Can't seem to get motivated

-

MB43

Reaction score
Pretty much all I need to do is put the heads and intake on the engine. But I can't seem to get myself motivated to get it done this year... my neighbor has built a brand new motor and has gone out to the track 4 or 5 times already but my car is still sitting in the same place in the garage as it was last year.

Dunno what it is... lack of money? Dreading the long drives to Jersey? I just can't seem to get going.

What do you do when you get the "don't feel like working on the car blues"?

I usually either go fishing or come to FABO. Lol.:-D

Take a break and find something else to do for a bit before you get too burned out. You will come back to it soon enough. Don't make it feel like work.

Yeah, the problem is I took a break about a year ago and haven't gotten back to it. Maybe next weekend.... ;-)

I call up my care nut bud and he comes over and drags me out there kickin and screaming until I start working or he'll start shouting he id all the work to everyone..

Now I have electrical issues and it's knocking my brains out, one after another, like dominos falling down.

I usually have to put the beer down and not got to the bar after work.... donot sit on the couch when you get home not even for a minute ...go directly to the garage and turn the phone off........oh yea a big french vanilla iced coffe from dunky donuts helps too....good brain freeze.....you can do it....now get off the compute and get you azz out their LOL....don;t you want to kick your neighbors but on the track

Give me a call, you can come over and help me with my problem.....
I could come over and bolt some heads on for ya. Cake walk right? Of course it is.

I haven,t been to the track racing,but went to watch lastnite.I think it lit a fire under my ***,cause I,m gonna load up for next weekend and make some passes for fun!I,m registered for Pinks Allout up here the first weekend of June.I,d better get my *** in gear!Once you get wrenching,you won,t want to stop!Get er done!!

I mentally visit what I need to do with my car early in the day while I'm at work or doing other chores. I don't dwell on it, just occasionally remind myself what I need to do.
I'll check out FABO. I'll go to www.jaylenosgarage.com I'll watch a recorded "My Classic Car" or find something on Speed Channel to help push me.
I think "baby steps". So what if I only put in an hour on my car tonight, if I do that three times this week, I've put in three hours!
But when I get in my garage, put on some tunes, and roll up my sleeves, I find the time passes by pretty fast, I find a rhythm and I feel good that I've accomplished something.

-
Back