Budget EFI Kit

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean it's locked out,no timing adv mechanism's inside right? Lean burn dizzy' is also like this and has a magnetic pickup. Possibly another part's source?

I'm planning on using my lean burn dist in my 400 to work with whatever inj system I use. At least it will work with the megasquirt. Not sure about the GM tbi though.

And I found a chip burner for about $80..So now I can source all the GM tbi and simply change the chip to a custom burned one!

no the lean burn distributor won't work in stock for as it has a different pickup in it then TBI, TBI distributors are unique. I will be modifying distributors in the future for big block and /6 for TBI from lean burn distributors but they won't work the way they are

so is there any interest in this kit?

if your interested in buying a kit you can PM me if you have questions before ordering otherwise you can check out this thread and direct questions there that way this thread is easier for new people looking for a kit to find what there looking for

my other thread

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=177434

Give me a couple of months and I'll want one.

If i was to get a magnum 360 and swap a carb intake onto it would this system handle it? No cam change or anything crazy aside from maybe shave the heads a little to up the compression. I want to buy that as my intermediate engine until i get my high horse la 360 done since their only $125 from tgrottle body to oil pan. And that would be almost as cheap as a new holley carb

Will the slant 6 kit be tunable? How much hp will it be able to handle? Will it be compatible with a turbo set up?

If i was to get a magnum 360 and swap a carb intake onto it would this system handle it? No cam change or anything crazy aside from maybe shave the heads a little to up the compression. I want to buy that as my intermediate engine until i get my high horse la 360 done since their only $125 from tgrottle body to oil pan. And that would be almost as cheap as a new holley carb

TBI should handle a stock magnum engine quite well with a 4 barrel intake and the adapter plate I supply

Will the slant 6 kit be tunable? How much hp will it be able to handle? Will it be compatible with a turbo set up?

the kit that I sell is factory tuned using all chrysler parts. TBI computers are quite different from the later MPFI ones and are pretty well set with the fuel maps that they come with.

You can tune some with timing (up to 14 degrees) and fuel pressure increases (up to 16 PSI) to allow abit more performance; as far as turbo goes I'm unsure of that as I haven't went that route yet, although most of the FWD mopars of the early 90's were TBI (4 cylinder) and some were turbo so its possible but I'm not sure whats Involved

What would be needed to make this kit work? As in im going ground up so i dont have any fuel system, wiring, ignition. Id need an ignition box and what else added to your kit to make my application run.

What would be needed to make this kit work? As in im going ground up so i dont have any fuel system, wiring, ignition. Id need an ignition box and what else added to your kit to make my application run.

you won't need an ignition box, all you will need to do with my kit is bolt it on, install the fuel pump and adapter included and the computer which requires 3 wires; power all the time, ground and power with key on

Sorry is this was answered before, but can you use the stock accelerator cable (65 A body)? Is the linkage on the TB on the driver side?

Sorry is this was answered before, but can you use the stock cable accelerator cable (65 A body)? Is the linkage on the TB on the driver side?

I supply a v8 thottle cable as it has an end on it like a bicycle would have, linkage's are on the drivers side; with a 4 barrel breather you wouldn't be able to tell its TBI unless you look for the sensors

What's your current price point for all the different options?

I was interested a few months ago, but have since spent what I consider a fair ammount of money on a car and parts. Still recovering from that, but still interested when finances rebound.

What's your current price point for all the different options?

I was interested a few months ago, but have since spent what I consider a fair ammount of money on a car and parts. Still recovering from that, but still interested when finances rebound.

full kit which includes everything to run is $425

this is a great idea and a great deal, wish i had something to use it for...

will work on any carburated v8 mopar, doesn't only have to be A body, I have done a few kits for older dodge trucks to change from 4 barrel to throttle body

I am very Interested in this. I can't afford to go fast, so good reliability and fuel ecomomy are what I need. I like driving my car, but not at the price of gas right now @ 18 mpg with my TQ.

I have two questions,

does the fuel system require a return line back to the tank?

I have a stock cast iron singleplane 2 bbl manifold and a stock cast iron 4 bbl spread bore manifold. Which would give better performance with the TBI?

I am very Interested in this. I can't afford to go fast, so good reliability and fuel ecomomy are what I need. I like driving my car, but not at the price of gas right now @ 18 mpg with my TQ.

I have two questions,

does the fuel system require a return line back to the tank?

I have a stock cast iron singleplane 2 bbl manifold and a stock cast iron 4 bbl spread bore manifold. Which would give better performance with the TBI?

RogerK,

TBI does require a return line but you can add that fairly easy, as for the sending unit a piece of copper 1/4" return line can be soldered into it

the best for the TBI would be the 4 barrel intake, it would bring you more gains as well as its easier to make an adapter for

thank you for your interst

So is the slant six a go? We have a bone stock slant six that needs help on cold starts and had thought about the electric choke, but this would be even better!

So is the slant six a go? We have a bone stock slant six that needs help on cold starts and had thought about the electric choke, but this would be even better!

still working on getting the TBI distributor guts into a lean burn /6 distributor (can't have a vacuum pod) or the vacuum has to be locked in some way so its completely computer controled

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back