bought a motorcycle!

-
I have been trying to avoid this thread but I just could not do it any longer:angry7:.
I miss my bilking days :-D
There sure are a lot of nice bikes here.:cheers:

....would i mention this. Don't know how long any of you have been riding but would offer this bit of advice. I've ridden many years and thought i knew which way was up but after i took the Motor Cycle Safety Foundation course did i have a different view of the real deal. I ride a 1500 Goldwing and i did learn alot of good information on how to stay alive in a situation when the need arises. If you have a chance to take that course do so and you will thank me later. I took it through the Traffic Safety Alliance in Springfield, Mo.
Bill Stone AKA Small Block

Nice bike OC! I'm a sucker for big Kaws.

I almost bought a another bike in Feb. Have fun guys! Don't forget that "You are invisible and no one can see you". I rode with that thought in mind and it saved my life many times. While the bike warms up and you are zipping up your leathers, putting your gloves on, checking the turn signals and brakes, etc., take a minute to change your mindset. :)

Thanks Ramcharger. It's been a great bike for a lot of years, but really low mileage for its age. I've only got about 12K miles on her since it sat for so long.
I'd had it for almost 2 years and laid it down up in the local mountains being stupid. Insurance totalled it even though all the damage was cosmetic. I bought it back, replaced all the damaged parts, put the fairing on (Vetter 'Rooster'), put the Kerker 4-into-1 exhaust on, had the custom paint done, and still pocketed a few hundred $$$.
You're absolutely right about being "invisible". I've ridden with that philosophy for many years and it's saved me a bunch of times.

Your going to sell her? Did your bike come with the tach or did you add it on?

Yea, I think so. I'm kind of done with her. I'd would lovbe to ride, but my time to ride is very low. 6 or 7 guys I used to ride with left state. (Can't blame them a bit.) And the ones left I don't wanna ride with.
I could also use some bucks for my daughters braces. LOL Aint that allways the case. Something more important gettin in the way.

I added the tach. Easy to do, buy the tach, instructions included. Follow along slow and easy with a manual for the year/model bike. Think twice, cut once. LOL
Seriously, it's easy.

Heres a pair of shots from yesterday, my lil'guy, LOL and myself with to much sun, it hid the stash some. But you can see the signals movbed to below the road lamps.
(I should take another shot.)

100_0159.jpg

100_0158.jpg

Yea, I think so. I'm kind of done with her. I'd would lovbe to ride, but my time to ride is very low. 6 or 7 guys I used to ride with left state. (Can't blame them a bit.) And the ones left I don't wanna ride with.
I could also use some bucks for my daughters braces. LOL Aint that allways the case. Something more important gettin in the way

I understand, sucks you dont get very much time to ride, I dont know what I would do if i sold my sporty. Mines kind of grown on me, as a matter of fact i dont think im ever going to sell it along with the duster.

thanks for the tach info, ill keep that in mind

Thanks Ramcharger. It's been a great bike for a lot of years, but really low mileage for its age. I've only got about 12K miles on her since it sat for so long.
I'd had it for almost 2 years and laid it down up in the local mountains being stupid. Insurance totalled it even though all the damage was cosmetic. I bought it back, replaced all the damaged parts, put the fairing on (Vetter 'Rooster'), put the Kerker 4-into-1 exhaust on, had the custom paint done, and still pocketed a few hundred $$$.
You're absolutely right about being "invisible". I've ridden with that philosophy for many years and it's saved me a bunch of times.

Glad to see you brought it back to life. :) I've ridden the razors edge before and "found my limitations", lol. Luckily the leathers took the brunt of it.

I like the small 'Vetter and you got to have headers. The older Kaws really respond to them. :) Have you thought about a hotter ignition, cams and Wiseco pistons yet? :-D Don't forget some big smoothbores too.

I could also use some bucks for my daughters braces. LOL Aint that allways the case. Something more important gettin in the way.

Heres a pair of shots from yesterday, my lil'guy, LOL and myself with to much sun, it hid the stash some. But you can see the signals movbed to below the road lamps.
(I should take another shot.)

Get another pic Rumble. :) To bad your riding buddies took off. When I moved here I just got up early at least once a week and headed to the mountains. I'ts been 5 years since I had a bike and I still dream of it about once a month. I can't let it go for some reason. I'll have another bike someday. :read2:

Hey, dogs don't ever need braces do they? Lol, I understand man. If I ever have kids, they'd be #1 too. :-D

You all have some nice bikes. Never was into the street thing but I do have two dirt bikes.

06 Suzuki 450 LTR
01 Raptor 730

100_1196.jpg

Raptor7.jpg

You all have some nice bikes. Never was into the street thing but I do have two dirt bikes.

06 Suzuki 450 LTR
01 Raptor 730

All that I was ever into when I was younger was dirt. But with the junk body parts that I have I can't do that anymore. One day of dirt riding= one week of recovery. I would of liked to still be into dirt but it effects my work and daily life to much.

All that I was ever into when I was younger was dirt. But with the junk body parts that I have I can't do that anymore. One day of dirt riding= one week of recovery. I would of liked to still be into dirt but it effects my work and daily life to much.

I am still young so I can take it. Was planing on moving on up to a buggy when I get older and have more money.

While others are adding pics...
100_1853.jpg

Weather was nice for a few days around here, now its 40 degrees and raining. Hopefully get it out again later in the week...

I've alllways thought the Shadow a nice bike, yours is no exception.

Thats sweet! I'm craving for one! haha I've always felt like a motorcycle gang boy without the motorcycle...nor the gang...just the boots.

What bike is that?

It's an 07 HD Nightrain. Basically a softail standard with drag bars, gunfighter seat, different wheels and blacked out (almost) everything. They do offer them in a few other colors (on the tank and fenders) but that doesn't work for me. I swapped the wide-glide front end for the blacked out inverted front end, changed the laced wheel in front to an aluminum wheel, upgraded the brakes with black braided lines, LRB Z+ pads and floating rotors, added the Vance and Hines exhaust, ThunderMax Auto-tune Computer w/wideband o2's and a Big Sucker Stage II air cleaner with a custom cover on it that I made. The stock cover won't fit over the 8" filter.
I did a few other things on it, but that's the main stuff.
I'm currently putting a custom oil cooler on it complete with stainless hard lines running to and from it. I'll get some pics up when I get it done.
1.jpg

Her's a pic before any mods. Vince from Orange County Choppers......his Dad was my salesman on this bike. He works at Daytona HD at Destination Daytona. That's Mr D in the pic.

11-06-06_1337.jpg

If I was to buy a Harley, it would most certainly be the "Nightrain" model. Nice looking bike. :)

If I was to buy a Harley, it would most certainly be the "Nightrain" model. Nice looking bike. :)

nighttrains are really nice bikes, i like subtle changes to the 09 streetbobs too, looks sick. If I were to get a softail it would be the new crossbones. I love the vintage look with a 96 twin cam and 6 speed.:love4:

nighttrains are really nice bikes, i like subtle changes to the 09 streetbobs too, looks sick. If I were to get a softail it would be the new crossbones. I love the vintage look with a 96 twin cam and 6 speed.:love4:

A little ways back I was looking for a basketcase shovel head. I couldn't find anything in my price range though. I've always liked the older (pre-1980) shovel head superglides. :love4::love4:

Superglide1.jpg

Superglide2.jpg

Nice bike OC! I'm a sucker for big Kaws.

I almost bought a another bike in Feb. Have fun guys! Don't forget that "You are invisible and no one can see you". I rode with that thought in mind and it saved my life many times. While the bike warms up and you are zipping up your leathers, putting your gloves on, checking the turn signals and brakes, etc., take a minute to change your mindset. :)

X2, Ive ridden a few different bikes over the years and them's words to live by. I sold my vmax to buy the duster. I don't regret it, but I still miss it every once and a while. I too will have a bike again one day, but only after the kids are off and I have a FAT life insurance policy...

440, Have some fun, save some gas, but ride SMART... you aint having fun tomorrow if you die today :cheers:

DSCF0040 (Small).JPG

Ive had a susuki 800 Volusia , a 100th anniversery Sporty and a 2005 Dyna.
JUST BE CAREFUL...........decided to quit bikes and go back to hotrods when my son was born. Nearly "bought the farm " once

My last time to enjoy a bike was back in the late 80'es
a Kawasaki KZ1000R: The Original Lawson Replica that a friend owned.
what a great handling Bike with more power then I could use.
My last bike I owned was a 84 550k Honda that fit me good and screamed for a 550 four

146_9910_01zoom+kawasaki_kz1000+right_two.jpg

-
Back