Car Accident = car gone

-
I was in an accident 15 years ago(as the passenger) I felt okay right after the hit, but as the days went by, my neck and shoulder got more and more sore. Long story short 1week off work, 6wks physio, my insurance settled with me 6 months later for $2500. I thought that was pretty good. However my neck STILL bugs me from time to time... no amount of money is a fair trade for good health. I'd think closely about your physical well being 1st... besides a personal injury claim might more than replace your ride.

Well I have a meeting tommorow with a lawyer and after a check up I am doing a ok. it just sucks I spent 2 years doing all this work to have it gone in a matter of seconds. It's really depressing to drive it too... :(

Do your self a favor and quit talking about it over the internet, the insurance company can use this thread against you.

My 2 cents. You don't NEED a lawyer at this point. Make no statements other than I was stopped and rear ended, I'm injured. Don't let them record ANYTHING.

I got news for you. If the person has say 15K of PI insurance, you won't get far with that amount if an attorney is skimming 30-40% off the top.

I usually make a comment like... I'd hate to have to get an attorney involved.

And yes stop posting about the incident.

I got a Cat scan and an MRI and all I have is some swelling all over. I have a talk with a lawyer Friday, and I started to pull up all my recipts (so far $2500 in parts over 2 years) and started to try to find a car like mine, but there's not many 318 4 door valiants W A/C for sale

I hate to hear about this, but I thought I would throw in that I have one for sale in the forum, just no air.

Hope things work out fore the best.

Amen to Haggerty. They are the best. I have had two claims over the years with them and there was NO hassle what so ever. Find some comps. and start a paper trail if your insurance is being difficult.

2 cents

...I started to pull up all my recipts (so far $2500 in parts over 2 years) and started to try to find a car like mine, but there's not many 318 4 door valiants W A/C for sale

Mine's not for sale either, but I wouldn't take $500 for it. It would sit for years.

66Cuda001.jpg

car insurance company will jack you around especially around the holidays i just totaled a pathfinder not to long ago state farm offered me 21hundred for a 36hundred dollar car... and 1000 in pain and suffering to settle even tho my er bills are at like 5-6thousand so i just got a lawyer letting him handle it..

Sorry about your car, just my 2 cents with out classic car insurance your in for a fight and even if you win a lawyer will skim off the top layer and you'll end up with very little and it could take years. If and when i do have a daily driver classic i'm prepaired for the risks of somebody hitting it and taking a loss,to you that car is worth thousands to the insurance company it's a 1970 4 door worth 500 bucks they don't care if it was a shelby mustang if you got regular insurance it's just a mustang.

Which company is screwing you? It might help others make decisions later.

I have mine covered with American Collectors. I had it insured for an appraised value a few years ago before I added the stroker motor. I assume it would be replaced for that amount if something like this would happen but to be honest I am not sure.

well I got it settled for $1800 and keep the car. unfortunutly I have nowhere to store her besides the street. I might try to sell it just 'cause I have nowhere to put her.

Why sell? Seems like you could get a lot done towards fixing it for 1800 clams.

The insurance company will give you more. Did you let them take the car? They will give better money for it and let you keep your car. I was a Body shop manager for 4 years. You may have to get a lawyer.

no I still have the car. I live with my parents and they're forcing me to sell the car due to nowhere to store the car. I'll put it up for sale this weekend on the forum for a decent price.

They basically gave you 2K for the car with a 10% buyback. IMO, you can do MUCH better! Probably 1/2 actual value before the accident.

You don't have to accept anything at this point.

Damb Chris that sucks! I have seen his car in person and it was worth a lot more than they gave him for it. Is the car still driveable?

You guys have to be joking.

I haven't seen the OP's car, and I'm not bagging on his car. But, I just sold a '71 Valiant that was a very solid southern car, with a bunch of new parts...I mean a BUNCH, and I could barely get $1300 for it.

So, if he got $1800 for it he made out like a bandit because you guys know good and well that most people on this forum and in real life wouldn't give that for a Valiant, especially a WRECKED ONE. It's only the guys that like four doors that buy them, myself included.

The rest of the time it's, "oh that would be a good parts car for my Dart Sport/ Duster/ Scamp/ Swinger/GTS"

So, please stop making the guy think that he missed a goldmine...he didn't. It's a bunch of rose-tinted comments. If it was worth so much then somebody step up and offer him more than that for it.

The line starts here:

Tyler W, not flaming you here, but isn't this why we pay insurance premiums, so that when we are minding our own business and someone rams us, we can fix or replace our car? I don't think it's the same as just selling a wrecked car....

I think he did fine, here in Michigan with no collision insurance the max you can collect is $500/ I got it cause some lady pulled out in front of my car and I ran in to her little Sunbird. Lucky I was able to pull out the front bumper.

Now as for suing for injuries, its not as easy as in the past. Laws have been changed to favor the insurance companies. It can be very hard to sue unless you are really mess up and even then most people carry the min insurance which is $20,000 here in Michigan--been at $20,000 for over 30 years and we all know 20 G's doesn't buy what it used to 30 some years ago...now why isn't the min raise. lol Cause the insurance company lobbies for the politicians they like and us voters elect them

-
Back