Bummed Out

-

pagilman

Reaction score
:blah5: I'm down in the dumps. Have a cracked exhaust manifold on my duster and it sounds like a massey fergusion. I have my 340 half built and trying to get the money together to finish it. I have a 74 dart with the disk brakes that need moved to the duster before I put the engine in. I have the 8 1/4 pulled "complete" out of the dart to install in the duster, but need to assemble my newly bought limited slip and 3:73 gears in it first. I have to pull the 318 and tranny out of the dart to canabalize parts when I do the conversion. Went to install new carpet today in the duster and couldn't break the 3/4 bolts loose in the drive shaft tunnel for the seat belts. Put the seat back in so I can drive it to a garage when I get time and put it on a lift to break the bolts loose. On top of all of this I'm only home on weekends and my wife is bitching about yard work!!

If I would have known what I was getting into I would have bought a rebuilt car!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you guys ever feel like selling everything and ordering a challenger 6.1 , 6 speed and putting a 70 t/a stripe kit on it? On top of all of this my wife hates the duster and it really hurts when you love a car and your family doesn't share it with you. Thanks for Listening to my Mopar Rant, Walt :blah5:

Let me tell you, if thats your wife and car in those two pics in your post, you don't have a thing in the world to complain about about.

Hey Walt, I'm sure everyone here likes your car, I personally really like it. Nothing like a plumcrazy purple Duster with a great looking hood scoop.
I'd keep building it and just think of the day you'll be out cruzing around in it!!

I'll second that. That car is gorgeous. Who wants to buy one of those fancy store bought hemi cars anyway?

great lookin car, things will come together in due course, just gotta be patient.

and while I and most of the people here love your car, the only person who is required to love it is you. not your wife or anyone else, if they don't like it, they ain't gotta ride in her :)

I read this post and thought i may have wrote it myself!! I can COMPLETLEY relate to you as i am in a practically identical situation. I was going to buy a complete car but then money situation changed, car i have needs more than i was planning to do, wife less than thrilled about the 34 year old green Duster in the driveway(shes about as far as can be to a car lover)and that ive already sunk an additional 2k into it, but i started to look at the postitve. At least i have the car, and im trying, as hard as it may be, and for me its pretty hard cause i have NO PATIENCE, to be ok with the fact that the car wont be done in a week, and my son is getting old enough that he can start enjoying the car and crusing with Dad. Your venting is warranted and understood! Anyway your car looks great already, and im sure you will perservere and end up with a bad *** MOPAR, as i will too, the wives will get over it as they always do, and your determination will pay off, to make the end result that much sweeter! Hang in there!!!!!!!

That's a couple of good looking Dusters y'all have.
My wife refers to my Dart as that ugly old green car. She gripes every time I do anything to it. My conclusion is that women enjoy trying to steal a mans joy in life. If you are doing it for you, then you don't need to be doing it. Fight back. Keep the car and tell her the more she complains the longer it sits. The longer it sits, the longer it looks the same. If you think it's ugly now, then I will leave it sitting looking just like it looks now so you can have something to complain about. And while I'm doing that I need another project car to work on. Makes her mad every time I tell her that.

The way I look at it she knows very well that you like the car and that is a fact as much as the sun rises each day. Then for her to degrade, say something negative or run her mouth about your car (hobby) is only throwing rocks at you not the car. A true woman would not say anything about their man's ride like that even if they don't like it. They would be "Whatever makes my man happy." It makes me angry when a woman won't let a fellow enjoy life once in awhile. And if you say something to them about anything they do they start jumping up and down like a three year old!

mullinax95 said:
The way I look at it she knows very well that you like the car and that is a fact as much as the sun rises each day. Then for her to degrade, say something negative or run her mouth about your car (hobby) is only throwing rocks at you not the car. A true woman would not say anything about their man's ride like that even if they don't like it. They would be "Whatever makes my man happy." It makes me angry when a woman won't let a fellow enjoy life once in awhile. And if you say something to them about anything they do they start jumping up and down like a three year old!

that is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo true

Women view a man's hobby (i.e. cars) as competition.

My wife DOES NOT like my dart and isn't too game on me selling the cutlass even though I've found a '67 barracuda fastback. But she can do little but complain because her name isn't on either title......Bwahahahahaha!!!

well i guess im the lucky one. my wife found the add in the paper and didnt cut it out! actually showed me the add and said why dont you go take a look. that was 6 years ago. she even comes down to the shop and spends a little time with me there. she really got excited after the paint went on. it may be a couple more years be i get to drive it, but i know shell want to ride along

lr with trim.JPG

I guess I'm lucky. For the last 15 years my girlfriend shows up Sat. afternoon and leaves Mon. morning. Never gives me any grief about how much I spend.

If I am happy she is happy and when she is unhappy I will cross an ocean to make here happy. She has been on the job for 28 years. :angel9:
Well , Ok she was not happy when I went to a gentlemen's club a few years back.
Can't have it all. :scratch:

-
Back