Badguy Alert Moparcrazy

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
It can be saved but for how much $$$, then you still have an old torker 340, when the new way better torker II's are going for around $120 used. Hope he does right and you get you money back.

I read some surprising dyno comparisons re the old torker running practically identical numbers to a performer rpm on a BB. May be true for the SB? Hope the tig session yields a sweet intake if you go that route.

Maybe it was the one you have here.. The old torquer is doing pretty well, a few hp and a few pounds of torque away from the RPM, especially if you look at the averages, freaking 30 year old air flow technology.. Still kicking butt. But I digress. It sucks that the ol boy got an eroded intake.. I like to think people on here are upright :) and support each other..

Man... that sucks that you got burned....

I wouldn't use that even if it were welded up... You can not see all through the water passages and how thin they may be in some spots. My son in law got a good deal on his 65 Barracuda because the PO thought it had blown head gaskets... the timing cover had eroded bad enough there was a big hole behind the water pump impeller... AND once we pulled it off, we found another one inside one of the water passages back towards the block. IT had huge pits in it all over the place....

oh, we are selling the old pitted timing cover for 3,500$ They are super rare and this one is ready to use... um, er... at least it has pretty paint on it..... you can use it for wall art or something... just not quite ready to use on an engine....

do you have to have the water crossover in the intake. i thought some blocked them off on race cars.if so maybe not total junk.

I PM'd the guy to let him know there seemed to be some not so ethical transaction that took place that he needed to tend to as it wasn't looking too good in his corner. Nothing back but we really wont miss him now will we? Let's give him a day or two to show up, then if he dont then........
Small Block

you would have to replumb it somehow...thats where the thernostat is and thats where your upper hose hooks up...how much do ya spend (time and money) to make something crappy and outdated work?
A used Torker2 340 would bring his total investment up to a little less than a new one.
Luckilly another member is giving him an intake.

Man... that sucks that you got burned....

I wouldn't use that even if it were welded up... You can not see all through the water passages and how thin they may be in some spots. My son in law got a good deal on his 65 Barracuda because the PO thought it had blown head gaskets... the timing cover had eroded bad enough there was a big hole behind the water pump impeller... AND once we pulled it off, we found another one inside one of the water passages back towards the block. IT had huge pits in it all over the place....

oh, we are selling the old pitted timing cover for 3,500$ They are super rare and this one is ready to use... um, er... at least it has pretty paint on it..... you can use it for wall art or something... just not quite ready to use on an engine....
$3500, is that shipped, I am only across the state..:toothy10::toothy10:

get 'alumaloy' to fix it.lol

no seriously, go to a machine shop and have them weld it some and mill it.

though thats another $75-$100.

the guy that sold you this must be a meth addict

I believe you did get a bad deal on the intake. As others stated I wouldnt use it. I guess the guy who sold it to you is not manning up to his mistake. I dont know why he wouldnt want to clear his name. I guess lesson learned but its a shame. I have been in the same boat.

That's why I just save up for new stuff, no problems that way, but It just takes me forever to get anything bolted on.

Since a member is giving you a new one.....what are your plans for the old one, I am interested in it....I am at 13801

got a request for pics from moparcrazy this morning still waiting on a definite response.....superdart340 chas i'll keep u posted

There's pics in post #3
What more does he need to see?
Should reconize smell of own s%^&

He should give all your $$ back and pay to have it shipped to Chas and donate a gold membership to the Young Guns contest to apologize to the board for making a slimey deal.
He had to of known it was not as advertised.

Wow!!! Moparcrazy, over 1600 views!!! I think your sunk dude!!!

People that try to pull off scams are going to realize that here on FABO we are a tight group of people .......... not at all like some other forums. I wake up every morning and come to this site to see what my family is doing. All I have is my mom left and no sisters, brothers, girlfriend, and wife so I guess you can understand from where I'm coming from. :-D

Memike is my grand pappy! LOL

Wow!!! Moparcrazy, over 1600 views!!! I think your sunk dude!!!

Succinct observation MoparLvr...

Apologies in advance FABO family, I take this kind of 'bait & switch' very
personally.

Man up Moparcrazy... or... a WENZEL EXPOSE (google it boyo) is in your future. I will personally see too it. :clock:

People that try to pull off scams are going to realize that here on FABO we are a tight group of people .......... not at all like some other forums. I wake up every morning and come to this site to see what my family is doing. All I have is my mom left and no sisters, brothers, girlfriend, and wife so I guess you can understand from where I'm coming from. :-D

Memike is my grand pappy! LOL

And don't you forget it Mullin :cheers::happy10: Thank you.

Time to get off the lurking mode and MAN UP Moparcrazy
You do know who we are don't ya :stop:

I got a good spare one I can send you picts 100 bucks plus shipping drop a line
Ray

Well MoparCrazy, Have you had enough time to look at the pictures because it sure didn't take most of us that long to figure out what happened.

Now man up and do the right thing.

Enough said for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back