Bad member alert

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here phone is always logged in on the app

Yup x3 and Fabo sends me an email which also goes to my phone if I get a pm or reply to a thread I posted in ,so really there are no excuses for not giving a heads up to someone you took money from.

Not trying to be mean but nearly every time somebody gets called out for not sending parts, it is because somebody dies or gets sick. My condolences if the uncle died, but I refuse to believe this ruse people perpetrate where they don't have a spare minute of the day to send something out.

I've had several people in my own family die and I can say from experience that even with arrangements it doesn't take every minute up. Plus he's been on here reading ads.

Moral of the story: Get your *** to the post office or UPS store and send the guy's parts that you surely have the money for.

Second lesson in this day and age is don't think that you can keep someone's money and blow it off. It's super easy to find out who someone is now, and they may decide to come teach you a lesson about stealing a payment from them.

This "materialistic bullshit" is taking someone's money and then not communicating. THAT is the bullshit right there. If you're not ready to conduct business, then don't sell.

True, but he made a commitment to a guy on Fabo

Not trying to be mean but nearly every time somebody gets called out for not sending parts, it is because somebody dies or gets sick. My condolences if the uncle died, but I refuse to believe this ruse people perpetrate where they don't have a spare minute of the day to send something out.

I've had several people in my own family die and I can say from experience that even with arrangements it doesn't take every minute up. Plus he's been on here reading ads.

Moral of the story: Get your *** to the post office or UPS store and send the guy's parts that you surely have the money for.

Second lesson in this day and age is don't think that you can keep someone's money and blow it off. It's super easy to find out who someone is now, and they may decide to come teach you a lesson about stealing a payment from them.

precisely

The comment made waaaasay back in post #49 is the key to preventing this type of thread. COMMUNICATION !!!!!!!!!
And RRR, you made a comment that there are 2 sides to every story. I believe there are three sides Side 1 Side 2 and the truth some where in the middle!!!!

as to the log in thing-- my phone will stay logged in even when I'm not on the site, the app will stay running in the background & if i do not physically delete it it stays on, I think that is why it shows some people online but they do not respond.

it is too bad this thread was even started, there has been issues from the get -go, & 3 weeks for a money order transaction is not unreasonable

, Lawrence

I have a couple of computers in my house that I leave on 24/7. Most of the time that I'm logged onto FABO I'm actually nowhere near the computers. If I'm working in my garage chances are that I look like I'm sitting in front of it. Even when my computers go into hibernation mode they sometimes start up on their own or will when someone else gets on them. That doesn't mean that I'm actually present online, - only that my computer is.

I guess I'd like to hear feedback from members that dealt with rick hughes before forming an opinion on what type of person he is. I'm sure that I'm not the only member here that looked into information on him after the initial post. I didn't see any warning flags.

It appeared as though he was willing to use
his own name as a username. A lot of members prefer a certain amount of anonymity. I doubted that a scammer would want his real name made public.

He's been a member since January 2009. I usually assume that someone that has had a long term association with this site are not here to scam folks.

I saw that he had several threads with items for sale that were put up within the past few months. They all looked legitimate. - Much like a guy would post if he were doing some garage cleaning and there wasn't a 'pie in the sky' list of items that would be unusual (such as cheap 426 hemi parts).

Some of the items he had for sale were listed as 'pick up only'. This, to me made it seem as though he was real too.

When it FINALLY was revealed that he HAD communicated with the buyer and spoke of his uncle passing as cause for delays I felt it was an understandable legitimate reason.

The purchaser stated that the seller would have his wife send off the parts. I interpreted that as further proof that the seller had a lot on his plate and needed a hand as he dealt with family concerns. If she was not adept at how to handle things it wouldn't have been taken care of quickly.

I looked at the time frame that he'd been posting his FOR SALE ads. I noticed that he stopped posting new ads at the time that he'd claimed his uncle passed away. This was what I would have expected if he was legit.

When my Mother passed away I was appointed as one of the executors of her estate. If I hadn't focused all of my attention on the legal matters at that time my siblings would have gone ballistic on me. - All of that was heaped onto my plate along with the grieving process. It became a full time job between meetings with the funeral home, attorneys, bank officials, relatives, real estate appraisers, real estate salesmen, auctioneers, insurance companies, debtors, etc... It took months to sort out personal belongings and was difficult to maintain unity with everyone.

No, I don't know for certain why it took the seller a long time to complete his end of the transaction. But I think that it's pretty callous to say that his delays were inexcusable no matter what his situation. I would have thought that this was the type of site where you could see more people offering a fellow Mopar enthusiast empathy for their loss.

The comment made waaaasay back in post #49 is the key to preventing this type of thread. COMMUNICATION !!!!!!!!!
And RRR, you made a comment that there are 2 sides to every story. I believe there are three sides Side 1 Side 2 and the truth some where in the middle!!!!

Yeah you're probably right.

well said and thoughtful

I have a couple of computers in my house that I leave on 24/7. Most of the time that I'm logged onto FABO I'm actually nowhere near the computers. If I'm working in my garage chances are that I look like I'm sitting in front of it. Even when my computers go into hibernation mode they sometimes start up on their own or will when someone else gets on them. That doesn't mean that I'm actually present online, - only that my computer is.

I guess I'd like to hear feedback from members that dealt with rick hughes before forming an opinion on what type of person he is. I'm sure that I'm not the only member here that looked into information on him after the initial post. I didn't see any warning flags.

It appeared as though he was willing to use
his own name as a username. A lot of members prefer a certain amount of anonymity. I doubted that a scammer would want his real name made public.

He's been a member since January 2009. I usually assume that someone that has had a long term association with this site are not here to scam folks.

I saw that he had several threads with items for sale that were put up within the past few months. They all looked legitimate. - Much like a guy would post if he were doing some garage cleaning and there wasn't a 'pie in the sky' list of items that would be unusual (such as cheap 426 hemi parts).

Some of the items he had for sale were listed as 'pick up only'. This, to me made it seem as though he was real too.

When it FINALLY was revealed that he HAD communicated with the buyer and spoke of his uncle passing as cause for delays I felt it was an understandable legitimate reason.

The purchaser stated that the seller would have his wife send off the parts. I interpreted that as further proof that the seller had a lot on his plate and needed a hand as he dealt with family concerns. If she was not adept at how to handle things it wouldn't have been taken care of quickly.

I looked at the time frame that he'd been posting his FOR SALE ads. I noticed that he stopped posting new ads at the time that he'd claimed his uncle passed away. This was what I would have expected if he was legit.

When my Mother passed away I was appointed as one of the executors of her estate. If I hadn't focused all of my attention on the legal matters at that time my siblings would have gone ballistic on me. - All of that was heaped onto my plate along with the grieving process. It became a full time job between meetings with the funeral home, attorneys, bank officials, relatives, etc... It took months to sort out personal belongings and was difficult to maintain unity with everyone.

No, I don't know for certain why it took the seller a long time to complete his end of the transaction. But I think that it's pretty callous to say that his delays were inexcusable no matter what his situation. I would have thought that this was the type of site where you could see more people offering a fellow Mopar enthusiast empathy for their loss.

Bottom line is, you have to take care of your business.

I've dealt with death in the family. Yes, it may delay a few things, but you have to let the other guy know what's going on. Just because a family member dies, doesn't mean that you have to "drop out of life" with them.

The survivors must move on and not bury their head in the sand. Once you get the loved member buried, then it's time to get back to business. If you have accepted the money AND TAKEN THE TIME TO CASH THE CHECK, then you should have the time to FINISH THE DEAL. Don't use the family death to get out of your responsibility...

One of our pets just died this weekend. I was in middle of a parts deal. After having the pet put down, I came home and started making dinner, as my youngest son had to go to work in an hour. I wanted to get dinner ready in time for him to eat before going to work. The member that I was dealing with PM'ed me and let me know that he had my parts ready. I pm'ed him back to let him know what was going on, and I would get to it when I had everything under control. He was understanding and told me to take my time.

As soon as I finished making dinner, I transferred the money to him on Paypal. He was surprised that I completed it that day within an hour...

I could have milked it a day or two, but that's not right. As soon as I took care of my immediate responsibilities, I went and took care of my business. I don't like to leave things hanging..

Communication is key. I just went on a parts run yesterday, it was a 4 hour drive. I called the guy last night just before 10 PM to make sure that he had picked up the parts from his dad's place and was ready for me. He didn't answer when i called, but texted me shortly after 10 PM saying that he's ready. I let him know my planned time range to leave for morning.

In morning, I texted him when I was leaving and told him my approx. travel time. It took a little longer for me to get there than I expected, so I texted him and let him know when I was about an hour away (I was supposed to be almost there at that time). I wanted him to know when I would get there, but not have to be chained to his house waiting for me. If he had to run an quick errand, like getting a fast food lunch before I got there instead of making him wait for me and going afterwards. I've been in that position and don't like to wonder when my buyer is coming.

Our deal went off without any problems. He was there when I arrived, and I got there in a reasonable time. I didn't want to get there and him not be ready for me, so I COMMUNICATED with him....

There's no excuse for lack of communication. If you tell people what's going on, most of the time they will accomodate you within reason. You also have a responsibility to the buyer if you have accepted the money. Take care of business after the person's funeral is over, which usually takes about a week. After that, you have to get back to your life, it's not an excuse to punk out of your deals.

Treat other people as you want them to treat you, bottom line....

Well, if he can sign in here in the last 2 weeks, he can message his buyer and let him know what's up with the transaction! No excuse for signing in here but no communication with the buyer IMO!

x2
its very frustrating when there is little to no communication and no excuse for it. you put parts for sale and in this case sell the part its time to get your head out of the sand and get to ups or post office. It takes very little time. At the very least just keep in touch.

I vote for extending grace and I hope the guy remains a member. I have recently experienced deaths in my family and for me it was all consuming and many things just had to fall through the cracks. I know taking care of a used auto part probably would not have been a priority.

Just because you had a loss don't make someone else have one too. It takes less than 30 seconds to leave a basic reply and less than a 1/2 hour to ship something....in non rural areas with major shippers and every town has at least 1 post office in it near by.

Just because you had a loss don't make someone else have one too. It takes less than 30 seconds to leave a basic reply and less than a 1/2 hour to ship something....in non rural areas with major shippers and every town has at least 1 post office in it near by.

Spot on. ^^^^^^^

Excuses are like a--holes, everyone has one, and they are all full of ****...

When you don't communicate, it's usually because there's something you don't want to say.

FYI, all of the above members who say they are continuously signed in on their phones, or own three computers, are all showing off line at 5:20 this am.

FYI, all of the above members who say they are continuously signed in on their phones, or own three computers, are all showing off line at 5:20 this am.

If mine was shown offline then it wasn't correct because I have been online at that time today.

They log out after x minutes of non-activity. My computer is on "remember me" and I keep windows open most of the time, so it does show that I'm on for a while after I have left my computer, but logs back on when I "wake it up"....

I stopped taking the buyers word for it when he started leaving out critical details.

Innocent until proven guilty? Burden of proof?

They log out after x minutes of non-activity. My computer is on "remember me" and I keep windows open most of the time, so it does show that I'm on for a while after I have left my computer, but logs back on when I "wake it up"....

I was active on FABO at the time that BrianT said it showed me offline. So either he was mistaken or the online/offline indicator must not be accurate.

I was active on FABO at the time that BrianT said it showed me offline. So either he was mistaken or the online/offline indicator must not be accurate.

Sometimes when I log back on after it auto logs out while in sleep mode, my own button is red when I first get back on, even though I just refreshed that screen. In my previous posts on that thread, I see a red dot when I come back in. #-o

It takes a bit for it to catch up or something.... :???:

Plus, there is a stealth mode where you can be on and the button stays red....

Sometimes when I log back on after it auto logs out while in sleep mode, my own button is red when I first get back on, even though I just refreshed that screen. In my previous posts on that thread, I see a red dot when I come back in. #-o

It takes a bit for it to catch up or something.... :???:

Plus, there is a stealth mode where you can be on and the button stays red....

Yes, I've noticed the red button sometimes too but I actually was active on FABO since about 3 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back