on top and cook a doggie.

I don't get the logic of this. They are talking about writing people for a speed violation. Well that's fine IF that's what the person is doing. Most states have laws concerning innatentive which is pretty serious in comparison to some of these specific anti cell / text laws which many times are a minimal or even a "secondary" offense.

By the way I see some court just bolstered Bloomberg's Nazi "stop and frisk" law which should have been stopped in it's tracks.

exactly... glad to see some people making the connection!

Recently the police came to my garage for a fire we had during a burn ban. My uncle told me if you ever have a fire no matter how big always have a pot of water with a hot dog in it. So that is what I do.

The police told me to put the fire out and I was getting cited. I told them we are cooking. I offered them a hot dog. They called the station and after a while they came over and asked me to put it out when I was done. They left and never came back. My neighbor was furious. Now when ever the wind is blowing his way we light up with wet pine on top and cook a doggie.

the other one is to claim you are using it for warmth.

You can't fix stupid!

-
Back