can someone make me a list of all parts needed...

-

aarong5

Aaron Grimes
Reaction score
for a auto to manual swap....Im looking for a list of EVERYTHING even pedals and stuff

I would like to switch my car and I have the oppertunity to get a 4 speed tranny I just need to know what I am going to need to switch it...I posted something kinda like this in the general discussion without much help....also does anyone know the value of a console I have a spare of... it out of a 67 barracuda and has the floor hump cut out attached to it. has shifter handle and is complete

thanks for the help. and if you really know your stuff can you attach a expected price for each part.

i will give it a shot as i just pulled a manual trans and engine out of my duster.prices i cant comment on as they vary a bit. you will need; transmission, bellhousing,shifter,shifter linkage and rods,the shifter lever, Z bar and rods to your clutch,clutch pedal/brake pedal assembly, pressure plate and clutch disc, throwout bearing, flywheel,clutch release arm, im sure im forgetting something but maybe someone else will chime in. you will have to find out if your crank is drilled to accept a four speed as well.

okay so, there is a chance the motor wont work with a 4 speed? and the brake pedal needs to be changed? this sounds like it will be absolutly impossible to find all the parts needed. do they make these parts new?

Call Wayne at brewers, he will have every part you need.

Start shopping now for used parts, several members have parted cars out and will sell a complete unit or you can piece it together, it is not hard.

You will need the following.
Pilot bushing
Flywheel
flywheel bolts
clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, pressure plate bolts.
bellhousing.
clutch fork with correct pivot
transmission
driveshaft
correct shifter mount for year of car
shifter with all linkage
weld 4-speed hump in floor
clutch / brake petals
rod from clutch petal to z-bar
z-bar with all ball mounts bell/frame
Weld reinforcement plate for frame
adjustment linkage from z-bar to clutch fork.
rewire neutral safty switch.
Top it all off with shifter boot of your choice.

Have fun, it is actually pretty easy once you have all the parts.

okay so, there is a chance the motor wont work with a 4 speed? and the brake pedal needs to be changed? this sounds like it will be absolutly impossible to find all the parts needed. do they make these parts new?

If they did make all the parts new it would be so costly that you could buy a nice car already set up.

It'll depend on which engine/crank you're using. If it's a small block, just use the later Magnum pilot BEARING assy. instead of the earlier BUSHING. If it's a big block, some cranks weren't drilled deep enough for the input shaft on the transmission. If it isn't deep enough, it can be drilled by a good machinist, then use the same pilot bearing assy. as the small block.

its a crate 360 that I bought from mancini racing (or so I was told) the guy that fixed my car for me is in jail for stealing peoples parts and pretty much doing a terrible job... if i got what I paid for, the crank should be ok for a 4 speed right?

Most people charge money for estimates like you are asking for.

Too bad you are not near PA I would sell you a pair of 73-75 dusters one has the hump and pedals and some other parts

its a crate 360 that I bought from mancini racing (or so I was told) the guy that fixed my car for me is in jail for stealing peoples parts and pretty much doing a terrible job... if i got what I paid for, the crank should be ok for a 4 speed right?
Yes, with the correct 360 balanced flywheel.

-
Back