Bad Mopar Vendor

-

Charrlie_S

Reaction score
My friend Steve Adams, sent a check for $700 in Feb 2012, for a pair of doors for a 64 Fury. Larry @ Sled City has had nothing but excuses for the better part of a year, but no doors or refund of money. He had stoped answering e-mails, and the phone and now the number Steve has is no good.
I contacted Sled City on Jan 13th 2013, on Steves behalf. This is the answer I recieved.
Quote:

Doors were ready as of last Thursday and are ready for my inspection.
This has been a really terrible year with my crew and their illnesses
and departures due to illness. I will be veiwing these doors tomorrow
and hope to ship this week. Steve has been really understanding and I
appriciate that. Larry.

We have heard nothing since. The last e-mail I sent, on 1-17-2013, I told larry, if we did not hear back from him by 1-21-2013, stating the doors have shipped, or a refund issued, I would post this info on mopar sites. I have heard nothing.
So be carefull of doing business with Sled City, in Grove City, Ohio.

Grove City is only a half hour from me. You want me to go talk to 'em and point out the error of their ways? I can be real persuasive.

These are fiberglass doors.
Grump, lets just see what happens. I told him I was going to post, if I didn't hear from him by today. I posted on FABO, FBBO, Moparts, and Slant six. Then I sent him an e-mail with the links. Lets see if it got his attention.
Still have the option of posting on more sites, complaint to the BBB, report to the ohio board of business regulation, plus a criminal complaint .

I recieved an e-mail from Larry @ Sled City, last night, stating the doors have been shipped. I will update this thread as things progress.

A good ending to this thread and I don't know Charrlie_S friend
I would like to jump in here and thank Charrlie_S for his time and determination to get this dun by using his wisdom on this problem.
Thank you Charrlie_S :happy1:

Steve called me, today, to say the trucking company called and has a delivery for tommorrow, from Sled City. Evidently they were shipped, before I started this thread. If Larry had just comunicated with Steve, it would have eliminated all these problems. Comunication is soooooo important.

OK. Looks like this is a "done deal". Steve received his doors, today. He will be reimbursing Sled City for 1/2 of the shipping charges, as per their original agreement, when the doors were not ready for pickup in Ohio.

So does this mean I don't get to break any kneecaps? I never get to have any fun. Glad it worked out for you though....

The biggest problem was lack of communication. A return e-mail, or phone call would have prevented all the problems. All's well, that ends well.

Every one, remember. COMUNICATE

-
Back