Baby name ideas - need suggestions

-

AnotherA

Reaction score
My wife and I have been going around and around on names for our son thats due in March.
No names have been set in concrete yet and I'm getting tired of going through baby name web sites and books.

Got any good manly names?

The one we both kind of agree on so far is Liam or Leum.

Don't worry, I've tried Hemi, Crank, Rod, Cam, Head, and Stroker. The one that went over like a lead balloon was Trany. :)

Abin.

Ayy-bin.

Kid in a movie had that name , my wife loved it and swore we would name our boy that if we ever had one....five girls later , no dice. LOL.

You could go really different and watch some old star trek next gen flicks and pick some good Clingon names.

My wife and I have been going around and around on names for our son thats due in March.
No names have been set in concrete yet and I'm getting tired of going through baby name web sites and books.

Got any good manly names?

The one we both kind of agree on so far is Liam or Leum.

Don't worry, I've tried Hemi, Crank, Rod, Cam, Head, and Stroker. The one that went over like a lead balloon was Trany. :)

Please, what ever you do, don't stick you child with a name that, when read, is difficult to pronounce. Remember he has to live the rest of his life with that name. Especially elementary school.

...and I agree with your wife, you shouldn't name your kid after a car part. Save those for your dog. They aren't "cool".

Please, what ever you do, don't stick you child with a name that, when read, is difficult to pronounce. Remember he has to live the rest of his life with that name. Especially elementary school.

...and I agree with your wife, you shouldn't name your kid after a car part. Save those for your dog. They aren't "cool".

I was joking about the car part names to head of those of you that would bring it up. :D

Vincent or how about Stewart Gilligan Griffin, you can call him Stewie

How about Johnson. That way when he grows up can call him Big Johnson or BJ for short.

You Irish? Liam is a good name. I also like Seamus.

As a Scot, I've always been partial to Angus (meaning: A unique choice) or Conan (wee doggie).

How about manly with a twist of car parts...."Rusty, dusty, or Chase".

Say no to Kip, Skip, although Biff has a certain cool factor since back to the future.

I believe names set the tone for a child's life. Anything too unusual sets them apart in a bad way. Just my opinion. That being said, you can't go wrong with biblical names....Adam, Clement, Ethan, and Matthew are personal favorites. Also I have a friend named Lance who's cool.

There's always the option of waiting til after he's born, and seeing what name fits. Good luck and congratulations on the new addition to your family.

I had some weird names in my lineage like Aethelwulf that continued to my Grandfather but they just called him Wolfy.
His Dad's name was Lar.
They changed our last name once they Americanized but it originated as Wihtgils which was Kentish , earliest recorded in 449 and is the very first name mentioned in the genealogies in the Anglo Saxon chronicles.
How I ended up with" John " is beyond me. Ha,ha.

My three sons are Logan, Adam, and Ethan. My brother has a Justin and Cain. My name is Dustin. Those are all pretty much the manliest names on earth.

Hahha. It is really hard to choose names for a baby, I don't try too hard, and every time a name will just kind of pop up out of nowhere and it fits perfect. Alexander just popped into my head.

Oh, and my brother got away with naming his daughter Hemi.

Jack is a car word. Or how about Walter after Walter P. Chrysler. Seems to be a succesful name. Like Walt Disney.

-
Back