CAR HUNT! or BOF & me car shopping!

-
Hi John, was wondering how is Clara doing, is she your son's daily driver?

She was giving me fits when we replaced all the brakes. About 4 weeks later we got it done finally. Put on a rebuilt carb. He now drives it on nice days. She still needs some TLC but he is already planning removal of fenders for bodywork this winter!
I told him several times to sign up here but with full time job and school he's a little busy right now.
I don't think Clara will be leaving the family again. Finding us 2 times is a sign.
:coffee2:

I love Super Dave!!!!! Always thought he looked like Sam Wyche(ex bengals/bucs coach)

Gool to here all is well.

He does look like Sam! LOL

Well ok but not great!
I did have a stoke of luck though. Last Friday I went to Indy and hauled home another Shasta camper to work on for some lady there. So it looks like I got work till New Years! I am just finishing up on the current camper and was worried about getting more work. Not worried so much now. The current one will be picked up in first week of Nov by the girl from Cali. who owns it.
I should be starting demo on the one from Indy by Sunday.

Sense the scrap cars have dried up, I cut back on ad in newspaper. I un-bolded the type, only ran for 2 weeks not 4. Then I used the money on that ad I saved by placing another ad in the RV section that reads;
Vintage Camper restorations, water damage repairs affordable. Buying old campers cash.
I hope to get at least 2 more to work on for winter. I got enough room here to park/store/work on them. 2 more would give me work till Mar/April 2013!
I'm starting to finally find my niche. Nothing like re-inventing yourself at 51!
I really like working on these vintage canned hams!
Lex would say Hi, but he's busy watching the campers! Weird how his tail point follows the direction his head points huh?

View attachment 6.jpg

View attachment 7.jpg

View attachment 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! Great to read that things are going well for you. Beautiful job on the camper. Hello to ABB!

She says hey back GF65!

Scrap cars dead here right now. But I am the only 1 in about an hours radius who will buy old campers! Got 1 almost done and ready for pick up next week, 1 in from Indy to work on frame, and 2 for me in 1 weekend! Always in pairs. Funny thing I finally tracked make model year of the 2 for me (for sale signs in pic) so I'm getting titles on them now. They are both 1966!! One was a suprise call on the phone about an hour away from me and the one at far left in pic I had been pickin sense June 6th and they called the next day after getting the suprise one.
Wish I had 2 more but at least there is enough work/money on my property now to last till spring! I remember not long ago there were as many Darts in the lot as vintage campers now! Jezz...
Not starvin is a good thing!!!:coffee2:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 565
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad things are picking up a little for ta John. Got a nice RV park going on there. The one with the orange stripe needs some metel flake.

:coffee2:Congrats John for staying busy. I'm a camper guy too, my Dad and I used to restore them back in the late 70's for our own use. Specifically Serro Scottys, 60's vintage. Good luck and have fun! Say hi to ABB and my buddy Lex! :cheers:

Looks like BOF (1st page of this thread opening posts) is for sale again but for a lot more money than when I sold her!

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/3519290924.html

Wonder if he still has my studded snow tires??

Ad copy;
67 dart 270 4 door sedan 318 auto solid body front floor pans replaced all front and rear bushings new front and rear sway bars 10 inch drum brakes front and rear all new plus lines and master cylinder have front and rear new window gaskets all chrome is there plus more. $5500 OBO will take in full or partial trade 79 or older ford pickup or 72 or older chevy pickup, or ford ranchero, or chevrolet el camino no fixing uppers bondo babies or rust buckets need apply you must drive to me to see as you can drive this home no emails or text will not respond to no low ballers or sob stories CASH ONLY clear title. NO OTHER TRADES CONSIDERED BESIDES MENTIONED ABOVE. call between 4-8pm. 8 five 9 3 six three 1 eight 5 eight.
:D

Interstate love will strike again!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjJL9DGU7Gg"]Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song (Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• 3M53Ib3Hd5E35H55J7d13be89c0d2ac6e12a1.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 411
The endless circle of Darts. lol Glad to see you still kicking John. Must be busy as we havent seen you much.

Good day John!! Good to hear things are good at home, I am always on the look out for a camper and we have a fellow and his wife just 2 miles away that has the wing things on them, it matches his 52 chevy truck, These are the going thing... great to see this thread pop back up.

Glad things are picking up a little for ta John. Got a nice RV park going on there. The one with the orange stripe needs some metel flake.

LOL, I thought the same thing.
Lady picked it up last weekend and it's back in Indy now.
Guess she's painting cream and pink.
Here it is ready to leave with the rims done in cream color and moons.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 342
:coffee2:Congrats John for staying busy. I'm a camper guy too, my Dad and I used to restore them back in the late 70's for our own use. Specifically Serro Scottys, 60's vintage. Good luck and have fun! Say hi to ABB and my buddy Lex! :cheers:

Will do!
Everyone says hey back!

The endless circle of Darts. lol Glad to see you still kicking John. Must be busy as we havent seen you much.

It's been ok.
Into one now and when it's too cold to work on it, I'll work in our house. I have been doing drywall in this one room for 4 years now! LOL
Been doing dry wall in that room now on 2nd week and almost finally done with it.:coffee2:

Hey John, how the heck are ya? Any updates?

Fine I guess!
Yep Here ya go.
The one with the blue stripe (painted in center not this one with the blue tape on it) that started things rolling here, never got picked up yet. The owner is 2500 miles away and couldn't cross the Rockies. Had to stop in Reno and turned back. Won't be here now till spring.
The orange striped one went back to Indy last week.
I'm tearing the crap out of one now, literally, check the 7 foot wide 12" around habitrail the mice built under front window. (see pics)
After this one is done, I'll be starting on the Swiss Colony (See pic). I had sold it, sight unseen other than pics, paid via paypal. The next weekend, the new owner was here inside it cleaning for like 4-5 hours! Then he gave me deposit to keep it here and be worked on! I'll be starting on it around March 1st or when the one I'm doing now is done, what ever comes first.
Still have 1 of mine to redo for sale and 1 for us to redo for our 64 Dart to haul to car shows!
I restarted running my ad for scrap cars about 3 weeks ago and have had nothing from that. Everytime I run an ad for buying old campers though, I get hammered. I've got one around the corner from me that a deal was struck but still haven't bought yet but is being held for me. I also have another being held 10 miles away for me, a 27 foot Shasta twin axle, that should just be a clean, seal and flip unit. (Hopefully) Will be picking this up in the next two weeks.
Good Times! (At least have something to keep me busy till Aug 2013!!)
Have a great day RRH!

Attachments

• 1100.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 338
  • 2.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 345
  • 2a.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 331
  • 1a.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 352
  • 1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 353
  • 6.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 355
  • 8.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 360
Good day John!! Good to hear things are good at home, I am always on the look out for a camper and we have a fellow and his wife just 2 miles away that has the wing things on them, it matches his 52 chevy truck, These are the going thing... great to see this thread pop back up.

Hey Memike!
You should try to find one with the wings for Victoria.
The Shasta Compact like our 63 would be light enough for you.
These models of Shasta are the most sought after.
Still haven't had time to work on mine yet but hope to be done by car show season. Frame and rims blasted and painted. Top will be same as frame and rims. Bottom will be the same green or close. Probibly exact same as Fern our 75 Dart was.
Of course I'm using Mopar colors! LOL
The silver Z stripe will be the bare aluminum polished to shine then coated in clear. Window frames and wings will be polished to shine too.
Good Luck on search and have a great day today!

Attachments

• 2222.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 341
  • 11.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 342
For your listening pleasure while your reading and viewing;
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb7QcJgjQqY"]Children Of The Sun - Billy Thorpe (lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

Whatz up all?
Been thinking about yall lately.
Thought I would drop in and give yall an update and hopfully a laugh too.

I'm finishing one up to sell soon and thought I would show yall this crazy paint job I was doing on this 71 Wildcat 13' camper.
It makes me think of an air brushed T-shirt from Gatlinburg from the 70's.
I think it makes it pop compaired to what it used to look like.
Hope it don't scare away any buyers.

I let Lex out this morning and then herd a low mean growl on the porch.
Looked out and Lex had all his hair on his back up like a mohawk growling at the driveway like someone was there. I didn't see nothing so he came back inside and I fed and watered him.
Later he wanted back outside.
Few min. later ABodyBetty was yelling at me to check on lex cause it sounds like he's attacking something on the porch. We both went to look. Same thing growling with a mohawk so I turned him on putting him in attack mode. He ran straight up to the back of the camper and started to bark and attack it.
He knows, "NO CATS IN THE YARD!"
Don't know what he was thinking. He was helping me paint it between rainstorms for the past week or so. What a loon!
Hope all is well with everyone and all our friends here.
We miss ya but I didn't want to bother everyone with vintage campers LOL.
I will be working on our 64 Dart soon so I'll have some new pic of it then.
I did haul 2 campers from Evensville a few weeks ago. 1 on deck and 1 towing behind. What a rig that was!
Tootles!
8)

Attachments

• 25.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 265
  • 23.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 283
  • 21.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 272
  • 20.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 272
  • 19.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 275
  • 5.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 268
  • 4.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 254
  • 3.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 287
  • double_duty[1].jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 274
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg"]Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun - YouTube[/ame]

Paint job that Lex attacked continued LOL
:glasses7:
Have a great holiday weekend all!

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 275
  • 12.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 259
  • 11.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 268
  • 6.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 276
  • 5.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 275
  • 23.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 257
  • 14.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 278
Whoa, this was a pleasant surprise! How the heck are ya John? It's great to see you still at it - alive and kickin'. Check in more often would ya?

Nice paint! What do you get for those? Any interior pics?

Whoa, this was a pleasant surprise! How the heck are ya John? It's great to see you still at it - alive and kickin'. Check in more often would ya?

Nice paint! What do you get for those? Any interior pics?

Back at ya!
OKay I guess lately, howz bout you?
Thanks,
general rule of thumb they go for around $100 a foot original and raw meaning no repairs have been done yet.
Then they go up from there to arouind $1000 a foot for ground up restore.
All these vintage campers have wood rot in the corners inside the walls even if it doesn't show inside yet. Usually the corner verticle frame sticks are rotted out. I usually go through and replace all the rotted wood wall studs and bad paneling when I do them. There is a major shortage on units that are already repaired and only needing paint and glamping on the interior.
I guess we'll see how much of a shortage there is when this thing goes up for sale in the next day or two.
Mine fall inbetween there due to mine are repaired not restored.
The one I did last year was 16 feet long and sold on feebay in less than 7 hours on a $2000 buy it now option. That one probibly sold for $1000 less than it should due to the buy it now.
This one should realize around $3000 when finished, hopefully soon.
Will have interior pics in a day or two if your interested in it.
Hopefully will be checking in more soon after selling this I hope to be working on my 64 Dart again.
Sucks to be broke.
Good news is I have 2 other Shasta campers to fix and sell I got from Evansville IN a few weeks ago. After repairs each one of those should bring $3K and up also. Hopefully all being done before winter so I won't have to be out working in the snow this year.
Have a great day today and nice hearing from you again roadrunnerh!
:glasses7:

-
Back