Best source--Cheetah parts?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Just bought a used Cheetah shifter on here, and thanks, by the way, but I'm using a reverse pattern body, and didn't like the gate.

I was thinking of modifying the gate, then found you can buy part no 70072B, just what the Doc ordered.

But Summit wanted 10 bucks shipping, so I go to Jegs, and they "showed" no charge for Fedex ground--------only when you go to "checkout" there's 10 bucks "handling."

So price, shipping, handling, TOTAL, who's the best place to buy this stuff?

I'm back to considering modding the one on the right, cut out the section on the right from the arrow up to the reverse lockout. This will allow you to "slam" from 3rd "to the right" clear up to neutral with little danger of snagging a gear in between, and zero danger of hitting reverse

1--2 would be gated by existing tab on left, by holding shifter toward you. 2-3 unchanged.

Reverse gate on left, "stocker" on right:

Attachments

• gate.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 133
At Jegs or Summit, that's the price. Just a little miffed that when you click the Jeg's shipping estimate, it shows ground "fer free" but then adds 10 bucks "handling" when you are hovering over the "final go" button.

I just got in the house, tore the shifter apart, and lubed it, and looked over the existing gate. I might be able to mod it to my liking. Need a day or three to ponder

I'd just call the Turbo Action tech line, between 1 and 4 pm, and ask for Paul Forte. He designed it, and a good guy.

-
Back