bvt69dart.......what a piece of work........

-

hollywood hig

King of the assklowns
Reaction score
good work that is.........now that i have your attention u need to know how awesome this member is.........here's the story.

the wednesday before last i was headed over to my good buddy brock's house, (bvt69dart) i had talked to him earlier and told him my son's band was playing close to where he lives, and asked him if he wanted to go see him play and have a few brews........and of course he said "sure, let's do it".

so i'm on my way over to his house rolling down arapahoe rd. in my dakota r/t........and then it happened........i hit a fricken deer. i was doing about 45, and this isn't a rural area, it's basicly southeast denver. this is a six lane street. (3 lanes east and 3 west) in that area, lots of residential. it was dusk, almost completely dark, i'm in the middle lane, there's a car on the left of me, and a car to the right, and unfortunately i was slightly out front of the other two about a car length. suddenly a deer appeared right in front of me running left to right.........i hit the brakes as soon as i could, but that was about the same time i hit the deer, a full grown doe. she almost made it across, but i hit her in the ***, full bore at 45 mph. i could hear her bones breaking, and felt the soft-like impact of the deer's body against the right corner of the truck. so i'm like "oh shieeeeeittt.....". so now i'm shook up, and the guy behind me almost rearends the truck.......so i get over to the right and stop.......i'm looking back in the mirror, and can see the deer flailling in the gutter trying to get up, her back legs and *** are all tore up. so i didn't know what i should do, i get out and look at the front of the truck,..............the right side is just hammered, bent the hood, took out all of the grill and headlight, i didn't see any coolant leaking, and since was getting dark, i decided to drive the rest of the way to brock's.

so i call brock on the way and tell him what happened and that i'm kind of shook up after that...........he calms me down so i could refocus and tells me to just make it to his house, and "we'll take care of everything from here".

so i barely make it over to his house, just as i get there the truck starts overheating, i pull in his driveway to find out......yep took out the radiator too......

so then brock tells me, "pull into the garage in back". i'm telling you this because brock has two garages, one that's attached to the house, and a brand new garage that he just built, for his dart, and other projects, and this building is prestine, brand new. so i'm like "are u sure? this thing's pretty tore up.......leaking coolant and such". he's says "don't worry about it". so i pull the truck in and shut her down, and we start assesing the damage.........only to find out, the truck is not going anywhere, it's down for the count and will need to be towed.

so then, he helps me get my **** together w/my wits, because i'm still pretty shook up, looking at my truck, and not even realizing the legalities of all this yet. i hit that deer so hard there was deer **** on my windshield, and i'm just looking at the truck in disbelief. then he says "we need to call the police and report this, and take care of anything that migh occur because of this now. the last time i was in an accident, i was in high school, so i'm freakin' because i have an a license, and need it for work, and i don't need any problems with that.

anyways, i get that all takin care of thanks to brock, the voice of reason at the time, even did the accident report on line, and everything was squared away legally within an hour. thanks dude, for the help.

so then he says, "u want a beer"? well i was all over that, but i'm thinking how am i going to get home. so i'm thinking about calling a tow truck, but before i say anything he says "you can take my van home, and we'll just leave your truck in the garage for now.....i'm not using it, and we will figure the rest of this out later...........so i'm like "well what about this, or what about that, and he's all "don't worry about it, dude, let's go see yer kid!!" oh yeah, i almost forgot, the whole reason i came down there was we were going to go see the kids band.

so i get in his 94 dodge caravan, and follow him down to see the kid. there were 3 bands, my son's the last one to go on..........we knew this going in and brock told me that he would probably have to leave before they finished, because he had to get up for work at five. we got there, and the second band just started, jame's band would be up in an hour. well.......brock didn't leave, he stayed the whole night, making sure i was ok, and enjoying the kids music........and then left. i'm sure the next morning was pretty tough for him, i think he got out of there about 11:30.

thanks brock.

that's not the best of it. it's a week and a day later and guess what. i'm still driving the van. i have a 96 caravan (or had, sold it to the pull and pay yesterday) and found out that after putting a water pump on it, it had also blown a head gasket.......and i determined after 270,000 miles, it was time to put it to rest. so i called brock and told him, "well dude, i'm not going to fix the van so i don't what i'm going to do yet, and i still have the truck to deal with, plus i didn't even leave you the key, like the dumbass that i am, so u can't even pull it back out on the street!" i was only planning on driving his van home, and then giving it back once mine was back on the road, but that didn't happen. so he tells me, "higgs! don't fricken worry about it, just use the van until u don't need it anymore, i don't care if it's weeks, and frankly, if u wrecked it, it would probably be a plus for me, i won't have to fix it anymore."

so thanks to you brock, i was able to finally solve my transportation problems and i bought 2011 ram truck w/the hemi in it this evening. so, i will be over to your house w/a radiator this weekend, and will get the van back to you, and get the r/t out of your garage, oh, and did i say?

THANKS A TRUCKLOAD DUDE, I LOVE YA!!!!!

just a typical fabo member, the dude is awesome...........thanks brock!!!!

for those of you that were wondering about the deer, they sent out a county sheriff, and he put the deer down........bum deal man.
higgs

That was a great read! I would've done the same thing as he did...well back when I had more than 1 set of wheels anyway. Hats off of to Brock!

yep, what an awesome dude, the world would be a better place if there were more people like him around, i wanted everyone to know what kind of character this fabo member has........and he loves mopars!!!!!
higgs

Good story ....Great friend !! I thought it was going to be another FABO member done did somebody wrong song.....but it was just the opposite.

Damn higgs that sucks! Sorry to hear about the dakota, at least you didn't get hurt. Sounds like he is an upstanding dude. Nice to have friends like him. Maybe one day when I make it back up that way we can all get together for a beer or two!

:thumbup:.....Outstanding story of FABO members helping each other out. Really sorry to hear about your truck & the deer. That wasn't fun on either account.....

I'll never forget your help either on that cold rainy night :smile:

Congrats on the new truck & thanks for posting about another FABO hero.

if you hit a deer are you allowed to take it home and cook it ....I bet that would be a great dinner .....that would be a shame to waste ....if it were me I would have taken it home and cooked it up for dinner if that is allowed without getting in trouble.

sorry to hear about your truck but glad you are ok....the main thing is that you are ok ....we can fix trucks and cars and eat deer all day but we cant fix wrecked FABO members. be careful out there.

I believe in Idaho the law has been changed. Used to be you could not keep them, I guess now you apply for .............believe it or not LOL "a salvage permit."

You MUST report it as an accident if possible.

Used to be a joke up here "you could always tell a Montana "rig" because the front end was all beat to sh##

When I used to a lot of night driving up in these parts, and this was years and years ago before traffic got so bad, I used 4537's. Those are landing lights, and you can SEEEEEEEEE with 'em.

GE_4537.jpg

Glad it worked out for you and nobody got hurt, great story, warms the heart :D

Higgs is a good guy, I know he had lots of good "karma" coming his way for a big generous favor he did here in the past, glad to see some of it came his way :glasses7:

Leave it to Brock, great guy indeed. One of the truly good guys out there.

Thank you higgs for the great write-up and the rest of you guy's for chiming in! Brian bought a new radiator and we got his truck up and running today. We took some pictures so ya'll could see the destruction a little deer can do!

Attachments

• IMGP1120.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 150
  • IMGP1121.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 144
  • IMGP1122.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 147
  • IMGP1123.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMGP1124.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 135
  • IMGP1125.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMGP1126.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 139
  • IMGP1127.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 143
  • IMGP1128.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 149
  • IMGP1129.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 156
Have met Brock a couple of times. He is a retired Firefighter, that alone make him a GOOD GUY. I think he out did him self this time.

Damn higgs that sucks! Sorry to hear about the dakota, at least you didn't get hurt. Sounds like he is an upstanding dude. Nice to have friends like him. Maybe one day when I make it back up that way we can all get together for a beer or two!

pm me next time your coming dennis, we'll get together, it would be good to see you!!

Leave it to Brock, great guy indeed. One of the truly good guys out there.

couldn't agree more dave........x2............

Thank you higgs for the great write-up and the rest of you guy's for chiming in! Brian bought a new radiator and we got his truck up and running today. We took some pictures so ya'll could see the destruction a little deer can do!

thanks again, dude, the truck ran flawlessly all the way home.......kewl!!!!
higgs

-
Back