Cannot align A833 into bell housing!!!!

-
If foggy memory serves me right, the mounting bolts for the tranny to the bell housing are 7/16-14 UNC, get 2 or 3 long bolts, cut the heads off and use them as alignment dowels, plus they will carry some of the weight of the tranny.
Great idea!

I do this when installing a trans. It works great. I use a couple pieces of all thread instead of bolts.

Keeping the pressure plate loose enough that the disc can move with a little effort helps as well.

It was that old bushing remainder that was the problem! Removed it and boom! Like a glove!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 221
Good on ya. Another little trick I used to use, installing a 4 speed, is to put it into reverse and any forward gear. This locks the input shaft to the case, so when you wiggle the case, you can easily engage the splines. When you get it "in" then pull out of gear and just rotate the case a little.

Right. The pilot bushing and pilot bearing are two different animals that do the same job. Just like dustya_383 said. You use one or the other not both. Since you have the pilot bearing installed in the back of the crank, slip the bushing off the input shaft and throw it as far as possible. Then assemble it with just the pilot bearing. It should go together then.

"Throw it as far as possible". That's funny Rob!

-
Back