Brake drums

-

66Dart225

Reaction score
Hi in trying to figure out if I have 9 or 10 drums on my 66 dart so I can order new shoes. How do I find this out.

Take a wheel off and most of the time the drums are stamped on the outside, if they are not then measure it.

Hopefully you don't need rear 10" drums because they are obsolete and super hard to find new.

10" drums are hard to find, but they're still out there if you look hard enough. Most parts stores carry only the 9" drums for some reason.

easiest answer -- original 6 cylinder car = 9" v-8 car = 10" .. car that is almost 50 years old priceless!! the outer drum will have a max -diameter stamped into the edge-- Lawrence

easiest answer -- original 6 cylinder car = 9" v-8 car = 10" .. car that is almost 50 years old priceless!! the outer drum will have a max -diameter stamped into the edge-- Lawrence

That is the usual way but I have had /6s with 10" as well as a V8 that 10" on the front and 9" on the rear. Obviously the V8 had a rear end swap during some point in its life.

Correct me if I'm wrong, when I replaced the 10 inch on my 65 Barracuda, a man that restores Chryslers told me the drums from a Duster were still avaliable and would work fine. The difference is the have a flair to help keep water out. Does this sound correct or was he just btrying to sell me what he had in stock?

Correct me if I'm wrong, when I replaced the 10 inch on my 65 Barracuda, a man that restores Chryslers told me the drums from a Duster were still avaliable and would work fine. The difference is the have a flair to help keep water out. Does this sound correct or was he just btrying to sell me what he had in stock?

All the replacements I have found didn't have the bell. I just checked for a different part number and it lists the same part number and shows it to be no longer available for rear drum.

-
Back