bucket seat help

-
If the seats your using are not stock buckets thy probably won't line up. If your seat are from a B- body c -body ,the seats will be longer and a little wider. Get your backing platers as mentioned above. Get them lined up tack them, set your drivers seat first line the middle of the seat up with the center of the steering wheel, mark placement on plates. Take seat out make sure everything is square. Also good idea to check glides make sure seat is where you want it. recheck measurement maybe put the seat bact in . If your satisfied, pull the seat drill the holes.

do the dimples only locate the plates? or are the dimples the actual holes for the seats?

the dimples are the actul seat holes as long as they are the proper seat brackets for that year car.

The dimples locate the spot to drill for the seat track bolts. The factory saved money and time by not drilling them out if they were not needed on that particular order.

why are there 2 holes in the plates pictured? im just curious. i made my own plates and made brackets to use the dimplies when i put the seats in the duster.

don't waste your money on prefabed floor supports just go buy a strip of steel thats about the width you need it and cut it to length and drill your own holes, I'm sure it is cheaper that way. I would HIGHLY suggest getting a framer's square because the dimples they make are not exactly true in squareness so if you just go off one dimple and assume the other dimple xx inches away is directly in line then your seat may be twisted or holes be off. What I did a few weeks ago for my bucket seat installation was drill the dimples that were next to the floor hump then used the framing square with the flat edge against where the door comes up to the body on the floor because it's very straight and marked off the distance that I measured between studs on the seats.

Attachments

• IMAG0040.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 148
  • floorpaint.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 154
-
Back