Birth of the Blue Missile

-
Does anyone else get dizzy trying to follow this thread,Can I come to Texas and get a ride???? "Danger Will Robinson Danger" and it took me three months to put a painless kit in my car????? someone pinch me

Swifter,
as soon as I get a motor and tranny and get this thing going 88MPH Ill come visit you yesterday!

Happy memorial day , and thank you to all who served and lost their lives for our freedom!!!
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000011.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 504
  • flux cap in missile.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 499
So what point in time are you going to try and go back to?

I never know what i'm going to see when I check your thread for progress. Keep up the good work!

Hey guys and gals,
I could use a little help here getting the news out and getting some more "likes" on my music page.
I put this together to thank those who do the honor of letting me play the blues with them. Neither I or anybody else claims to be great, but we all LOVE playing the blues. If that is your style of music please check it out. If you like it please spread the word. There is actually a core band coming out of these sessions, and there will be lots more of vids with special guests.
Thanks again Andrew

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FMMusic-Friends-Making-Music/495554857140160

PS this is one of the reasons the work has slowed down a bit.

Yes Im still bogged down with wiring, These are the feeds from the trunk that had to be split to run to two different locations. But the end is in site.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000029.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 460
Thanks Pat,
in the mean time here is the part of the process I was dreading.I have done a partial power up of the electrical systems and there are bugs all over the place.
some simple like miss-pinning a connector, and others not so much. I have a brand new relay that is not conducting electricity and I now need to rebuild a portion of the front module. This time with relay sockets! The pic shows why EVERYTHING has multi pin connectors, just popped the box out of the harness and took it to the bench.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000031.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 424
Yes more wires!
There were all kinds of circuits cross feeding through the lighting feeds.
So all feeds into the module are now regulated with diodes (electrical one way valves).
more bench testing and then another try, Ill get that night shot of the cockpit yet!
First pic is of the test harnesses.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000034 (2).jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 370
  • WP_000032 (2).jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 382
Cant have back feeding......:)
Here I got you a new fix it tool....
images

Here is a partial night shot of the interior dash and wheel. Getting there slowly, next will be the consoles, back later.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000040.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 351
Andrew.

You must be busy... you misspelled your name a few posts ago. :) Progress is, as always, very impressive.

Also you are in a band? Post up something.

This is how my build has been going all along. I wanted to take a short sanity break from wiring and decided to install the electric washer pump.
I cut off the little nozzle at the base of the water reservoir and drilled it out to accept the new pump. Then I have to drill out the top of the cowl which I filled in ages ago. One problem the hood scoop is in the way no mater what I do. I have known that I needed to cut it back a little to clear the windshield wipers, so off comes the entire hood. I finish the washer install and now the hood sits on the bench in the shop. So much for a short break from wiring. By the way I did twist the nozzles 90* so they discharge side by side instead of one hole on top of the other. Better spread that way. All tested works great.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000045.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 329
  • WP_000043.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 325
  • WP_000044.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 311
Dartt,
no, the amount of water that will now get into the cowl area is minor, however the drains for the windshield still go there. The entire area was opened up and cleaned out, primed with epoxy and slathered with seam sealer at the edges before I closed it back in. When I tested the washer pump, the water drained right out.
In the mean time I have cut the trailing edge of the scoop back,stripped the underside of the hood and welded sides onto the underside of the scoop to close up the holes.I treated what little rust there was with a neutralizer and primed it with a couple of heavy coats of epoxy.
Back on the car this afternoon.
The only fabricating left is to cut the hole for the air cleaner after the motor is in the bay.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000046.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 313
  • WP_000047.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 302
Dartt,
no, the amount of water that will now get into the cowl area is minor, however the drains for the windshield still go there. The entire area was opened up and cleaned out, primed with epoxy and slathered with seam sealer at the edges before I closed it back in. When I tested the washer pump, the water drained right out.
In the mean time I have cut the trailing edge of the scoop back,stripped the underside of the hood and welded sides onto the underside of the scoop to close up the holes.I treated what little rust there was with a neutralizer and primed it with a couple of heavy coats of epoxy.
Back on the car this afternoon.
The only fabricating left is to cut the hole for the air cleaner after the motor is in the bay.
Andrew
ohh, okay. I was just curious but I shoulda known you were like 15 steps ahead already. Its really coming along Andrew, least its a break from wiring

-
Back