Boise on fire

-
Do any of you western guys ever see this stuff being put to use. I guess it was developed in pittsburgh and the guy went out west and applied it. I saw this on the news so I just googled it.

Technology developed in Pittsburgh could be game-changing in fighting wildfires
I haven't seen it used on any of the wildland assignments I've been on, maybe @go-fish has. We use foam routinely on the structural side, though.

@mbaird -- glad you're staying safe. I know it's sad to see your "backyard" burn like that, especially if you're outdoorsy. 50 years is a long time for us, but a blink of an eye for Mother Nature.

I haven't seen it used on any of the wildland assignments I've been on, maybe @go-fish has. We use foam routinely on the structural side, though.

@mbaird -- glad you're staying safe. I know it's sad to see your "backyard" burn like that, especially if you're outdoorsy. 50 years is a long time for us, but a blink of an eye for Mother Nature.
2nd time this year . The burn in this pic got even closer but came from the west on my side of river. This pic is from my patio…

image.jpg

That's a shame...what a beautiful landscape that was. It's bad enough when heat and mother nature cause this damage to beautiful ground like that but when we cause it there's really no excuse.

The one to the east of me was started by someone burning leaves at a home somewhere behind Micron Technology.
He lives in the sage brush for fucks sake ! How much intelect does it require to realize that is a bad idea! They will go after them for cost of fire suppression.

From Boise Fire, some video of the efforts made on the Valley Fire. It’s from the Boise Fire Department’s FB page if the video doesn’t work for you. The video is mostly a backfiring operation to create a break to protect a subdivision of homes.

Also last update was 9,892 acres with 50% containment. No homes lost, no injuries reported.

Fire looks to be pretty well out, containment percentages are how much of the fire has a line constructed around it, it doesn’t mean the fire isn’t controlled. A fire can be completely out but still not fully contained.

Also last update was 9,892 acres with 50% containment. No homes lost, no injuries reported.

Fire looks to be pretty well out, containment percentages are how much of the fire has a line constructed around it, it doesn’t mean the fire isn’t controlled. A fire can be completely out but still not fully contained.
Interesting… I saw plumes of black smoke which I attributed to homes burning with fuels and plastics. Maybe barns or outbuildings ? Hard to believe they could stop that fire in that area. I know the area and it is dense forest.

Interesting… I saw plumes of black smoke which I attributed to homes burning with fuels and plastics. Maybe barns or outbuildings ? Hard to believe they could stop that fire in that area. I know the area and it is dense forest.

Could be, you’d certainly know better than me I’m just going off the updates/press releases. Sounds like it’s going quite well based on those, but I can’t see what’s actually happening like you can.

Could be, you’d certainly know better than me I’m just going off the updates/press releases. Sounds like it’s going quite well based on those, but I can’t see what’s actually happening like you can.
I am having a hard time finding any real info on the fire .
So maybe not ?

I am having a hard time finding any real info on the fire .
So maybe not ?

It’s Idaho BLM running it, the Feds definitely don’t update as frequently as other agencies do. This is the update from this afternoon, it’s linked on the Watch Duty app I mentioned earlier. It’s a great resource for anyone in fire country.

Overall, it sounds like they’ve made very good progress, they’re downgrading to a type III management team so that usually means it’s pretty well under control.

IMG_7867.jpeg

well i hope all fair there issues with those wildfires , down here in san jose california . we have a fire starter along the freeway belts . and i was just recently touched by this fire bug . they burned a couch loaded with wood from a tree next to my storage yard with my vintage cars in it . i had a couple break ins , come through the fence i had put up , 8k for that , so i mended it and piled tires of all sorts along the fence to make it a tough job to get through . yes you guessed it , their fire set my tire wall on fire , which set flames on my 70 challenger rt 440 6 pk 4 spd car and , my 67 300 rag , burnt the traps and taillights on both and the whole but chrome as well as the clips that hold the trim on even burned the tip extension rubbers . i'm so thank full the local fire cure was fast on the spot , and saved the rest of my cars and put out the fire that was burning so hot it twisted the poles on the fence top rails for 40 feet . so i'm putting corrugated tin on the fence . putting all the screw heads on the inside and the pointed ends to the outside . and dealing with burnt tires is no fun job , i've been black and the tools are black and everything i touch is black . hope this gets done before they burn more of this 147 foot fence where the stacks of tire are still along .

well i hope all fair there issues with those wildfires , down here in san jose california . we have a fire starter along the freeway belts . and i was just recently touched by this fire bug . they burned a couch loaded with wood from a tree next to my storage yard with my vintage cars in it . i had a couple break ins , come through the fence i had put up , 8k for that , so i mended it and piled tires of all sorts along the fence to make it a tough job to get through . yes you guessed it , their fire set my tire wall on fire , which set flames on my 70 challenger rt 440 6 pk 4 spd car and , my 67 300 rag , burnt the traps and taillights on both and the whole but chrome as well as the clips that hold the trim on even burned the tip extension rubbers . i'm so thank full the local fire cure was fast on the spot , and saved the rest of my cars and put out the fire that was burning so hot it twisted the poles on the fence top rails for 40 feet . so i'm putting corrugated tin on the fence . putting all the screw heads on the inside and the pointed ends to the outside . and dealing with burnt tires is no fun job , i've been black and the tools are black and everything i touch is black . hope this gets done before they burn more of this 147 foot fence where the stacks of tire are still along .
That sucks ! Time for some cameras to help catch the fuckers ! I would club them like baby seals until they drool for life ! Death is too humane .

i agree whole hearted , but the cops won't even take a report , seems that vintage cars in california don't matter much . one time they stold my pitt racer right from in front of my shop , i was doing something that took me away from it for a couple sec's , and it was gone . but some homeless guy found it at his camp and told me to come get it . so not all these people are assholes . it was a fun build . and it's a crowd pleaser every time out . you see that at first i had foot pegs from a motorcycle , but you couldn't get enough ''english '' on them , so i built some zoomies for it that hinge up for bumps and they help with cornering , the outside peg or zoomy rubs on the ground and keeps you up right , oh and it does wheelies too .

DSC00238.JPG

DSC00239.JPG

P9091254.JPG

Attachments

• scan0005.pdf
    894.1 KB · Views: 4
  • scan0004.pdf
    894.1 KB · Views: 3
  • scan0003.pdf
    833.8 KB · Views: 3
  • scan0001.pdf
    355.8 KB · Views: 5
  • scan0006.pdf
    274 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Sorry for all your bad luck Paul. I hope you catch them a give them what they deserve. Kim

-
Back