balancing

-

lilhows340

Reaction score
Does any one know if using a motor from a manual car in a automatic will cause balancing problems from changing flywheel to torque converter.

Does any one know if using a motor from a manual car in a automatic will cause balancing problems from changing flywheel to torque converter.

No problem as long as you install the correct parts that would be used on the motor. There is a different crank used on the 1967 back 273. The end of the crank where the torque convert hum goes in is smaller. Be aware that the 360 is differently balanced than a 318/340.

any speciifc years on the engine and trans.....

No years yet I am going to be looking at a 340 4spd. The motor for the scamp in my avatar. I just put a 727 in it. My 72 demon 340 has the # matching 3spd standard but may set it aside and use the 4 spd. Nothing for sure until I look at. Was just concerned because of balancing, internal, external.

as long as you dont have a 340 with a cast crank....things would be pretty easy...

Well I'm going to have look if price is reasonable I will pick them up post some numbers. If I can't use them I'm sure someone here can.

Well another one bites the dust. Looked at the engine and trans. Someone took the intake and head off one side to check it and it has been sitting in a shack like that for years. All the other parts J-head in included were on a skid on the lawn with a tarp covering them. Nothing now but a pile of rust.

-
Back