Brock Lesner loses! UFC 121

-
Not liking the mexican pride thing though....would have liked to see brock win instead...

Brock is someone to look up to, he played Nfl football DT for the Vikings, then went to wrestling and then ufc, it just tells kids they can do anything they want if they try.
Yeah he was kinda cocky but thats just his ego. You gotta be full of yourself in prosports or you wont do very well.

I was really surprised by the level of striking Velasquez showed during this match. I was not surprised about his grappling ability since he was an All-American at Arizona State. Lesnar needs to work on his standup game big time and get comfortable with taking shots to the face.

i think dana had a convo with brock saying "you want money? you be nicie!"

i think i read that gsp wants to train to go into silvas class to fight silva then retire...

i would love to see gsp whoop silva....

Dana has everything to lose with Lesnar being beat, especially by a low key Mexican. Nope, it was a legit victory and nothing should be taken away from Velasquez.

Either way this kid deserves it, he is the first hispanic heavy weight and it only adds to his legacy knowing he beat down brock.

I think Lesner has been out for the last year with an illness, he didnt look as aggressive as he usually is id bet he comes back and stomps a mud hole in the mexican easily if theres a rematch.

I think Lesner has been out for the last year with an illness, he didnt look as aggressive as he usually is id bet he comes back and stomps a mud hole in the mexican easily if theres a rematch.

Not as aggressive? He came out charging and threw some good knees. He lost aggressiveness because he got tagged very hard by Velasquez. Carwin did the same thing but punched himself out which left an opening for Lesnar. There will be a re-match so you never know.

Plus his first fight back from the illness was against carwin, so ring rust isn't even an excuse. He has already come back from the illness, and beat carwin. He just simply lost to velasquez.

I credit Carwin. He showed that Lesner could be jolted. Everyone was so in awe of Brock when he first came out. Carwin showed he could be hit, and that someone could stand with him and not be forced to the ground. In my humble opinion, I think the fight with Carwin should have been stopped in the first round. If it had been anyone but Lesner, the ref would have stepped in. He was getting beat down, and was not doing a good job of defending himself towards the end of the first round. I have seen far less of a beatdown get stopped, but they allowed Carwin to continue until the bell, which bought Brock time to recover.

I was impressed that Brock is man enough to admit "he was better then me tonight" regarding Cain.

I am not impressed with the double standard regarding Cain's tattoo.

Brock is someone to look up to, he played Nfl football DT for the Vikings, then went to wrestling and then ufc, it just tells kids they can do anything they want if they try.
No, he wrestled, then used his WWF fame to get a short-lived(and failed) NFL 'career'.
And as far as being a role model for kids, flipping off the fans who are booing you and then saying you're going to go "bounce on your wife" isn't really acting the way professional athletes are supposed to.

I think Lesnar has worked harder his whole life than a lot of other fighters in the UFC. He's said some a-hole cocky things, but he can back them up. I have huge respect for him, especially for losing 80 pounds due to diesase and bouncing back to defend his title (and win). Sucks he lost... but you know Dana's no fool, he'll get a chance to get it back. Now when it comes to cocky, Silva is king - I'd LOVE to see him get his *** beat into retirement.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZifNbdjev8"]YouTube - ANDERSON THE SPIDER SILVA LOSSES[/ame] Tap ***** Tap!

Yeah he was kinda cocky but thats just his ego. You gotta be full of yourself in prosports or you wont do very well.

Not trying to argue with you here, but you can look at that 2 ways, either he wasnt good at football, so went into the fakeassed wrestling then onto the real stuff. Or he did all 3 "sports" which is an accomplishment. In my opinion not a role model. Watch every play in NFL its friggin showtime!! What a joke. Joe Theismann, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Dan Marino there are a TON of great players that played with humility, honor and integrity. Brock aint one of them. Like they say if you score, act like you have done it before.

Not liking the mexican pride thing though....would have liked to see brock win instead...

What's wrong with Cain being proud of his heritage? He trained hard, fought harder and won. I think him being proud of his heritage and being the first mexican heavyweight champ is something to be proud of, not to be looked down on...

If it was the first caucasian heavyweight who won instead, would it be any different? Think about it....

Just my .02 cents. Not trying to start an argument here. See ya! :-D

Yes it would be different because if a white man says he's proud to be white, he is scorn for a rachist!
I respect him for his ability, he for sure earned the belt.

I will pay big money to see the new champ get his *** handed to him no different than I did watching Lesner get his *** handed to him.

Yes it would be different because if a white man says he's proud to be white, he is scorn for a rachist!
I respect him for his ability, he for sure earned the belt.

I will pay big money to see the new champ get his *** handed to him no different than I did watching Lesner get his *** handed to him.

Exactly...When a white man is proud of his heritage, he is called a racist...

I think the issue with Cain's "pride" is his tattoo that clearly reads "brown pride" yeah, okay I've heard many many people explain that away as just being happy to be mexican, but c'mon. If I go get that tattoo myself but replace brown with white I'm a racist. Yet it says brown and it's okay?

What if it said yellow? black? would that have the same "feeling" as if it said white? I think not, but yet, if you're proud to be white, you're a racist, that's why Cain rubs me the wrong way, I hope Dos Santos beats him so I don't have to see that dumb tattoo plastered on my TV anymore

I think the issue with Cain's "pride" is his tattoo that clearly reads "brown pride" yeah, okay I've heard many many people explain that away as just being happy to be mexican, but c'mon. If I go get that tattoo myself but replace brown with white I'm a racist. Yet it says brown and it's okay?

What if it said yellow? black? would that have the same "feeling" as if it said white? I think not, but yet, if you're proud to be white, you're a racist, that's why Cain rubs me the wrong way, I hope Dos Santos beats him so I don't have to see that dumb tattoo plastered on my TV anymore

Well said.

wow alot of responses!..I personaly was starting to like Brock but i think Cain is is a great champ cant wait to see who he fights next..let him be proud of his mexican heritage i see nothing wrong with that..and to be the first Mexican heavyweight Champion thats awsome..something thats never even been done even in Boxing..

I'm fine with him being "proud of his heritage" but, if he were me and the tat said "white pride" well, I'd be condemend for it, even by others of my own background.

I don't like the double standard. but, I gotta say I am suprised at anyone handling lesnar

-
Back