[SOLD] B&M Auto Transmission Flex Plate for 360

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually that's not the only difference:) If you can't see it your blind. I'm done too:violent1:

The difference between the 10236 and 10239 flexplate is the diameter, that's it! Both are LA balance. You can use either on an LA balanced 360. The 10236 plate has both both circles, 10 & 11.125, on it whereas the 10239 has only the smaller 10" circle.

There are people that have used the 727 plate behind a 360 using a 904 trans without issue.

Put a magnum balance plate on an LA, or vise versa, isn't going to work well.

If the flexplate bolt pattern fits the converter...it works...pretty simple..

my 73 Duster has a B&M 904 flexplate behind the 360 with a 727 trans...

Same here I got a 727 Neutral Balance 360 Flex Plate and using a 904 transmission. If the bolts line up it will fit/work, plain and very simple.

I tried several times to relay this information but........ Lol!! ha, and I am so bummed that the one guy wont let me touch his car anymore because I am such a Hack! Lol

Learning what works and what does not is Priceless!

First of all,not looking to pick a fight,if the 360 plate in your 904 is working for you,thats great! I have no experience with this setup,so I will not say it wont work.To leave no doubt, I went with the b&M 904 plate with a 904 trans.

From my reading on this site,some have had an issue with starter clearance,using the bigger 727 plate. The plate is about 1" bigger. One guy went as far as trimming it to get more clearance.

Still a great part at a great price.

Ok I got a 360-727 with a motor that I just recently bought. I found another part number from 360-904. So I ordered that one and just had both in my hand. The one for the 904 is slightly smaller in size overall but the holes are the same. Will that added extra weight of the rotating mass effect anything? I'm going with the one that B&M calls for to the 904 just because I'm having the rotating assembly balanced to that. Sounds like this is a sore subject so I'm just reporting what I just physically had in my hands that's all. Have a good evening fellas!! Lol!

My opinion is the bigger circumference Flex plate you will never notice at all. On mine I have right at 3/16" Clearance to the Starter so it is close but it fits and works fine. This info is great for guys that already have the part or can get one for cheap and know that it will work. Obviously if you are going to buy the part new then YES get the one that goes with the 904 or 727 that you have already.

In my case I already had a brand new 727 Plate in the box so I used it on my 904/360 based Stroker!

As someone always says Pick your Parts and pay your $$

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back