Can't have a Mopar?

-
Thats a cool ride! It looks like a Hemi with twin side draft SU or Stromberg carbs. I'd take that dart any day.

yeah, its got a hemi. but the daimler was (imho) butt ugly. the facel vega is as sexy a euro car as they come though, and its also running a hemi.

No particular order:

70 SS Vert Chevelle LS6,
67-68 vert firebird,
55 Nomad,
70 Javelin,
63 vert falcon

Well without that authentic Mopar rumble blasting out the pipes I feel pretty nutless, and by sliding behind the wheel of another "lesser" brand I also get that guilty feeling like you get when cheating on a girlfriend/wife (not that I've done it!) So to play it safe while not being able to own a primo Chrysler product I'd take one of those ground pounding Toyota Prius's. No power, no torque, no American name to back itself; completly and utterly nutless, which is what I would be without my Mopar!

74 javelin
68_1.jpg

This is the exact car i grew up riding in. same color and everything.
My dad was forced to sell it before i got my license. it had a 360 727 8 3/4. I will never forget hearing my mom say "He will never drive that car" Two weeks after he sold it my dad bought me my 69 dodge dart 318 904 7 1/4. Guess what drive train it has now hahahahahahahahaha

1957 chevy hands down, the willys gasser is a second choice, but a '57 chevy 150 post with a small block 4 speed black plain jane nothing but all out go and to hell with the show! must have a dana 60 and the pro streeted look! love the '55 gasser though!
I still might do it one of these days!:evil4:
lol.
Tom.

Forget a H.A.M.B. built 29-37 Ford or a Goodguys tri-five, a Willys gasser would be cool but I would rather have a bone stock Henry J

I want anything that has been built by, touched, breathed on, farted on or driven by Gene Winfield!!! If I had to pick someone to be my hero it would be him. I met him at the Seattle rod and custom show a few years ago and we spent about 45 mins just bullshitting about cars and making fun of a "gold chainers" 57 dime a dozen chevy and how there was nothing original about it He is one of the coolest real car guys out there.

Some of his cars I would love to have would be Lanny Ericsons 56 Chevy (April 1960 Custom Rodder cover car), the Jade Idol, the Solar Scene Merc, Dennis Reineros 56 Olds (Feb 61 Custom Rodder cover car), and of course the Rod & Custom "Dream Truck"!

Solarscene.jpg

56MercJadeIdol.jpg

9ZRJTQ78.jpg

God!
2371567536_b314d9ae39.jpg

1957 chevy hands down, the willys gasser is a second choice, but a '57 chevy 150 post with a small block 4 speed black plain jane nothing but all out go and to hell with the show! must have a dana 60 and the pro streeted look! love the '55 gasser though!
I still might do it one of these days!:evil4:
lol.
Tom.
How about a 210 post, with a small block 4 speed black plain jane nothing but all out go and to hell with the show- except a stock posi rear.
Got it when I was 15, basket case as my neighbor was using it for parts.
Had to sell it after 15+ years.

DSC03886.JPG

DSC03887.JPG

DSC03891.JPG

DSC03892.JPG

For me: American Motors AMX or '54 Studebaker Commander. Like Mopars, they're unique. As 1969GTS put it, everybody else has a Ford or Chevy.

64 and 65 Comets Caliente are great. 64 and 65 Falcons.

How about a 210 post, with a small block 4 speed black plain jane nothing but all out go and to hell with the show- except a stock posi rear.
Got it when I was 15, basket case as my neighbor was using it for parts.
Had to sell it after 15+ years.

Yeah, that's what i'm talking about!
Sorry to hear about you selling it, a '57 chevy was my first car love when i was 14. I could never find one that i could afford in good enough condition, i still can't! lol :toothy10:

Forget a H.A.M.B. built 29-37 Ford or a Goodguys tri-five, a Willys gasser would be cool but I would rather have a bone stock Henry J

I want anything that has been built by, touched, breathed on, farted on or driven by Gene Winfield!!! If I had to pick someone to be my hero it would be him. I met him at the Seattle rod and custom show a few years ago and we spent about 45 mins just bullshitting about cars and making fun of a "gold chainers" 57 dime a dozen chevy and how there was nothing original about it He is one of the coolest real car guys out there.

Some of his cars I would love to have would be Lanny Ericsons 56 Chevy (April 1960 Custom Rodder cover car), the Jade Idol, the Solar Scene Merc, Dennis Reineros 56 Olds (Feb 61 Custom Rodder cover car), and of course the Rod & Custom "Dream Truck"!

Solarscene.jpg

56MercJadeIdol.jpg

9ZRJTQ78.jpg

God!
2371567536_b314d9ae39.jpg

Whoa,the "jade idol" i know the guy thats owns that car,that is one "bad" ride..

If i had to pick It would be the newer stangs

04 mustang
87-89 mustang fox body

Those are the best years imo

What else could mine be but a 55 Chevy 2 door sedan. ;) Big Block, 6 speed, nice two tone paint but not to nice to worry about driving the hell out of it.

Others that come to mind.

69 Chevelle SS396/L-78 300 Deluxe two door post, 4 speed of course.

68 Beaumont SD396/4 spd 2 door HT.

65 Buick Riviera in black if you please.

65 GTO 2 door post with 389 Tri-power and a 4 spd.

70 Olds Cutlass W-31 two door post with a 4 spd.

66 Fairlane 2 door HT with the 427 4 spd.

68 Cougar XR-7 with a 390 auto and all the bells and whistles.

64 Galaxie 2 door HT with a 427 dual 4's and a 4 spd.

And last, from AMC.

70 AMX with the 390 go package and a 4 spd of course. (you guys seeing a trend here? :D

71 Hornet SC with a 360 4 spd and some short gears in it. I had a pretty quick 69 Chevelle back in the early 80's (mid 13's 1/4 mile car) and a buddy was building the Hornet I described. I was on some 4 lane just heading out of the city (30 MPH zone) in the summer when Randy pulled up beside me at about the speed limit. We talked trash for a few seconds, the only line I still remember saying to him was "you finally got that POS Rambler on the road". Well, we both hit from about 30 and he left me in the dust til I hit about 100 MPH. I had 3:08 gears and he had 5:13's (or somewhere close to that). I was very impressed with that little car and how quick it was. A Gremlin with a trunk. LOL

For the most part as you can tell, I like post cars with standard tranny's but some of the cars on my list just look so much better in their hard top form but not many in my mind. ;)

My dad is from New Zealand, so I would want these KIWI and Aussie cars

76 HOLDEN LX SS Torana

Valianr Charger R/T.....If I could, had to show you guys this one, I know its a mopar, but its so small and light and awesome

My list would be as follows
1957 Chevy sedan delivery or nomad
1965 Ford falcon 2dr hardtop
1966 to 1970 chevy nova
1965 to 1968 mustang fastback
M3 BMW for a daily driver

-
Back