CAR HUNT! or BOF & me car shopping!

-
Whatever happens now, the ring would be quite a find and well worth your time involved.

10k is insane though......JMO

I will stay tuned for Wednesdays update.:read2:

Totally agree 100%. It was evrything I could do not to laugh and blert out dream on, but I couldn't. After I heard her story of losing her daughter and husband in a 10 month span, It was all I could do not give her my money. But 10K is all I'm worth at this min.

Thats 20 of my house payments stashed. Still living here for 20 more months b4 losing to bank Hmmm....
20 house payments for my 100+ year cottage style on 1 acre, that I was brought to when born/adopted and been in family sense 1941, I lived in for 20 or her 74 DART?!!!!!

I was so sorry to hear of her loss. She now knows who I am and she will research through our local club about me. I'm sure the wat this area is she will have everything including my bloodtype b4 tonights dinner! LOL!!!

You're right too, I have always felt like I got totally screwed out of the ring sense I stared at it while sitting on his lap watching flying Fred Curry & BOBO Brazil on wrestling and the watching Petty beat the crap out of people with that fast back 66 charger!!! It always looked like a black and white car to me then. I never saw it racing in person and our TV was black and white! LOL!!

I miss though days very much.

10k for a 74? WOW....

I know, it's hard not to offend people but it's not a bad thing to just say to them, causally, that their price is insane (in nicer words). Ask if they are serious about selling the car or just waiting for a silly offer. It's not a fair comparison to look on ebay at the 72 and earlier models. If it were a Dart Sport 360 car you'd have a very hard time getting 10k for it. I really can't see a 318 74 being worth more than $3k in MINT condition these days. They are great cars though. On the other hand, you don't need to fret over that one, after they try to get that kind of $$ for the car and realize no one is interested at that price, maybe they will sell it realistically priced. Let them know your familiar with these cars and that (make your $ offer) is a fair price for this year in this condition (whatever that is).
What I've seen is that owners of the cheaper model cars realize that the enjoyment they can get from owning/driving the car far out weigh the $$ they would get selling.

I totally agree with you too.
I am just am going in with some cash in hand not much. also with the attitude and I told her this, that I would be honored and thankful just to get to see the car & get a few pics if I couldn't afford to buy it.

I explaned ABB and my involvement with Darts and FABO, and would be printing out threads from the recognized experts in these specific model of cars. 13,000 + members world wide can't be wrong!!

This was never a main car for her. It was husbands mothers car and she is 91 but this lady owns now. Never drove it much just every once in a while to keep it charged up. God Love her!

I'll go and look just for FABO and
CAR HUNT!
if for no other reason! Let her see what a BOF is!

Hope you guys have a great day today!

Just remember I warned evryone on this thread that I have weird stuff happen to and around me everyday!
Life is stranger than fiction, you can't make up stuff like this, ya got ta live it man!!!
Sure is easy to write about though!! LMBO!!!:toothy10:

The question has been asked.

Who or what is a BOF?

So just a quick note for the ones who think I'm speaking in slang of some sort. Our 67 is named BOF.

She is evil and had alot of evil parts on her from donor cars unknown. (Steven King Style!)

Anyone who knows her story knows how evil she can be! LOL!!!

Name started as Veronica and became,

Bride
Of
Frankenstein

We name all our cars and this gal earned her name! Mean "B" with attitude!:toothy10:

Sorry I hadn't introduced her to everyone, there are alot of new members and I'm getting old/forgetful, for my rudeness I am sorry! LOL!!!

Anyway end of quick note, FABO meet BOF!8) BOF, FABO!:toothy10:

36.jpg

Well, Finally!

Went to look at the 10K 74!
WOW!

On the way I stopped and bought a NADA Auto Trader Classic Cars Price Guide. Dang! Those things are $9.00!!!
I couldn't find mine from last year. Good thing, they are way different. I found it when I got back. Out of 4 of our Darts, 3 went down in value by as much as $1000.00!
The only one went up in value was BOF! She's now at $3100.00 low & $6500.00 on the high end.

Her 74 has a price range of $3600.00 low & $8950.00 high end. She's only bout 1K too high.

I told her I want to look over the pics tonight and sleep on it before I make an offer. Not sure I will. I told her not to hold if someone offered 8-10K to go ahead and sell, She said if someone offered $8000.00 she would sell it!
I said I thought she should.

She's still tracking my grandpa's ring for me. I'll be calling her tomarrow to let her know. I already told her I would not offer untill test drive this Sat. Also found pretty good oil leak but is probibly valve cover gaskets.

Didn't take BOF today, Baby went with me. I thought the lady would like to see her but she didn't even go over to her, but the 2 guys working on the gutters did and so did her neighbor too!

She was too busy telling and showing me her memories. Another life's strange happenings; her first name is same as my Mom's was!! She is also my "Great Cousin Inlaw"!! Go figure!

Life is stranger than fiction, you can't make up shiznit like this, You got ta live it man!!

Tune in to this same thread channel for the next installment of
CAR HUNT! 8)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

That is amazing. It looks brand new. Reminds me of my grandad's 74 Scamp right down to the color/interior combo.. Always wanted that car.

Grant

Wow that interior looks like its never been parked out in direct sunlight!

Basically 1 owner. The son had been caretaker but he passed away and now his wife is selling for his mom. She's 91! If We get this we'll name it after her!
She has only been used every once in a while in the past 15-20 years. Been under cover in the heated garage it sits in.
I have seen a compairible on Craigs list for $5K. I'm printing that out for when I talk to her next time.8)

That is a beauty and even has a set of bias tires still on it. A time capsule for sure.

I hope we get it! I didn't call her today. I wanted her to field a few more hang ups at 10 thousand!!! LOL!! I figure she'll tire of it by the time we test drive on Sat. I'm thinking somewhere between $7500.00 & $5500.00. Give it a couple more days, who knows she may get that much.....from someone else!!8)

I just do stupid stuff like put drip rail roof racks on, surfboards on top, trunk loaded, gas full, SOUTHBOUND!!!! SURFS UP DUDES!!!!:cheers:

64Dart: If anyone deserves that car it is you. Good luck; I'm sure in your hands 10 years will pass and the car will be in the same condition, with a few upgrades naturally.

That car would be an awesome score if you could hook her for $5500.00 or $6000.00. In that condition it would be a great investment vehicle. Heck, you could leave her house and drive that right to a cruise in or show. She is in really nice shape!!!! Good Luck !!!! Hoping you get it.

yay, that wa a fun "adventure" thanks 64dart170

That's what I'm here for, entertainment is always fun!!:cheers:

Check in for chapt.4 will be the test drive, Friday or Saturday!!

Had a nice long talk with her last night. We had talked about her husband, how he passed, the car shows they went to.
She started to cry and had to be consoled. I was very sorry. I told her if she sold it to someone else for 10K ok with me. Also she should call me if she needs help with anything else around her place and I wil drop everything and come over to help with anything.
She talked with her aunt who does not recall the masonic ring. I wonder what she did with it or somebody stole it from the house. I will never see his ring again. Might check the pawn shops, rings like that wouldn't move too quick.
Looking foward to the test drive. She said she wasn't letting people drive it, but would let me drive it. She doesn't drive it because she doesn't like it and doesn't know how to drive it! She said it would be OK to go bymyself and I didn't have to wait for son. She said with my 64 looking like it does, she's not worried about me driving her Dart! Still ahve not mentioned my price yet. But she is already looking foward to the "sit down" negotiation!!
She's kind of reluctant to sell because she doesn't know how her mother in law will react when she finds out she is selling. She didn't want anything done to ity while she was living. I told the lady to let her know that I was not ever parting out and the car would be in same or better condition with me. We are also naming car after the original owner, her mother in law.
She has had several other calls, but no one has looked but me!
I did tell her that I would arrange transportation for her & mother in law for the local car show the first week of May if they wanted to attend to see the car at the show!

Tun into this same thread channel for the next installment of
CAR HUNT!
Where life is stanger than fiction. Youi cant make this up, you gotta live it!8)

64Dart: If anyone deserves that car it is you. Good luck; I'm sure in your hands 10 years will pass and the car will be in the same condition, with a few upgrades naturally.

Thanks man! I'm sure I could have that car looking alot better in a week!8)

That car would be an awesome score if you could hook her for $5500.00 or $6000.00. In that condition it would be a great investment vehicle. Heck, you could leave her house and drive that right to a cruise in or show. She is in really nice shape!!!! Good Luck !!!! Hoping you get it.

Not really getting my hopes up but after our conversation last night I bet I'm only one in the running! I might be her "preferred" new owner! I promised I would not part and would give a good home to her.
Negotiations will start at $6,000.00 and go up from there! I'm bailing at $7500.00 and can't afford that. Would have to sell BOF and Fern to make up living money back!8)

Here we are for another emergency run of......
CAR HUNT!
The weekly frantic search for the next MOPAR of our family and the exclusive webazene on FABO FOR FREAKED OUT MOPAR FANATICS!:cheers:

Ok! Here's chapter 4!!
Let me pick you gray matter upstairs apart for one moment. Now don't strain you self or injur that sharp organ up there (heh heh he said organ)
I don't want to create any FABO veggies we have to feed and water!!!

EVER heard of a............wait for it............longer.............almost there...

A 1979 Plymouth Arrow?!?!!

YARD DAWG just called. Says we are rescuing a Plymouth Arrow from the scrapper, taillights look new. His friend called says he's razin a barn and it was in there. Now it's in his way and towing to scrapper or YARD DAWG'S place. YD calles me and wants to know if I'll go in Halvsies with him on it either restore or parts!
UUuuuhhhhh DUH!!! H-E-Double Dee's!!, YES I want in on it!!! Aint like I got a real job anymore!!!
It arrives his place this after noon and FABO and I are going there to look at what I bought half of!!! Good or Bad You're going with me even if you like it or not!!! LOL!!
If it's a pile, I'll just say I had to buy it cause FABO didn't have any
CAR HUNT!
to look at this weekend!

Also possible chapter 5 today! Should be test driving the $10,000.00 DART! WoooooHooooooo!:cheers:

What the heck yall think? Are ABB & me workin it for ya or what?!!:toothy10:

Got to go look up what the heck a Plymouth Arrow 79 is anyway. I said like a shadow. YD says no too big... Like think Opel GT!
FREKIN AWESOME! I cant wait to see....I'm looking up now......Later!8)

Here check this link out!

http://www.allpar.com/model/arrow.html

:read2:

In the last 5 years I bought these when I found them... except for the Superbird, but I made $1,000 finder's fee on it, as well. Also bought several mid 70's C-Bodies that I parted and sold to derby guys.

It's a great way to finance the car you really want. I kept the Barracuda ('69, had a '67 grille in it, but I have everything to correct it now) which is now "my" car. After I sold all the extra parts that came with it, I have about $3800 in it.

Don't forget to look for parts, too! I cleared $1,100 profit on a b-body Dana a couple years ago...

Nothing like hunting old cars! Fun to do, and helps pay for the Mopar Addiction!

Demon 001.jpg

MVC-005S.JPG

th_MVC-002S-1.jpg

MVC-034S.jpg

Superbird quarter.jpg

Here's chapter 4 of......
CAR HUNT!
(Sorry we don't have color type anymore for the blue car hunt logo type we've been using. Joey? Where's the color type fonts man...?

This is going to be short and sweet.

Me, BOF and the trailer went to Yard Dawgs, picked up hood for Fern (no rust)
And went to see my half of the 79 Plymouth Arrow!

Not going to bore you, here's the picks of the pile! There goes my half of the money! What a piece of shiznit!:angry7:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

In the last 5 years I bought these when I found them... except for the Superbird, but I made $1,000 finder's fee on it, as well. Also bought several mid 70's C-Bodies that I parted and sold to derby guys.

It's a great way to finance the car you really want. I kept the Barracuda ('69, had a '67 grille in it, but I have everything to correct it now) which is now "my" car. After I sold all the extra parts that came with it, I have about $3800 in it.

Don't forget to look for parts, too! I cleared $1,100 profit on a b-body Dana a couple years ago...

Nothing like hunting old cars! Fun to do, and helps pay for the Mopar Addiction!

wish I could make it pay for groceries!

Alright! Screwed out of my time again!!

Got a call right when we were sitting down to dinner, figures.
Ready for test drive of the $10K Dart!

We got there, her son there, ABB & BOF with me.
Before test drive I wanted more pics.
It was first time I saw in daylight and she almost waited till that was gone!

She maintains car never wrecked or painted all original paint.
Been dancing with her all week. She kept wanting my offer, but I don't offer on anything with out driving it first or EBAY! LOL!!

Last time we were in a dark garage with car cover on half the car!!!

Anyway, I started getting pics with sun hitting. I'm not too good at seeing but when I shoot pic I can see it better. I start seeing dents every where, orange peel, sanding swirls under the paint, body filler filling normally open body lines, flat black paint hiding rust all over leaf springs/boxes, all over underneth. As i was shooting she kept talking Offer, Offer,Offer

Jezz! Somethings up! Something smells fishey.....

I stopped and handed her all print outs of compairables all over US, and handed her the new NADA Classic Cars Price Guide($9.99!) her car page marked and highlighted. Told her son to go over it all while were test driving.

Her; Whats that $8950? I thought you said 9K
I rounded off for conversation. The top price per NADA for a car like your in MINT condition is $8950.00 and the low side is $3600.00, so my final negotiated offer would be between $5500 (Average quality per NADA)and $8950 for Mint condition.

Oh no your crazy if you think I'm selling my 10K car for $5500!!

I looked at her son who was following and repeated slowly. This is NADA. The Banks use this to make loans on these cars. If you have good credit the bank will loan almost all of top price if MINT condition. YOUR CAR IS NOT IN MINT CONDITION, and I know, you know what that is (looking at her) because you and your husband were so into the car scene, you know what I'm saying.

You not buying my car for $5500 I DON'T HAVE TO SELL IT TO YOU FOR THAT!

Ok, I'm not test driving now.

Why not?

We're wasting each others time unless you want to wait till Monday morning when I'll have all cash on me. You called too late and I only have 2 grand cash, rest when bank opens Monday. You want to negotiate the price now or Monday? Did you talk with your Mother in law who was original owner? Is she now ok with sale?

I talked with her, I don't care it's my car now and can't afford insurance and such with my mustang and other car too.

Ok so, I'll start negotiations so you two can talk while were gone.

What do you mean negotiate?

HAve you seen pawn stars on TV?

NO

How bout American Pickers? Son says yes, she says no.

OK well here's how it starts; You high Ball a price which you already did at $10K. So It's my turn with the lowest possible "FAIR" price. Avaerage price is $5500.00 so I start with my Low ball of $5500.00 That's my first offer with out the test drive.

OH NO I TOLD YOU WERN'T BUYING AT 5500!!

Look you high balled, I low balled now you say 9,000 sense that's the price for mint coondition which your ois not so 9 is still too high but I counter at $6000.00.

OH no you Don't!

Yeah but then you counter with 8500 and you already admitted the other day you would sell at 8,000, so you sya 8 I say 7 then you at 7500 I say deal, get it?

No I don't, looks at son and asks, do you understand and follow what he's saying? Son: YES

Well are we negotiating now or are we driving?

We are NOT negotiating!

OoooKAy! Well You're wasting my time and I'm wasting yours. After a couple more weeks of laughs and smart *** coments on the phone about your price if you finally deside you really want to sell and get it to a good home then call me, I'll come back with cash and we'll do this all over again OK?

What do you mean do what again? looks at son again...Yes he knows what I mean exactly.

I repeated, YOU are NOT going to sell this car for 10K it's not mint. I already told you the front fender and door was repainted and I'm pretty sure the rest of the car has been painted too. Remember when I showed you the "NEW PAINT" over spray area in trunk floor all the way across the back inside? You told me no, it has never been painted, well I'm sorry to tell you it has and the body work and spraying is sub par. Somone also hosed down the leafsprings and underneth with flat black paint. It dried dripping off the springs!

My husband didn't spray anything under there or have the car painted.

Ok well have a great weekend. When you really want to sell for real cash, call me. But I will not give you 20 of my house payments for a price that reflects top price of Mint showroom condition with your car being slightly above average. Looked at son and told him to talk with her about negotiating and call me when they are ready to sell. If it's more than a week, I will have already bought a car. Have a nice evening. ABB and I left.

You tell me if I'm dealing honest and fair. I'm showing up and shareing with her, printouts on a dozen of this weeks compairables and the NADA book.:read2:
Even giving to them both to review BEFORE negotiations!!
My concience is clean and Bad Karma free!:-D

Kinda wodering what else is haveing stories told about on the car. It's not all it appears to be, and some others around are like that too!

The hood and the drivers fender don't line up in pics, look at front edge gap at nose cone! I may be blind but I can see my pics in my camera and they unlike others don't lie!! What an act played. Just cause I'm nice and can talk like a back woods hoosier don't mean you can skin me, even with the sad circumstances that surround the deal.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

-
Back