caltrac bars

-

o1heavy

1974 dart sport
Reaction score
gonna give them a try 60's are 1.80's with slapper bars and stock springs
guess we will see

Slapper bars are not a mopar product. You will see an improvement for sure.

best so far is a 12:21 @109mph not sticking as it should its not really blowing the tires off
hoping to dead hook and get her into the low low 12s

best so far is a 12:21 @109mph not sticking as it should its not really blowing the tires off
hoping to dead hook and get her into the low low 12s

Same ET as my car ran last year, 12.20 @ 110. 1.75 60 ft. Caltracs, split monos, Ranchos the whole deal.

Not sure what not really blowing the tires off means.
But my trainer car use to go 12.21@ 108-09 mph 60 ft 1.75-1.80
Not slipping off the line with stock 440 with the usual add on.
Schumacher headers. Eldelbrock Perf intake.Holley carb.Mopar .528 cam
SS springs.3.91 8 1/4 rear with 3.91 gears.
727 trans.

Kids all trained so I turned the car into a street car.
Like you I added all the Caltracs suspension.

3.55 gears.

Added 512 engine.

The car went 10.10
135 mph.
1.42 60 ft after setting up the rear end.
Running on Houser QT Pro's.

Not every time at the strip would it do this.
The track prep would have a lot to do with it.
it takes knowing your car and reading the track prep.

The other option would be to put a large tire on your car and lots of hp.

Here's lots of hp large tire and the car hooking.
My race car with to much launch rpm.

With just a lower launch chip the wheels only came up 24 inchs.

It's means not spinning the tires real bad I guess mines tuned up pretty decent as my 60 foot and et are pretty close to both of yours

Keep working on it. Money would be better spent on shocks. Calvert 90/10 and there single adj. Rears and the 002/003 springs. I've done 1.8 60' at 12.9 1.59 with a 12.01 and 1.34 @ 10.36 with only SS springs and shocks. Work the entire car guys. Make everything loose then tighten up the rear single adjustables and limit the front travel as needed. Hope this helps. Also I only run drag radials

Got them on and set the baseline adjustment headed to the track for test and tune this Saturday. And yes I plan on limiting the front to 5 inches this week if time permits

you can work with what you have, i went 12.65 with 1.68 60' at 3500lb with stock leafs clamped, and a pinion snubber

got to looking at the front and seams a little stiff even with the 90/10 shocks
gonna try and stay away from the little torsion bars as they suck for street driving hoping maybe the qa1 stuff will loosen up a tad

Tight rubber bushings are probably more of a problem then the shocks. Calvert shocks are very loose according to the 3 sets I've done.

Was thinking of putting Caltracs on but, my duster already 60's in the low 1.40's with my 416 mid 1.60's with the 360..with nothing more the cheap Summit drag shocks front/rear and a pinion snubber:D:D

Send them back and get smithracecraft assassin bars. They dont bend the front of the leaf like caltrucks have done for years.

Yeah kinda thinking I could have a little with what I had instead of jumping into the caltracs

Send them back and get smithracecraft assassin bars. They dont bend the front of the leaf like caltrucks have done for years.

A 12 second car won't bend the springs. C'mon man.

I've guys run for years in the 8's on Cal Tracks and never bent the spring.

If the car is REAL heavy (3800lbs plus) and VERY fast (in the 8's) I would worry about bent springs.

Now, if you think adjustability is what you need the Smith bars have more of that.

If your 60 ft is in the 1.80's and you are running in the 12's you probably are not having traction problems. If you are not spinning ,caltracs will not help you go faster.

before the caltracs the car was spinning the tires slightly hoping to get the car to dead hook should know something this weekend

11.98 @112 still not totally adjusted correctly but getting there ran out of time
60 foot 1.70 also did a little carb which helped with the mph this bad boy was cooking

11.98 @112 still not totally adjusted correctly but getting there ran out of time
60 foot 1.70 also did a little carb which helped with the mph this bad boy was cooking

Good job, .4 is a lot.

Which hole did you put the front bar in?

bottom hole man alive I had a blast today bonus got to take a chibby friend to school with his aluminum headed 408 67 truck

-
Back