can a 6cyl bolt into a v8 car?

-

b.statham

Reaction score
hey I have a 76 scamp and a 74 scamp and im wondering if a straight 6 can be bolted right into a v8 car with all the same motor mounts and bolts?
just curious because my 318 seized. wondering if anyone has even tried this, because this may not even make sense???? thanks for your help!

K frame is different so no.

unless you change the K frame which is not that hard ....an hour job at the most ....but then you need to find a slanty K frame which also should not be hard.

also your V8 trans wont work with slanty ...in case you didn't know that

well i have a the trans and k frame from the whole car still but could i just change the k frame or would all the ball joints tie rods and torsion bars have to go to?

****just joined this site, its awesome thanks for the help!

well i have a the trans and k frame from the whole car still but could i just change the k frame or would all the ball joints tie rods and torsion bars have to go to?

torsion bars can stay ...the V8 ones are probably a little thicker than the slanty ones anyway ....it is possible to change the k frame without messing with any of the steering parts other than simply unbolting the steering gear box and idler arm from the k frame and suspending them and re bolting in the same place to new k frame.

i have a build thread somewhere with pics when i did this on a 69 dart ....i will have to hunt it down

pics....I didn't mess with the upper control arms ....they have adjusting cam bolts ...so if you loosen them ...you throw off the camber adjustment

Attachments

• CIMG0348.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 110
  • CIMG0349.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 106

Are 318s hard to find there? You can go a lot newer and it will fit without a problem.

-
Back