Bad member alert

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well believe it or not I did pay with a postal money order and have the receipt so it might turn out ok if not well just chalk it up to experience thanks guys yall have made me feel better already.

That's a plus for you. Like I said, there aren't any guarantees, but they will look into it.

Make sure you have everything documented, and printed out preferably, before proceeding.

Go to the USPS site. You can trace a money order and find out who cashed it or if it was cashed at all. You can even cancel it. It costs money to do it but it might be worth it. You can even get a refund depending on the circumstances.

Go to the USPS site. You can trace a money order and find out who cashed it or if it was cashed at all. You can even cancel it. It costs money to do it but it might be worth it.

Good info Lance, I didn't know that.

Good info Lance, I didn't know that.

you read my post?

1...Report the problem money order to the Money Order Division of the Postal Data Center by calling 800-868-2443. Although you have two years from the purchase date to file a stop order request on the money order, you should stop payment on a missing money order as soon as possible to prevent the wrong person from cashing it.

2...Fill out Form 6401, which you can get at your nearest post office. You will need to fill out information about the money order, using the receipt which you kept after mailing the money order. Once you submit this form, the post office can stop payment on the old money order and issue you a new one. As of October 2010, it costs $5.40 to submit Form 6401

3..Fill out Form 306 if the money order has already been cashed. If you have filled out Form 6401, and the money order has been cashed, you will receive a copy of the cashed money order, which you will need to confirm as being wrongly cashed or forged by filling out Form 306. Once you submit Form 306, the postal service will investigate the problem and, if necessary, reimburse you for the money order."

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_7314164_stop-payment-postal-money-order.html

No. Do NOT chalk it up to experience.
You have the ammo in your magazine to open a can of whoopass on this guy if, indeed, he did scam you, and you paid with a USPS MO.
Scam artists are betting you will "chalk it up to experience" and leave it at that. All it does is embolden them and give them reason to try it again...often times with the same part.
Now, on the side of fairness, maybe something happened. He could be in the hospital. My suggestion is to send him another volley of emails, informing him of your intended actions with the Post Office and the possible consequences. Then give him a 'drop-dead' timeline with which to respond in before you take such actions. You might be surprised how quickly you receive you parts and/or communication.

No. Do NOT chalk it up to experience.
You have the ammo in your magazine to open a can of whoopass on this guy if, indeed, he did scam you, and you paid with a USPS MO.
Scam artists are betting you will "chalk it up to experience" and leave it at that. All it does is embolden them and give them reason to try it again...often times with the same part.
Now, on the side of fairness, maybe something happened. He could be in the hospital. My suggestion is to send him another volley of emails, informing him of your intended actions with the Post Office and the possible consequences. Then give him a 'drop-dead' timeline with which to respond in before you take such actions. You might be surprised how quickly you receive you parts and/or communication.

Agreed.

He's on line right now. "Current Activity: Viewing iTrader" I wonder if he's read this thread and if so, why isn't he posting to clear this up?!?

Sorry to hear this 73hcode.Did ask about the 340 he had.Did not want just a block.Never did post pictures of it or vin numbers!Maybe he never had the 340 just wanted some one to pay for one.

Boy you guys like to talk about everything and anything! The funny thing is 73 h code, you forgot to mention that I sent you the pm about my uncle passing and what hell that it left us in! You said you understood no problem! Well here's your tracking number 1z5ar3930365416810!!!! Everyone likes to jump in and make judgements on something you know nothing about! One member even tried to leave me negative feedback be cause he pm'd me about rally mirrors and I sent back a message that they were sold! With that being said you won't have to worry about me posting anything on here again! Sorry for the one slip up!

Admin please delete me from this site!

Don't leave... Stuff happens.. Happened to me before.. Once people see why this happened and you were doing everything right... It will all be fine.. I have Iquitos about stuff with you and you have been no less then great with me.. Please don't leave

Damn, we lost another member who only comes here to sell parts. Now, if we could only lose about twenty more!

Ok guys he sent me a tracking number so we will see. Yes he did say his uncle died but that was a week after he got the money order and that his wife would get them shipped Monday well that was two weeks ago so three weeks have passed since he got my money order I pm'ed him and he never answered me and he was on here several times. I will be the first to apologize to him for all this but he should have just pm'ed me back letting me know what was going on.

Honestly, when it takes something like twenty posts for us to find out just what the hell is going on with your potential problem, I'm betting that the person under scrutiny doesn't stand a chance making things clear to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back