CAR HUNT! or BOF & me car shopping!

-

64dart170

Reaction score
Man what a great day! Riding around with the windows down, arm resting on top of the door sill, 60mph, with the crackel of MOPAR comming from BOF's tips!8)

Now I am going to share this once in lifetime day with you guys but, I am going to start this dreamy story by saying this:

NONE OF THE CARS OR PARTS YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE ARE FOR SALE!

I have scouted these last year and am now today, car shopping with FABO! Please no PM's wanting parts. If I don't buy these, thay are already sold.

That said, you're thinking, "Well screw this! Why even bother going on reading this thread! It's just a dam tease anyway!"!!!:bootysha: LOL!!!

Well, stick around, pull up a seat, crack open that brewski, I'm taking you guys on a play hookie day with me and BOF! Members are always asking me, "Where's your junk yards" "What alls in em??":read2:

Well we're going to see some sights, enjoy the beautiful day, back hoosier trails, hidden junk yards, and possibly some thing you have never seen before!

This thread is intended as entertainment only from me to the members of FABO!

No cars or parts are for sale, just blue skys, empty back country roads
and the feeling of driving off to a more distant place, in a different time gone by, than what we see in the windshield. A place where we were happy, warm, young, havin fun, and riding in a car like BOF back in the day:clock:..........Well lets go there NOW!!!:cheers:

Got about 40 pics for you so here goes!8)

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

I kinda did that yesterday. A buddy of mine at school just got a '64 AMC Rambler American 440 from his grandpa. Only catch is it is sitting back in the woods behind a garage.

It isn't that bad, just needs some work. This summer me and him are going to pull it out and get it running. HELL YEAH!:cheers:

Those are some cool finds. If you think that 5th wheel van is something, you should see some of the stuff around here. :toothy10:

OK, I almost spewed up my dinner after seeing the 5th wheel! Caught in action, I would have never believed it.

Story on 67 Dart aside from the 1K.??????

Well, and so it goes.....
Another day in the life of a poor hoosier,
roaming the byways and cow paths of the counties,
looking for that special find!
CAR?
Maybe.
I kinda think looking back, that maybe we got what we were looking for.....
A day that felt like so few did in an innocent time.....
A time Me and BOF call 1967..........8)

I hope everyone enjoys, I tried to take you along as much as possible!
Forgot though, we started the trip going to Yard Dawgs to say hi, dropped off 3 1:64 scale die cast models. Also we had to pick up 2 1920 single barrell carbs. I needed one for the 69. I turned ours in for $50.00 when I needed money for Christmas. Now no one has cores available! All backorder! FABO members have been looking so I pulled an extra. Whatever I don't use I'll offer later!

Later when you're hair gets straighter!:-D

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

That's almost funny. Saw those signs and was thinking they look familiar. After some thought I realized that on what I call the southern route to IU from my house is where it look familiar. Oh yea I guess I'll have to take the camera along one of these times cause I think a lot of that area looks alike!

I think I can smell cigaretts in that Valiant!...thanks for the ride.

Woohoo!!

More more!

If that's a 67 GTS, why are you still 'considering' it??

I'm still asking myself that same question! LOL!
It's no secret that me and 67's don't get along!
Everything is not always what it appears to be.
I suspect the car is a clone.
I know the guy who sold this dude the engine 318 NOT 340 like hood says.
NO FENDER TAG!!!
TOTAL RUST BUCKET!
I'm still trying to add up enough parts on it to equal $1000.00!! LOL!
I think I'll wait to see the 64 push button poly 318 D200 on Friday.
I need something different to pull a trailer to the scrap yard.
I think BOF was sweatin goin to the scrap yard today! LMBO!!!:toothy10: She was worried I was selling her there!

OK, I almost spewed up my dinner after seeing the 5th wheel! Caught in action, I would have never believed it.

Story on 67 Dart aside from the 1K.??????

I hit the brakes so hard to turn around for these shots of the 5th wheel, that my pass front drum caught a little heavy and almost put me in a different driveway on the other side of the street!!
I had to get shots! No one would beleive me just telling somebody!!!
How could you possibly describe??!! LMBO!:toothy10:

I think I can smell cigaretts in that Valiant!...thanks for the ride.

I spied that car last spring and it had been sitting there who knows??!!
Asked Yard Dawg the story. He threw his hands up and says, I don't know! Tried to buy that thing several times over the years!
I had him call the owner (who is in FLA right now) to see if he's just going to let it sink in the IN clay/quick sand!8)

pro work..magazine submissions next....?

pro work..magazine submissions next....?

Thank You kind sir!
I am humbled and only wish I could make a living out of a day like this!
Maybe we all go again, except take the trailer too!8)

If I could make a hundred a day doing what we just did, Life would be grand!

Well, I'm heading out tomarrow for
CAR HUNT! Chapter 2!

I am going to look at a 1964 push button auto poly 318 D200!

Should I just go by myself? Or should I take FABO with me and BOF again?!!

Days schedule:

Need to look at D200.
Need to go to Hamilton OH to get foe ostrage material to do the 67 dash for BOF!
Will be eating at Ohio lunch or going on to Oxford OH. College town and some really good eats!
Back country roads through South Western edge of OH while skirting the IN state line. Back through Harrison, Brite, then dropping back down to Lawrenceburg IN.
Wonder how many cars we'll see? Were going to be free styling American Pickers style comming home! We see a car, we'll stop and pic!

Got a little worried. Was supposed to look at truck on 3.10.10 when we were playing hookie! The ad disappeared from CL. But he left a message with ABB I could see it on Friday!!!
He finally called and were on for tomarrow! Should be 200 - 250 total miles driven! He said he took ad off due to no one sounded like they knew what they were doing, except me. So he was saving for me!!

So, DO you guys want to go with me again or just stay home by your selves?
Well? Whats it going to be? Now remember, no back seat driving if ya go and I don't want 1000 PMs about the 63 dart being used as a chicken coop!!
If ya go, You may be entertained for I have the uncanny nack of weird crap happening to or around me all the time! Always see stange stuff!

So Are you guys going? Or is another trip with me and BOF too much for ya in the same week?8)

You don't want that rattyass '67.. it's so bad off, it's even missing a pair of doors! :-D That poor little Valiant, on the other hand- :love7:

And, I DEMAND a pictorial of your '64 pickup trip.

Oh that Dart GT is just screaming, PLAY WITH ME!

Riddler

That's funny I keept hearing "PAY ME"
That's what all my parts pushers would say to me if I bought it! LOL!!
The guy still hasn't called me back yet!8)

You don't want that rattyass '67.. it's so bad off, it's even missing a pair of doors! :-D That poor little Valiant, on the other hand- :love7:

And, I DEMAND a pictorial of your '64 pickup trip.

You know Slantsick, I was thinking the exact same thoughts!!!

So here we go on that trip now!!!!!!
But don't expect it to be as magical as that first spring day trip we went on the other day!

Stay tuned................8)

As the day dawns, I wake from a semi state of sleep. You know, THAT sleep you don't really get right before a vacation or a car purchase!!!8)

The weather has turned colder and wetter sense our last trip. It's just that ***** mother nature reminding us what winter is like. (like we forgot sense last week!) It's also her way of letting us remember to cherrish the days we get like the one we had that last trip.

Thank you Mother Nature for the day we had the other day!!!!!:cheers:
Not that I'm complaining today, I am breathing, drinking double D's, going for a ride with a meaner ***** than you named BOF!:happy10:

So were off!
Stop in the next town to pick up some new killer business cards I designed.
Not ready yet.
Were late. While were racing towards the highway, I forgot to tell you,
We can't do the whole Ohio lunch, Oxford college town trip. We had to reorganize plans (as usual DAM!)

We are opn our way to pick up some foe osterage vinyl for BOF 67 Dash that needs re done to match the rest of her interior I did. Remember we took her other later year pad and put it in Fern.
Got the stuff!

We're off to the 64 D200 push button Poly!
What a heap!

Ok I'm not lost and I don't need gas and directions............yes I do!:read2:

Lets just get home and get some stuff done! Like post more guitar players on ABB thread! LOL!!!

Maybe we can catch a little of that time machine magic again soon so tune in next time on the next installment of................

CAR HUNT! or BOF and me car hunting, or just driving around having fun with FABO!!!:cheers:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

-
Back