Barry Grant Incorporated out of business

-
whats Don at FBO going to sell now ?

That is too funny!,I never cared for their products or service but it is very said that Barry lost everything however I am sure demon will be back and he will find a new position with it-kind of like Harold and ultradyne a while ago.

I keep hearing that , whats the story with the **** in the float bowls.
Earlier in their life, they had issues with new carbs that would mysteriously start to show metal in float bowls. The cause (From Barry himself) was drilling aluminum. They would drill a certain passage, and the aluminum bits would be compressed at the bottom of the passage by the drill. After the carbs were run, and vibrations from the engine and the road, they would vibrate loose. Barry and crew figured out the problem, and would run a smaller bit down the same passage afterwards to break up any compressed shavings loose so the passage was clean.
Do we chalk it all up to an economic down turn? Or what?
Small Block

Economics, and mail order.
Face it, there are less carbed vehicles on the road every day. Much of the aftermarket carb business is done via mail order, and for a supplier, Summit and Jegs are not the easiest people to do business with.

Man that stimulus is working like a champ!

Economics, and mail order.
Face it, there are less carbed vehicles on the road every day. Much of the aftermarket carb business is done via mail order, and for a supplier, Summit and Jegs are not the easiest people to do business with.

They also earned a bad rep with a lot of racers. When I researched fuel systems and carbs for my project I found warning after warning about BGs lack of quality and worst of all, poor customer service. It's one thing to occasionally let a bad product out the door. It's another thing to treat the customer like crap before you make things right.

They also earned a bad rep with a lot of racers. When I researched fuel systems and carbs for my project I found warning after warning about BGs lack of quality and worst of all, poor customer service. It's one thing to occasionally let a bad product out the door. It's another thing to treat the customer like crap before you make things right.

I don't condone bad customer service in any way. Reputation is huge in the speed industry.

Lets face it, they sucked and killed motors, be it from bits of crap in the circuits causing an overly lean mix that burns pistons and or warps valves....and after the $700 you spent [almost the cost of a cheap stroker kit] just to have your motor cack out and die from the pos, who isn't stoked that they are gone?

holley rules, even though they are guilty of price hiking too...
$700+ for a carburetor??? come on already people..

they cost a whole $30-$40 each to the factory...meanwhile alomost another grand to 'joe brokes' build.:wack:

My demon six-shooter set up.They forgot to put the jet's in didn't take long to figure that problem out.:wack::

Attachments

• 100_3589.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 193
I never ran a Barry Grant carb so I can't speak on experience, I would imagine the economy tanking took a big toll on his business (like many others!) Ask the general Automotive population who makes Carbs and your likely to hear "Holley and Edelbrock" Alot of people go with "Old reliable"
what popular part their buddy had on their "12 second car" and thats most likely going to be one of the two above! And that's the type of guys that keep those manufacturers afloat! How many Barry Grant carbs did you ever see sitting on the shelf at Autozone and Advance auto parts?!!!

I have a 750 mighty demon on my Dart. Got a good deal on it off E-bay runs like a champ, before that had a 825 race demon on the Duster drag car we had, no issues with neither

Hard to complete with Holley in the carb market, People here Holley they think about carbs.. The reputation and name power is already there.

I remember the Wild Bunch, That Jeep (DR Wacko was it?) Had a wild launch 3 wheels off the ground

the man with the jeep know Owens Mason Dixon Drag way, Elmer Walkter.I'm talking about the wild bunch that went up and down the cost they were all blower cars that NHRA didnt want any thing to do with.I did the wrench work on the Vega (Atouch of insanity)of nelson grimes..Artie

Man that stimulus is working like a champ!

Wow d5667 I really like your avitar! Not many people will recognize him. Graham Chapman as Yellow Beard. What a great movie. Anyone who hasn't seen it, it's worth seeing especially if you like Monty Python.

-
Back