Cable/Net bill came today - $29.00 higher ... Maybe i just don't get it?

-
cable tv sucks im still paying for the same $hit i payed to watch 3 to 5 years ago with all the re runs and so called reallity even the history channel and discovery is going to **** with that crap .

We are dropping our satellite as soon as our contract ends.. Going to go with a Netflix subscription or a Roku box.. We are tired of paying the high cost to watch TV, and only watch maybe a dozen channels.

We've used Netflix/Apple TV for about 2 years now, the only time I miss cable is for sports, but I'll just go to a bar or friends if necessary.

He has some good points, but some strong language...

[ame]https://youtu.be/vQ_YYxay5R4[/ame]

Do as Rani says, call to cancel and get the to "convince" you to stay. Also buy your own modem, it'll pay for itself in less than a year.

Thanks everyone. I spent a few hours today trying to "edgamacate" myself to all these new fangled streaming options. Not sure what the final outcome will be, but the "Sling TV" actually peaked my interest, together with a possible antenna for the networks. Once I get my ducks in a row, i'll hammer TW for a huge discount just to see if I can buy another year at a reasonable rate. If not, I'm out. :)

Thanks again for your input guys. I'll let you know how things work out...

https://www.sling.com/?AID=12167793&PID=7633730&cvosrc=affiliate.cj.7633730&adid=12167793

I am in a backwoods perspective part of the country that has the last affects of inflation.
Home prices are cheaper, basic cable tv is 60 bucks and basic cable internet is 26 dollars.

i pay 26 bucks

too bad we cannot pay for what we want and remove the rest.

used to be i would pay for discovery and history channels, not anymore

i love public television

You're on TWC and you aren't getting this deal for internet??
I pay $14.99 a month, went to MicroCenter and bought a cable modem for $60 and don't pay rental. Works great!
Now, I'm not telling you what to do, but.................
Hypothetically:
once they have the cable modem hooked up, and say you put a splitter at the modem with a small jumper going to the modem and the other cable, oh, say going to maybe your T.V., you may or may not have basic cable for no additional charge. Hypothetically!

I haven't had TV since I moved from my folks house when I was 18. I miss chilling out after work winding down before bed. But at the price they want for it, I will just get on my phone and read about the stuff all of the members here do lol. I will say though, that Netflix is a decent option. For about a year I had Netflix and it was only 9.99 a month. Not bad for an alternative. I don't watch a lot of TV anyway. The news is depressing, and the cartoons are garbage nowadays. Lol

Do as Rani says, call to cancel and get the to "convince" you to stay. Also buy your own modem, it'll pay for itself in less than a year.

I tried to buy my own modem, but after spending $180 on one, it wouldn't work with their system, so they gave to let me use theirs and waived monthly charge, then I returned the modem...

win-win....

I haven't had an Antenna, Cable or Satellite for years and don't miss it one bit. I check the news online in the morning and off to work. When I get home I play sports with my kids, work in my garden, or work in the garage on one of my cars.

I got fed up years ago with my satellite bill and found myself sitting in front of the TV like a zombie for hours. Like I said earlier, I don't miss it at all.

-
Back