Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
> When are we gonna hear that motor fire up?

You tell me...

[x] tie fan nuts
[x] wire alternator
[x] fill radiator with water
[x] put resistive wire on ignition coil
[x] tie carb. nuts (I think I will have a leak on its basis gasket)
[x] battery connector (positive cable)
[x] cut negative cable in half.
[still need to ground firewall ] ground cable on engine/firewall
[x] install spark plug wires

I've already checked oil. I'll run starter motor with coil cable unplugged, just to pressurize.
hummm, forgot to buy gas and call some friends to drink beer.

Good idea to have a check list. Take your time and make it right. I'd hate to see a critical mistake now.

today I left glasses to install a film on them.
Results overcome my expectation. beautiful

IMG_5938.JPG

I like the windows tinted as well...including the windshield! Makes the interior 100% more enjoyable when its sunny out and saves the upholstery from UV damage.

Looking good...:cheers:

I don't see any beer though.....so I guess no engine starting party tonight?

Attachments

• 100_2782.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 373
I like the windows tinted as well...including the windshield! Makes the interior 100% more enjoyable when its sunny out and saves the upholstery from UV damage.

Looking good...:cheers:

I don't see any beer though.....so I guess no engine starting party tonight?

I've did not buy gas. Gas station are not selling gas unless I buy a special bottle. Dam't.

I bought some beers. Ahhhh.. by the way, have to buy gas hose

burn babe burn

I had to work and did not had enough time. Hope until next weekend I have some good news

IMG_5967.JPG

Yea Yea.........we can make moonshine here in MO as well. We usually make it in 55 gallon drums though. Not sure there's enough there to get everyone here drunk so you may have to brew some more. :D

Tic Toc.

I googled for moonshine. Seems to be a pretty good thing to drink (and loss mind) :p
but it is just gas (I wonder you knew).

Today my wife helped me to install drive side door glass. Pretty easy to put in place. But I still need to do the fine tuning. At this moment, glass is grabbing.

Oh yea.....really looking like a car now!

Your lucky your wife helps....mine wont come near the garage anymore. Something about my temper and my short fuse.

Quick to anger slow to understand....I believe Neil Pert from RUSH said. She agrees:D

I love the fully tinted look,but unfortunately here in Canada we are not allowed to tint the side windows (directly on either side of driver),nor the front windshield. We can tint the rear 3 on a Dart however. Something to do with obstructing the view of our friendly R.C.M.P. Because you know,all us Canadians pack guns and will readily shoot police officers (sarcasm!):protest:.

we're allowed to use up to 50% tint window on sides and back.

found the problem while attempt to fire up engine. I've shifted all cables on distributor.

:violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1:

[ame]http://youtu.be/HywNIOdCOP8[/ame]

also have to fix this "leak".
Carb has been left on a shelf for a long time. Probably inlet needle is stuck...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrDiGCx1U1k"]MVI 5989 - YouTube[/ame]

You look like a proud papa showing off his newborn!

Congratulations on getting there. Now it will all come together quickly as your pace will increase 10X and your stamina to continue will be never ending.

Where is the beer?v:cheers:

No beer yesterday :(
I'm really happy my wife helped me.
I still have to do a lot of "small" things. Brakes are my next target.
I also must think in how to pass shifter linkages. I've rebuild my car floor taking into account a 4-speed floor shifter, which is different from the current shifter I'll use (a 3-speed floor shifter).

spent a few hours flairing brake lines.
I still need to make one more (the long one of the rear axle).

Hope they do not leak ;)

IMG_6019.JPG

IMG_6015.JPG

IMG_6013.JPG

one more piece in place...

took some time to put it in place, make curves and attach it to the brake splitter... hope it does not leak.

IMG-20150322-WA0029.jpg

-
Back