barracuda drivers mirror assemby

-

ratvon

Reaction score
I need an assembly print of a mirror for a 68 barracuda. when I started on my car there was no mirror on it, I got an aftermarket mirror with jus one mounting screw and the hole is too big. I cant imagine the is just one sheet meta screw that holds that on. Also I would like to know where to mount the cable fasteners

The remote mirror requires 3 holes in the door. A 1/4 inch dia. threaded stud goes through one with a nut attached inside the door, then a larger hole for the cable, then a smaller hole for a chrome Phillips oval head screw that is seen on the outside.
I don't know how the standard non remote mirrors were mounted or what is done to change from one to the other.

is there an insert in the door for the sheetmetal screw mine is to big, there was no mirror when I got it, and the stud also helps hold the mirror on?

Isn't there a stud that goes into the door and you have to put a nut on it? Along with the screw...

I need an assembly print of a mirror for a 68 barracuda. when I started on my car there was no mirror on it, I got an aftermarket mirror with jus one mounting screw and the hole is too big. I cant imagine the is just one sheet meta screw that holds that on. Also I would like to know where to mount the cable fasteners

is there an insert in the door for the sheetmetal screw mine is to big, there was no mirror when I got it, and the stud also helps hold the mirror on?

Help us help you by posting some pictures of what you have.

The hole on the right is for the sheet metal screw and its too big, should there be an insert or a bracket inside? The left hole, (closest to the cable hole), I figured out gets a nut on the stud that is sticking through. Clear as mud right?​

Attachments

• mirror hole.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 80
-
Back