Can fiberglass bumpers be chromed?

-

69MOPE

Reaction score
Can fiberglass bumpers be chromed? I know plastic dash clusters are being plated.

There are ways to make a fiberglass bumper look like chrome. There are some paint systems that can be used. It's not a do-it-yourself deal though. You'll have to send it out. Another option is to have it vinyl wrapped. There was a post about this a month or so ago. Look for the video on YouTube. I think they wrapped a 55 Chevy bumper. It looked really good. I don't know how it holds up long term though.

Can fiberglass bumpers be chromed? I know plastic dash clusters are being plated.
wayne smothers out of oolagah used to do it when he lived over on hiway 20. but he said they changed some formula on him and it didn`t work for him anymore. may be some advancement since then tho.

wayne smothers out of oolagah used to do it when he lived over on hiway 20. but he said they changed some formula on him and it didn`t work for him anymore. may be some advancement since then tho.
This was in okla. a few yrs back-

I saw a video one time of a place that was spraying on a three coat deal. They all looked like they were just spraying water on it. But when the third coat went on it turned chrome. Super cool, something about a chemical reaction between the chemicals being sprayed changing the surface of the material so it can't chip. I'll see if I can find it again.

-
Back