Build Sheet QUESTIONS

-
Reaction score
Once apon a time a farmer bought a brand new 1970 from a dealer for his sons 18th birthday. his son drove it for a while and got into a fender bender (drinking) and his dad parked it in a field nd pulled the keys. so my grandfather kept seeing this car for a long time and finally stopped and asked about it. so when my grandpa got it home he tinkered with it but never did much. ( i was about 6 years old).... well time went by (im 18 now) and i got the car. i was cleaning the interior out nd found somthing i think is interesting. the build sheet says it has a police engine?? and it says it had pillar lights.. but no holes from mounting it?? it says a bunch of stuff ( i will try and load pictures later as i have to go to work LOL. but what i think is interesting is there is no writing on the build sheet at all... every picture i find of build sheets has writing. but not this one. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT I HAVE????:burnout:

cant tell you squat without a picture of the fender tag and/or build sheet. the build sheet has the VIN number on it , so you could at least see if it is for that car. a lot of times , a build sheet would make it into the wrong car

My old 70 FM3 car and my current 70 340 Swinger both have that police code, doesn't mean anything really, I think it has something to do with an extra roof brace or support, but it's definitely something minor like that.

i have the vin number. it does match the build sheet. it says it has a police motor? bigger alternator, etc. the wierd thing is that it says it had disk breaks nd it had drum breaks. i will get a picture up when i get off work

Was it built in Windsor? If so, they had their own F code system that has nothing to do with police parts.

yes! it was built in windsor!! i was still trying to find a scanning machine so i could upload it but i do know that the vin number is ( LL23GOR328934 ). so it was a code system that meant nothing? why did they put it on there???

Second row of the sheet, what are the first two numbers?

44?

From my research if the build sheet came from the back seat - first digit is a 3- after January 1970 all showed this flaw and had no codes after line 7.
Sheets that came from front seat or floor, codes 1 or 2 would have a full correct build sheet.
It was the printer off the seat line 3 that had this common error

Would like more info please including dash VIN to further help.
please send to [email protected] for info from my 1970 Dart swinger 340 REGISTRY. have over 1200 VIN's with lots of info

yes on the second row under eng. wich i imagine means engine is 44. the build sheet was under the passenger seat. the only thing about the build sheet is there are no markings, all of the build sheets i have looked up there are red markings (writing) all over it. and as stated above the vin number is ( LL23GOR328934 ) the door vin number, the dash vin number and the build sheet vin number ALL MATCH

-
Back