Calvert split mono leafs

-

MoparMcK

Reaction score
I am looking at making the switch to CalTracs for my 72 Demon. I currently have a 3" inboard kit, super stock springs, 28-10.5 hoosier slicks. I see Calvert offers different split mono leaf ride heights. Can anyone provide pictures of your setup with info of what spring ride height you went with, tire size and so on? I like my ride height where it is but wouldn't mind entertaining the idea of maybe an inch lower. I am not sure what the super stock springs did for my ride height either. I know it sits slightly higher than the springs I removed but I do not know how old those were. Thanks for the help!

IMG_4613.jpg

Last edited:
I have -1" on my Challenger but I didn't want the jacked up look with 315 Drag Radials (30" Tall) or 29.5x10.5W slicks.

photo0(1).jpeg

123_1(1) (1).jpeg

I thought they only offer standard and low profile, also one for 3” inboard spring relocate. Low profile only means that there is extra ground clearance between the bars and the ground which is more suited to street use. Standard which will run more parallel to the spring are close to the ground and would be more suited to all drag or track use. I’ve heard standard perform better in terms of better traction.
Because you have 3" inboard spring relocate I think you only have one choice of bar, the standard one designed for inboard mounting.
I’ve heard all of them are noisy

I thought they only offer standard and low profile, also one for 3” inboard spring relocate. Low profile only means that there is extra ground clearance between the bars and the ground which is more suited to street use. Standard which will run more parallel to the spring are close to the ground and would be more suited to all drag or track use. I’ve heard standard perform better in terms of better traction.
Because you have 3" inboard spring relocate I think you only have one choice of bar, the standard one designed for inboard mounting.
I’ve heard all of them are noisy
My apologies. I meant the split mono leafs. So use to just referring to the whole setup as caltracs. I have edited the post.

Standard height Calvert split mono leafs, inboarded springs set at 1” lowered and sliders. 29” tall tire

IMG_7428.jpeg

IMG_7435.jpeg

IMG_2302.jpeg

My CalTracs and split mono springs came with the avatar roller when I bought it. So I cannot tell you which springs they are. But here it is with the 28/10.5W-15 bias slicks on it:
IMG_1944.jpg

I think that pic is before any start to the burnout. I would say if I would order new, I would want to lower it about 1/2" as it would look better when I have the street tires on it (P295/55R15 MT ET Streets).

Another pic - this at Gainesville:
20240127_121644.jpg

I can tell you this combo dead hooks. The only time there might be an issue is if someone dropped water at the line. Best of 11.10 @ 119+ (footbrake, 5000 stall TC). Typical 60' time of 1.52 (but it has gone 1.49 once!). As for noise, yes, if you're on a rough road and have them set close or almost no clearance, you'll hear them hit. But in a car like this, it's just part of the aura of the car. It's a "who cares!" I don't generally drive this on rough roads given the skinnies up front!

My CalTracs and split mono springs came with the avatar roller when I bought it. So I cannot tell you which springs they are. But here it is with the 28/10.5W-15 bias slicks on it:
View attachment 1716219690
I think that pic is before any start to the burnout. I would say if I would order new, I would want to lower it about 1/2" as it would look better when I have the street tires on it (P295/55R15 MT ET Streets).

View attachment 1716219707

I can tell you this combo dead hooks. The only time there might be an issue is if someone dropped water at the line. Best of 11.10 @ 119+ (footbrake, 5000 stall TC). Typical 60' time of 1.52 (but it has gone 1.49 once!). As for noise, yes, if you're on a rough road and have them set close or almost no clearance, you'll hear them hit. But in a car like this, it's just part of the aura of the car. It's a "who cares!" I don't generally drive this on rough roads given the skinnies up front!
Thanks. I have only made 5/6 passes with the Hoosiers on. 512 low deck with a 4 speed and 3.91s ran best 60" of 1.67 and 12.12@113. Super stock springs, old Comp Eng. shocks, launching @ 4k rpm, shifting at 5600. Can't wait for this season to truly see how it does. Only ever ran Nitto drag radials before. Those got me a 1.71 60' and low 12.20s. I am getting a Dana built for it also.

-1 split mono on 28” tire (275/60/15), gotta get the backspacing right. They’re stiff enough to prevent the tire from coming up into the wheelhouse when bouncing through the pits. Measure the inner width of your front hangers so they give you the right setup as they have a couple available since a couple of the in-board kits have different widths (what I was told be them when I ordered for the in-board kit I’m doing):
1710118038801.jpeg

Thanks. I have only made 5/6 passes with the Hoosiers on. 512 low deck with a 4 speed and 3.91s ran best 60" of 1.67 and 12.12@113. Super stock springs, old Comp Eng. shocks, launching @ 4k rpm, shifting at 5600. Can't wait for this season to truly see how it does. Only ever ran Nitto drag radials before. Those got me a 1.71 60' and low 12.20s. I am getting a Dana built for it also.
Whoa doggie....!! That's a TOTALLY different animal than mine. BBM and a 4-speed? 512 with a low deck means a long stroke and really big torque to try to hook up. I'd talk to John Calvert and get his input on what might work best. That will be one wild ride when you get it to hook! Good luck to you!

-1 split mono on 28” tire (275/60/15), gotta get the backspacing right. They’re stiff enough to prevent the tire from coming up into the wheelhouse when bouncing through the pits. Measure the inner width of your front hangers so they give you the right setup as they have a couple available since a couple of the in-board kits have different widths (what I was told be them when I ordered for the in-board kit I’m doing):
View attachment 1716219845
Great info. Thank you!

That's where I would want mine to sit. That looks really good!

People always say they are noisy. I drive mine all over on the street. However, I can't even here them over the exhaust....

-
Back