Building my own Caltrac's

-

Dustedu2

Reaction score
OK, so I decided to make these myself. Here's the brackets so far. I got the tube I need to measure and cut and thread the ends. Will keep you updated. I am making 2 sets so if your interested buying the 2nd one (I'm thinking $150 shipped) send a pm 1st come list. If you decide you don't want them thats fine. Just some scrap metal laying around. :colors:

Attachments

• caltrac brackets.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 1,301
Looking good. Crackedback has mad a set or two. He may be able to give you some tips. Keep up the nice work.

Shock mount?

If you are using the bolt as the pivot for you cantilever, that's gonna be rough. It will work but is subject to some wear. It really needs to be on a floating sleeve like this deal that calvert does.

Tracks002-1.jpg

Tracks003-1.jpg

The aluminum is either 1.5" or 2" OD with a 1" ID
The sleeve you can get 1" od DOM tube and whatever wall thickness you need to get your bolt size. Cut your cantilevers for a 1" hole to pivot on the DOM sleeve.

Nice, did you have a template to copy?
Yes, I bought the plans for $10. They are like blue prints. Shows all the measurements and parts required.

Shock mount?

If you are using the bolt as the pivot for you cantilever, that's gonna be rough. It will work but is subject to some wear. It really needs to be on a floating sleeve like this deal that calvert does.

Tracks002-1.jpg

Tracks003-1.jpg

The aluminum is either 1.5" or 2" OD with a 1" ID
The sleeve you can get 1" od DOM tube and whatever wall thickness you need to get your bolt size. Cut your cantilevers for a 1" hole to pivot on the DOM sleeve.
This looks like a nice deal. I will make sure to do that......Thanks Much!!

FYI I have 2 people inline for the extra set. only have 1 extra.

Where did you buy the plans from? I want to make a set

http://www.hotrodsandhemis.com/Traction.html

All you gotta do is use the search button at the top of this page and you can find anything.

I used this setup and me and Pops built 3 sets. Gave one set to a friend who put them on his 63 Maxwedge Dodge and virtually eliminated wheel spin and hop and dropped his 60'. They DO work! You can see mine in my build thread in my sig.

I made my own as well. I made these with the intent of them not having any bind and still allowing free suspension movement. So far so good and you dont know they are back there until you hit the gas and the driveshaft doesnt smack the floor anymore. Heres a pic during mock up and finished.

Attachments

• compression.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 478
  • 920925_4820496510775_375540409_o.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 469
-
Back