Biggest mistake ever- lunati cams

-
I'm looking at it from the perspective of initial engine assembly...
No distributor, no marks... But, yes, if you trust the distributor location and your timing marks.

All I can add is if you think the Lunati cam was "your biggest mistake ever", you are so far off base, you need to go back to the beginning and learn it all over again.

All I can add is if you think the Lunati cam was "your biggest mistake ever", you are so far off base, you need to go back to the beginning and learn it all over again.
My biggest mistake was my ex(s) literally destroyed my entire adult life.... if a cam selection is the worst mistake ever.. what a charmed life :)

Better yet.. call bullet, call Howards, call anyone else... edelbrock is a company that doesn't stand behind their products.
Dam shame that famous US name
(Edelbrock) has any bad reviews.
I guess it all started when Vic died the inevitable is upon us.

Biggest pain in the *** for this build is what I meant. I too had a woman ruin my life but she also gave me 2 children which are also the best part of it.
Personally, I stated that I bought this cam profile to use power brakes along with performance aspects for the street and could have got a booster etc. Also could have made a lot of other decisions differently.
Personally, I felt like I was installing a Chevy part in my Mopar. Being a die hard Mopar parts user, it was the 1st time swaying. I really don't like comps cams either and it caused me to go out of my comfort zone. Any event, I went thru the frustration with it and the sm heads but have it under control finally. If I feel unsure about anything during an overhaul, I try to get the info to assure that it's going to work properly. When people tell me one thing, then the total opposite, ( and I am talking generally trying to get an answer that I am not sure of because that is natural on any forum) it doesn't help anything and when a company can't even answer the damn phone anymore, then I feel it was a mistake for even buying from them. That's what I meant.
Ok, it's not their fault that I had questions and don't make them a horrible product but I am used to being able to use their tech for information. It's 2023 and going backwards for service and product info which is hard enough to deal with but, there are plenty of companies that still do.
If it performs the way I expect after all the run around, great! If it doesn't then it will be removed.
At least I know it will be set up to have it's best chance.
I have had way more issues in life that I regret but I am not talking about my personal life. I'm talking about simple customer service.
Lol, I am far from a professional engine builder but I used to enjoy having the machine work done and assembling it always gave me a sense of accomplishment but the older I get makes me wonder what satisfaction I seen in relentless nights in the garage after a hard day's work. The final outcome always pays off tho, once it's finally done and I get to stand on the pedal.
Maybe the cam itself wasn't a mistake but I will judge that soon. Their customer service sure as hell does tho.

I'm always curious why nobody mentions Bullet Cams. When I got the SFT cam for my 408 in 2019, I had excellent customer support and constructive conversations to finally pick the lobes and grinding specs. Even which lifter diameter to use! I would say everything we discussed on the phone came out exactly as I had planned as far as the cam. I have a tad more cam than cyl head but that was planned as I may upgrade the heads at some point.

Anyhow, it's not about me, just wondering why nobody mentions Bullet for cams.
Bullet also has the old Ultradyne grinds like the NF solids plus others Good stuff!

-
Back