Can't buy new master cylinder

-

moparker

Reaction score
My master cylinder on my 71 Duster 340 is leaking. Inner seal problem I think. Anyway I called Napa. Can't get it. Not available. Tried Autozone just to see if they might have one, Same thing. Wtf? I can have mine rebuilt I know but, I can't understand why they can't get them anymore.

really? the parts store i worked at had one for a 70 dart in stock, with a bunch more at the wharehouse. im assuming its the same.

Freed has gotten parts for my '72 Duster that I couldn't find any place else. They've really gone out of their way to help me. They got me a master cylinder for my '72 Duster 340 a while back. I'm very sure that they will ship parts.

INFORMATION:
Freed Auto Parts Sales
19743 Sherman Way
Canoga Park, CA 91306
818 998-0976

EDIT: Someone here may know the part number for the MOPAR late model master cylinder that you can use in place of the vacuum assisted one that came on my 72. This one will replace the vacuum assisted unit.

the disc drum masters are starting to go out of production... we started stocking up at work becasue we to went looking for them and ended up calling a manufacture... they are phasing them out slowly but surely as the demand is so low...

gonna be another Year one A** rapin...

ive spent countless hours over the last couple years trying to hunt down a brake booster and master cylinder for my 72 duster. HAHAHA yeah right...good luck on that one. not advanceauto , not autozone , not napa, not o'rieleys or any other local places had one in stock or available to order. even tried online and they are unavailable. and they may say special order or whatever. when you go to complete the checkout I found that right before your payment processes it then throws up a new screen that says unavailable ( I tried buying them a few times when i got excited after seeing they were "available for special order" lol...so I looked into it and it appeared the A1 cardone (the main remanufacturer) discontinued them. I have found them a few other places new online but they are quite a bit more expensive than what they would be from the parts store for a reman plus the deduction of a core.

however I was able to find a new master cylinder at my local advance auto....just not the booster.

you can also try looking up different years and models that would be similar ( 70-76 dusters,demons,darts,dart sports,scamps,valiant ect....ect... share the same or similar equipment over the years)....hope that helps

All I need is the master cylinder for a manual drum brake car.

-
Back