California Flash

-
I really like the grey(silver) carpet. What a nice contrast!

I do too!
And now you've got me thinking about using it in my '69 Dart build (Viper Red exterior with black bucket seats, door panels, interior door paint and headliner).

they are...car come with a bench and I scored these from a friend in Florida, bought the covers for the rear to match while waiting for the free ride to Ohio which was delayed due to the (cough / cough) Covid. Once they showed up I decided to put new covers on them but had already bought the rears, otherwise I would have covered them in 72 trim.

starting to look like a Flash

20210122_094135.jpg

20210122_093552.jpg

20210122_093508.jpg

Last edited:
I find it amazing how well the sheet metal can fit on these 50 year old cars. A good outcome is easily obtainable by spending a little time (which was not done on the factory line) and simply using what the factory supplied for adjustments. The only modification on this Duster is slotting the front bumper brackets an extra inch to move and space the brackets to tuck the bumper closer to the body. I can understand why the factory did not want the bumper as close as I like....it would be too easy to scratch the fresh paint when the line guys threw it on.

Last edited:
Denny, I love your attention to Detail! Second to none, and just the right amount of custom touches.

Thanks, sometimes less...done right, is more. At least that is what I tell my wife.

I swear that looks more pink than red.

Subscribed! Another awesome build, Denny!
From the pix (K frame installed) it appears you are dropping the 408 in rather than raise it up from the bottom with the K, right?

Last edited:
Subscribed! Another awesome build, Denny!
From the pix (K frame installed) it appears you are dropping the 408 in rather than raise it up from the bottom with the K, right?

Thanks, the 408 will go in from the bottom. I plugged in the K / LCA to figure out which OEM spindles would work best.

Capt....you gotta know, I will change / modify the OEM stuff. I bought a set of Bergman Auto Craft Delrin LCA bushings and will modify the bushings (just take a tad off the nose), fab or modify the LCA pivot shafts, and similar to what was done to Butch's B/MP Duster, modify the LCAs to move the LCA's forward appx 5/8". I want the hub inward as far as possible (using the small early spindle), centered in the wheel opening, 5 to 6 degrees of caster, fluid motion / no binding. I will also make a new set of shortened OEM looking strut rods and new OEM looking anti-sway K-frame brackets to accommodate the 5/8 forward sway bar. Gotta keep it all looking...."factory".

not all my ideas....I just noticed similar mods when I restored this car

20180812_092028.jpg

Last edited:
more stuff. don't mind the early HDK, just using it to hold a LCA while I work on sumthin'

20210211_154041.jpg

not fond of the orange outline....instruments with the bezel were in the Duster when I bought it. Originally it also had a white outline too. Likely to be sidelined for a more subtle look. IMO....it already has enough orange / California Flash poppy red.

20210211_153927.jpg

20210211_153922.jpg

Very nice! Question, do you plan on using an OEM air Conditioner and the OEM controls with vacuum switches like I see on the hump in that picture?
Thanks, Steve

yes. identical to the set-up as my silver Hemi-Duster. Sandin compressor (HDK mounts), new drier, OEM condenser, OEM vacuum canister / controls.

-
Back