Can a 4 door Dart be a cool hot rod?

-
I like mine. The red car, most don't even notice the extra doors at the track. Yes the chute was a joke photoshop from a friend.

Attachments

• IMG_0182.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 407
  • Finish_line_PA06.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 367
Absolutely a 4 door can be a hot rod! Before purchasing my Scamp, I was close to buying a '72 Valiant but couldn't come to terms on a price.
My cousin is restoring a '67 Valiant Signet 4 door with more NOS parts than you could imagine - and it's a /6 225 car.

I picked up a 4 door Dart that has a 440 with dual quads and a 727 reverse valve body. I'm putting a 8 3/4 sure grip rear end with some decent tires so it can 'hook up". I'm thinking sleeper, or is it just stupid? Thanks for the feed back...

I had a chance to buy this '72 Valiant (California car; no rust) for $100.00. It had a 318, and a 904 in it.

Out came the 318 and in went a 360 Magnum to which I added a Vortech blower and a 750 double pumper. It's pretty much stock appearing, so I have a lot of fun on the streets... mid 11's at about 118.

Our other car is a '64 Valiant 4-door (I have a partner in this one) with a turbocharged slant six. If it runs like it should, it will make mince meat out of my '72 V8 car...

Talk's cheap; we'll see. soon...:prayer:

Attachments

• 100_3093-3.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 371
  • valleave1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 345
  • 100_3394-2.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 354
  • 100_3613.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 384
  • 100_3622.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 353
  • 100_3720.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 357
  • js640_100_3489-2.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 328
  • js640_IMG_0747[1].jpg
    125 KB · Views: 336
  • 100_3266.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 371
i think this says it all!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BczGjoE8-ps"]Turbo Plymouth Savoy Mopar 360 S475 11.06@123 - YouTube[/ame]

The original car that got me into the a-body mopar scene was a 1974 Dart Custom 4 door my friend in high school had. Just a mild 4 barrel 318, but man he beat the piss out of it! I actually like 4 doors, but I defiantly wont pay as much for them in the same circumstance.. Wagons are another story. :usa2:

Those are some great looking 4 doors. I am learning that any car tastefully restored or modified looks great.

The beauty of 4 doors is that you could probably get them for a song....

Those are some great looking 4 doors. I am learning that any car tastefully restored or modified looks great.

The beauty of 4 doors is that you could probably get them for a song....

You can get them cheap - and you can still find good solid cars to work with. My 4 door had virtually zero rust on it so the body work was really minimal. Allowed me to spend more on the drive train :burnout:

SDC11944.jpg

Four doors!?
Yes! So when I blow the doors off of your piece you can borrow the extra two!

I have seen some very nicely done four doors. Cool.

I'm with Stumper,(Love the 62 !) My dream was to turn this into a Max Wedge 4 door. Just about got all the parts to get it done.

Attachments

• IMG_0821.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 356
A couple years back I met an old fellow at one of the NC Mopar shows. He had a black 63', 4 door, 4 speed with the 426 Wedge in it. The first year I assumed it was a cloned car. This past year I spent some time with the fellow only to find out that he was one of the original Ramchargers team members and his car was full factory original. There apparently were some 4 door Max Wedge cars produced..

I have always been of the two door mind, but Stumper, Darter youz guys may have just changed my mind.

Heck yeah, its my plan too, i picked up the 360 i used the heads off of for the Ram Charger.

My plan is to build a stroker 360 or i have a line on a short block 383 that has flat tops already installed, and install it in my plain jane base model 68 Coronet 4 dr. Sleeper!!!!

Not only did you get blown away by a 4 dr b body, you got blown away by a 4 dr b body with a small block in it.

I tell you what, the back doors make it a whole lot easier to put chairs and coolers in the back seat :) I couldn't imagine trying to access the back seat with a roll cage in a two door car.

Before I gutted the interior and bolted the rear doors shut,when in the staging lanes waiting for a oil down cleanup or something,I'd go to the head only to find when I got back that all four doors would be open with a few guys sitting in it. What da ?? their reply was " It's eaiser than climing over the roll bars in our cars" .... !

-
Back