Calling all 60-2 Valiant and Lancer owners, info needed

-
My buddy/neighbor has a 60 Valiant wagon.....toad. I’d love to have it but it’s not for sale

My buddy/neighbor has a 60 Valiant wagon.....toad. I’d love to have it but it’s not for sale
The wagons are cool but the ones ive seen go for a good price! Just got in from the 34 degree garäge fitting a 63 tank in my 62.

There is a 62 Valiant Wagon Trade Thread going on now. Search for Valiant Station Wagon.

The Toad has taken 3 trophies in local car shows.

All three were awarded by the people that hosted the show and knew little to nothing about cars.

I found that strangely reassuring. :)
lancer award2.jpg

Like the detail in the engine compartment. all that and a/c too! did you have the decal made?

Needs a valve cover and air cleaner but it only has 27,000 miles. Just dropped it in.

IMG_20181129_180443837.jpg

Hoping to get the attention of all guys hat own or have owned and/or WORKED on these wonders. Just would like to acquire contact with those, so as to have info available to all of us working on these wonders! Yes we a are a small but proud group!!

Her is my first question. No doubt, no one repops a package tray, shelf is 2 levels, and I riped out the outdoor carpet that a PO had installed! Any ideas that make sense???

Sense these cars are not worth a lot ( ha), I like to keep things looking good at a low cost when possible! Thanks to all.
Just bought a 62 valiant

Running, driving nice! Mine came in boxes and bags. Enjoy it!!

Sounds like a great project! Any plans for it?
I just want to have fun driving it and fixing it up with the kids. I grew up in a body shop and am a mechanic so I can do almost anything it needs. Financially, I'm on a tight budget. I'd like to make it a clean driver eventually, but have thought about doing custom body work if I can't find or afford good original parts. I may remove the trim and fill the holes. Fabricate custom tail light trim, stainless speaker grille for dash speaker

Cool project. I have too admit I hate putting in headliners and not going to pay it done so I just clean the roof and spray it with coat of heavy enamel and then undercoating!!!!! I am a not fancy guy!

Does anyone recognize this as vent tube for 62 Lancer?

IMG_20190223_125240027.jpg

IMG_20190223_125259972.jpg

So....I don't want to invest $1000 into getting the trim I need. Though I really like the look. I'm thinking about removing the trim from the sides and selling what left that's good. I'll either fill the holes and paint the original trim line or Fab my own trim. Thoughts?

-
Back