-
Status
Not open for further replies.

tekslk

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a pair of brake hubs for 10 inch front brakes with 5x4 bolt pattern. Shipping would be to central pa. Would probably fit in med one price box? Whats everyone got?

Looking for a pair of brake hubs for 10 inch front brakes with 5x4 bolt pattern. Shipping would be to central pa. Would probably fit in med one price box? Whats everyone got?

Is that the small bolt pattern ?? I have the front end off my 70 because I did a disc brake conversion on the front have the rears also becAuse of a rear end swap

Ok well I just took the complete front and rear of my 70 apart. If none of these others that replied first can help you get on touch and I'll see what I can so for you.

Am guessing that you are all set - but this is what I removed several years ago from an early seventies Duster local yard was scrapping. Have not taken apart yet am not even sure if they are small or big ball joint uppers, (control arms) but am guessing small since they are drums with the small bolt pattern.

Attachments

• 100_0317.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 100_0344.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 151
  • 100_0345.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 142
That looks like the big ball joint SBP setup used on 73 and up slant 6 cars. Those hubs may be different because the spindle is. The UCAs are very desirable however.

Greg, thank you. I am almost positive these are small bolt pattern, but will check again. Thought all A bodied cars w/o discs (front drums) carried on w/ small bolt pattern through 76 production. Pulled them off very quickly from a car (Duster) local yard was in a big hurry to crush, they may? be something someone threw on to roll car into yard.

The 73-76 drum cars ARE small bolt pattern but the upper control arms were converted to the large BALL JOINT.

In doing so, the spindle might have been different. If the spindle is different, the hub may also be different. I'm uncertain about any of this. Your drums are visually VERY different than the 68-69 a body 10 inch drums I pulled the hubs off (no fins on mine).

If you have a ball joint socket, try the large one (like you use on B/E body) and see.

Most people (including me until recently) didn't realize that even the SBP 6 cylinder cars got large ball joint ucas after 72.

BTW, there's a post here looking for the big ball joint ucas. They are still bringing very good money.

The 73-76 drum cars ARE small bolt pattern but the upper control arms were converted to the large BALL JOINT.

In doing so, the spindle might have been different. If the spindle is different, the hub may also be different. I'm uncertain about any of this. Your drums are visually VERY different than the 68-69 a body 10 inch drums I pulled the hubs off (no fins on mine).

If you have a ball joint socket, try the large one (like you use on B/E body) and see.

Most people (including me until recently) didn't realize that even the SBP 6 cylinder cars got large ball joint ucas after 72.

BTW, there's a post here looking for the big ball joint ucas. They are still bringing very good money.

Most 1973 up A-bodies are big ball joints but there has been some early 1973 drum brake cars found that had the small ball joints.

Thank you Greg. I believe that these are post 70. They are small bolt pattern, checked them again. look more like C body drums to me, but c bodies never used a small bolt pattern.

While we're on the subject -- I have 6 -- N.O.S. O.E.M. MOPAR in the original
Chrysler box -- part # 3....... (don't know off the top of my head!!)

While they are O.E.M. and N.O.S. -- will offer them as pairs very inexpensive....

(Heavy to ship -- am in New York )

WILL BE GOING to Chryslers @ Carlisle, Pa. in July
WILL BE GOING to Mopar Nats in Columbus, Ohio in August:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back