Votes: 84 46.9%
  • and justice for all

Votes: 27 15.1%

• Total voters
-
Originally Posted by Abodybomber
Gotta go,Kill em all.
"Have fun storming the castle"!
I wanna try. The White House,wouldn't be too happy.....

Kill em all...Anesthesia (Bass solo) segging into Whiplash was brilliant producing. Its almost like They should play this dynamic duo together on the radio ala Queens "We will rock you-we are the champions", same goes for Cars "shoo-be-doo/Candy-O". I was pissed when my new cd player didnt mesh them together but put a 1/2 second pause in when advancing tracks. first time i ever heard of Metallica was on a 4 Hour ski road trip and the only 2 CD's he had were Kill em all and Subhumans...Metallica won hands down.

I'm a big fan of the first two.

You can definitely hear a progression in maturity in the writing and the music through all four.

IMO the beginning of the end really started with "sanitarium".

AJFA was still a great album, but I actually don't care for "One" even though I loved explaining to non-fans and new fans about them finally getting mainstream airplay and what the subject matter was.

I was a HUGE fan of the "Garage Days" EP.

The "Black Album" is where I started to get off.

Anything after that just sounds like mainstrem rock, and not the "orcestrated metal assault" that gave them their incredible word of mouth fanbase.

There was that one song within the last couple yesrs, IIRC about domestic violence, that had a long outro. I liked that one but they only played it for a couple months.

I have an original press Seek and Destroy live EP, a Creeping Death EP on red vinyl, a 1/2 speed master of Master of Puppets, and thanks to Garage Days, I have original press Dimond Head and Misfits material as well.

I also find it very ironic that they got all outspoken and letigious on the piracy issue knowing that their entire carreer was basd on word of mouth and sharing of their material between like minded listeners.

Why would you say the beginning of the end started with Sanitarium? Just curious.

Its nearly impossible for me to pick the best Metallica album. I went with Puppets but the first 4 are all so good. Now Megadeth on the other hand would be Rust in Piece hands down. Also, The best Slayer album would be Reign in Blood, Best Anthrax would be P.O.T., Best Testament would be Low and the best Sepultura would be Chaos A.D.

Sanitarium seemed to be written to appeal to a more mainstream audience.

I noticed a lot of people who didn't like Metallica, liked that song, including lots of 14 year old girls.

It was also one of the first "older" works to get mainstream airplay, after "One" and the black album.

Just my 2 cents...still a bargain, at only 2 cents (just pay separate processing and handling).

And since were talking about great metal bands lets not for get King Diamond and Mercyful Fate. If you need someone newer check out Warbringer.

Metallica: "Surfin' Armageddon" , with special guest appearances by The Beach Boys, Jan and Dean, the Ventures, and of course, Gidget!

Justice was a work of art as far as metal masterpieces go. Much like Rust In Peace was for Megadeth.

That said, for me, it was the last album of theirs I cared for. The "Black" album was the last that I could actually palate. They let it get to their head, and became sickening imo. When Lars came out and said "We're not a metal band, and we've never said we're a metal band", that was it for me. Way to alienate the fans that actually got you where you are. I don't respect them as musicians, or people anymore. I refer to them as "Metalliwho"... Because, who really cares anymore? Their **** is old hat. There is much better metal out there, and I'd rather listen to Megadeth anyway. Dave may be a dick, but at least he tells it like it is, and stays true to himself and his music.

And since were talking about great metal bands lets not for get King Diamond and Mercyful Fate. If you need someone newer check out Warbringer.

Word. Andy LaRocque is a wicked guitarist! The story albums were pretty cool. The only thing that was lame about King were the "enhancements" he used on his voice. Great music though!

Its nearly impossible for me to pick the best Metallica album. I went with Puppets but the first 4 are all so good. Now Megadeth on the other hand would be Rust in Piece hands down. Also, The best Slayer album would be Reign in Blood, Best Anthrax would be P.O.T., Best Testament would be Low and the best Sepultura would be Chaos A.D.

Oh man, I don't know about the best Testament album being "Low". Practice What You Preach is pretty bad ***. So is Souls of Black and The New World Order. Alex Skolnick is one of my all time favorite guitarists. The Alex Skolnick Trio is a sweet break from the metal world if you're a guitarist/musician too. Anthrax...Among the Living is probably my favorite.

Hey man, what about Exodus? lol. I have Fabulous Disaster playing on Pandora right now, at my desk! Another one of my favorite bands. Their newer stuff is killer too!

Frankie,shame on you! You forgot Avalon and Funicello......

You're Right!

Metallica takes Rydell High...

Staring Annette Funicello, Frankie Avalon, Fabian, and Bobby Rydell!

Tag along in this Heavy Metal beach blanket polka party and the story of a pair of Siamese twins played by Annette and Fabian,and the merry mix ups that occur when one get's married and the other has root canal work on the same day!

Is that better, Tim?

a sad tale of drug addiction " BEYOND MAGNETIC"

Its actually been "cool" to dislike Metallica for a long time. Since the album Load came out.
Example, "Yeah, I only like the old stuff" "Metallica sucks since they cut their hair" etc.

Yup, but I did it first.

-
Back