Birth of the Blue Missile

-
Michael,
the mod took three weeks of my time and roughly 500$ worth of materials.
I dont think anybody else will want to actually pay for that amount of work and materials.
Again this was a "I wonder if it can actually be done?" type of project.
Thanks again for the kudos
Andrew

Just thinking.......

a few shots of a position youll never see the missile in without the help of a jack :D

getting ready to modify the tranny mount/ cross member
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo278.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 726
  • Photo279.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 715
I have the new cross member mods done and I did not have to delete the torsion bar attachment points so I will put them back after Im done with the tranny install.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo280.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 665
  • Photo281.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 673
Great Idea, wish I'd thought of that......8)

OK,
for the record TC I printed out your version and used it because it made the most sense, so thanks for posting it.
However I decided not to bridge over the top of the tranny for stiffness but to build an 'H' member under it with 3"x3/8" bar stock one of which is the actual mounting surface.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo286.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 642
  • Photo285.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 633
Man, this is a full service thread! Good story, good pictures, good explanations. I am totally in love with the door handles and will definitely be doing that to mine. Thanks for the laughs and inspiration.

SGG,
thanks, I hope the story has spoken to some, if nothing else just to let everyone know God really does care about the small things that are dear to us and there is not much in our folly of youth that can put Him off.
In the mean time the tranny will be in the car for a test fit on Saturday, I spent today welding up holes in the engine bay and will finish that tommorow so as to be ready to paint the bay soon.
Oh by the way just for the record, the school is in Gainesville just north of you.
Andrew

Here are the pics of the 545RFE in place and the start of the sheet metal to enclose it.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo295.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 725
  • Photo294.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 719
  • Photo293.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 730
  • Photo292.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 713
  • Photo291.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 716
  • Photo290.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 741
There is some great work going on here, Magiver would be proud.

I wish I was this talented great job.

Denny,
I thought a preview of MY power adder was in order:toothy10:
Andrew

Attachments

• with mr fusion.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 706
Andrew.......your pos' to mount it in the rear...preferably on the trunk....obviously you never bothered to read the instructions!

thanks for not dissapointing me....Denny

Denny,
between mechanical the gear for the rear spoiler and the two afterburners, there wasnt enough room in the trunk.It made more sense to get the proton stream directly to the injectors at the manifold anyway.:-D
in te meantime here are pics of the final piece of sheet metal for the tranny tunnel. Between compound curves and an opposing flange, this piece kicked my butt.
Ill weld it in tomorrow.
With the weight of the tranny, the car now sits correctly. It may even need to be raised a little when the engine is in place.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo302.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 666
  • Photo304.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 668
  • Photo303.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 677
Here is the start of the dash for the Missile.
I am still waiting for the return of three of the gauges I sent back for re-labeling, and the air/fuel gauge which is being worked on. This is try number two for re-labeling.
I still have to make the turn signals and the two indicators for the laser detector and the security system.
I have all the parts just need to fire up the soldering iron.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo305.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 652
more documentation was requested of the dash build-up.
So here are the progress pics of the dash from the start
#1 5/16" piece of G-10 (Eglass)machined for the gauges.
#2-what gauges I have in for test fit.
#3- LED bar make up for the various indicators
#4- Gauges, turn signals,"locked" and "Laser hit" lights in place.
#5-the back of the circuit and the start of the wiring process. When this is done there will be one multipair cable with connector for the entire dash assembly.
the rest are pics of individual lights and a group shot.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo313.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 620
  • Photo311.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 618
  • Photo312.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 610
  • Photo315.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 608
  • Photo309.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 616