BluePrint Engines Gen III 426 Hemi crate engines now in full producion.

-
Sweet!

You’re letting Summit Racing sell them too. I wonder if I can use a 10% off Summit Racing coupon.

Sweet!

You’re letting Summit Racing sell them too. I wonder if I can use a 10% off Summit Racing coupon.
I don't see why not! shoot me a PM if you have any questions, or are serious about getting on on order! I can even check inventory for you.

I don't see why not! shoot me a PM if you have any questions, or are serious about getting on on order! I can even check inventory for you.
Will do, Summit Racing is offering free shipping though but not the 10% off, shows they’re not eligible.

Says It even Includes complete Holley Terminator engine harness, ECU, drive-by-wire pedal, harness, sensors, throttle body, intake, injectors, and fuel rails. That right there is a huge savings.

Will do, Summit Racing is offering free shipping though but not the 10% off, shows they’re not eligible.

Says It even Includes complete Holley Terminator engine harness, ECU, drive-by-wire pedal, harness, sensors, throttle body, intake, injectors, and fuel rails. That right there is a huge savings.
Yes, there are a bunch of versions. The base model is just a longblock, then there are turn key versions with the terminator system, as you point out. Then pulley kits added, and then transmissions. Tried to send you a PM, but it won't let me. shoot me one if you are interested in pricing.

With the turn key, a transmission, Griffin radiator, TTi headers, air filter, starter and motor mounts is all you need.

Last edited:
Never mind. I don’t think I’ll be doing business with Blueprint. Blatant rip off artists, no offense @Johnny Mac .

I’m calling bs on a 360 stroker is $3000 MORE than any350 Chevy stroker to mass produce. We all hate AND live with the Mopar tax but I’m not forgiving this hihhway eobbery just because that company has a guy that’s a FABO member.

I know one thing, the mopar tax isn’t $3000 in reality. It means Blueprint is squeezing blood out of turnips (Mopar folks) cause they know we’re accustomed to just paying more. No offense, Johnny. I know you don’t control pricing.

Last edited:
Never mind. I don’t think I’ll be doing business with Blueprint. Blatant rip off artists, no offense @Johnny Mac .

I’m calling bs on a 360 stroker is $3000 MORE than any350 Chevy stroker to mass produce. We all hate AND live with the Mopar tax but I’m not forgiving this hihhway eobbery just because that crooked company has a guy that’s a FABO member.

I know one thing, the mopar tax isn’t $3000 in reality. It means Blueprint is squeezing blood out of turnips (Mopar folks) cause they know we’re accustomed to just paying more. **** them. No offense, Johnny. I know you don’t control pricing. Don’t come to me trying to justify this though.
Go fish,
not sure if i missed a question (with the "never mind") part but I'm happy to talk mopars any time, sorry if i did.

Really hurts my heart that some have that opinion, so I will just point out some points publicly, not directed to change anyone's mind, but just for anyone interested. I can very easily see you have your opinion, and no point in trying to change it. So I promise this isn't meant to get into a banter match with you, but I will make a statement for others wondering the same.

Question: Why is Chrysler 408 more than a chevy 383?

Well, there are many reasons, and I can assure anyone reading this, that neither the iron headed 408, or the aluminum headed 408 we build, have any "Mopar tax" built into them. In fact, they carry much less margin than any ford of gm engine we build, and I go to bat for this engine constantly. It is literally the ONLY core block we purchase today. So instead of starting with a Brand new blueprint casting that simply needs Machined, these blocks need inspected, cleaned, repaired, magnafluxed, and sonic checked. Where the brand new blocks do not.

The "Mopar tax" makes me sick. I hate it, and I have been specifically quoted (especially in reference to the new hemi) that I also can't believe what some charge for them. No they aren't cheap engines. Not in the slightest, but do some googling, especially for ones being built with new blocks, and we are far from the top.

I digress back to the 408. It makes more hp than a 383, has forged pistons, nicer ignition also. I understand thats not thousands, but add the block labor i mentioned above, and you can see where some of it comes from. Everything else in the engine, minus maybe the caps, oil slinger, and the fuel pump eccentric, is brand new. we don't (can't) even use the crank.

Now onto the BIGGEST contributor, with one major sub point. The heads on this engine are edelbrocks. Those are approximately 1100 retail a piece, complete. Instead of buying them like that, we actually completely build them by hand opposed to buying them complete. This ensures quality, it ensures they are built right, and allows us to use our springs, etc. the heads are easily double the cost of our BluePrint alum Gm / ford heads. The sub point to the heads, cranks, pistons, etc is volume. We sell thousands, and thousands, and thousands of sbc engines annually, and that leads to buying power and bulk buy discounts.

Some may ask, why don't we have a BluePrint mopar head? Well, after years and years of pleading my case, I'm actually in the process of designing one now. My goal is to incorporate them on our engines, and yes those will cost us less, so we can pass that onto our consumers. I Also added some pretty cool features to them, with some awesome suggestions and feedback from the forum. Volume = the ability to vertically integrate, design more parts, and share that savings while adding quality control steps, and in house QC. I wish we sold more of these, if we can keep building the volume, maybe we'll even have a block to go with those heads I mentioned above some day.

other data points:
Our 408 ford dressed with a carb, is within $1000 of the Mopar 408 dressed the same. (Heads are BPE on the ford)
our 400 SBC dressed with a carb, is within $1500 of the Mopar 408 dressed the same (heads, block, crank,rods, are all BP, purchased by the thousands)
most of you know I have a 600+ HP 408 stroker that started life long before I started with BluePrint. I'm embarrassed to admit what I have in that engine! I WISH it was what BluePrint sells them for.

So anyways, like I said, I won't change anyone's mind that already has a negative opinion of us, but I do want other readers to have some context of the method to my madness.
We're not a reman company, we're a performance large scale engine builder. We don't compete with small shops that do custom work, or someone that may be looking at a more stock type rebuild. It's just not where we fall in the marketplace. Nothing against either of those at all. Different strokes for Different folks is all.

Anyways, hope anyone reading appreciates the context, and if not, no worries. everyone has their opinions, and there's a customer for every engine type. I wish everyone well that goes either direction, and I'm more than happy to help anyone out that needs some mopar help.

Johnny Mac

I did want to emphasize no disrespect to you. You’re straight up and honest and a good company rep. You also make a good case at changing my position but I’m not all the way there yet.

Those are approximately 1100 retail a piece
You guys aren’t paying retail for any other Meg’s parts, are you?
Some may ask, why don't we have a BluePrint mopar head?
Why don’t you have a Blueprint 340 T/A resto block?
It is literally the ONLY core block we purchase today.

If you have to fight that much for Mopar products I think your upper management is thinking in the wrong direction. I would rather go back to IMM or the Teuton’s. I don’t want my investment to support the development of other brands speed parts.

I did want to emphasize no disrespect to you. You’re straight up and honest and a good company rep. You also make a good case at changing my position but I’m not all the way there yet.

You guys aren’t paying retail for any other Meg’s parts, are you?

Appreciate the open mindedness. I respect that you aren't coming at me. I am a Shareholder in the company, so I'm pretty privy to our operations. (And I'm pretty proud of the work we do, so I do have to stick up for us!)

The intake is an edelbrock also. Valid point, we dont pay retail, but its sure not a very deep discount, especially compared to an sbc intake we own the tooling on at the foundry. The pistons for most engines we have custom made to the point of owning tooling also, These are forged icons.

The reason I don't have a badass SB mopar block yet is simply volume. Need the volume to support tooling cost. It's very valid if we keep growing the segment. I honestly think the hemi will help 408 sales and vice versa.

I would love to tool up and do one...but I have to keep the needle moving (and keep customers happy) to get there.

Thanks!

I would love to tool up and do one...but I have to keep the needle moving (and keep customers happy) to get there.

Thanks!

Here’s an idea. A third Mopar product. Lean on what’s already out there.
Here it is: Get with Ritter and tell him what you want and see what he can do.
It would help him out with volume and Blueprint would be doing development on his product as you streamline an engine program. I would love to see a 48* block with engine mount tabs, 800 hp crate engine. Two variations: racecar and Pro Street.

LOL. I’m laughing at my own words but I dream big.

I'm still waiting for a low deck big block. :D
An all aluminum version would be nice, you could start by producing a block.

BluePrint could get in cahoots with a billet block manufacturer and build any engine a customer wants. Not sure how many customers would like the price of them though.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm grateful to see Mopar crate engines offered. We're normally stuck lucking the pan while the Ford and Chevy guys eat cake. At least we're not like the AMC guys and stuck with an empty box.

Last edited:
-
Back