Car mechanic busts crooked mail carrier

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
No wonder the PO is goin down the toilet.

...and whats the damned intentions? I mean really, undelivered mail, WHY? Any evidence of theft as say keeping it or what?

I just don't get it, select mail or specific mail?

Hundreds of people must complain. How can they not catch these nitwits. All the complaints must come from the same routes. ' Course if you force them to deliver they may get mad and go postal.

Sad thing is the USPS probably knew about this for quite some time. They never act on the first theft, the inspectors want to make sure that they have enough to make it "stick". Steve was the first person to train my wife when she started at the PO. Ernie seen him stealing mail that looked like it might be a card of some sorts. By the time Steve got busted, 3 or so years later the Inspectors had him on tape over 40 times stealing things. Butch, they had him on tape close to 50 times stealing things. By the time the retired military brass got caught in Phoenix he had stolen 15k AOL floppies.
Thanks to the USPS having the Employee Assistance Program the smart folks stand a very good chance of getting there job back. If an employee that is stealing goes to EAP prior to getting busted and claims they are a drunk, or perhaps suffer from some form of mental illness, or even just claim they are a kleptomaniac often times they will get there job back...or at the very least not be prosecuted and more than likely not lose their retirement.
Worked with a guy back in NJ that called in a bomb scare....and told them who he was. Mark did this while on the clock, at a local bar at last call. He managed to get up to the personal office as soon as it opened the next day, telling them he was an alcoholic. Did get fired...20 months later he was back on the job, in his same seniority spot. They credited him all the sick/annual leave he would have earned as well as all of his pay.....including the average amount of OT all the folks on his shift had gotten....

This is disturbing as hell. If somebody is stealing AOL cds, think what they must be doing with my sex toy order!!!!

Some box stores report 40% of the theft is employee theft. Wouldn't be surprised if that carried over to other businesses. If people don't get paid enough I guess that compels them to steal because after all they are entitled to more. Like that behavior will get them a raise. To bad the honest people get screwed.

This is disturbing as hell. If somebody is stealing AOL cds, think what they must be doing with my sex toy order!!!!

Was dumping the express mail one day in NJ. Out of one of the sacks comes an open package. Inside was a pair of sky high high heel shoes, a very small mini skirt, some rather revealing, interesting pictures of a very attractive, very shapely young lady and a vibrator more suited to a horse than a human. A certain someone, me, took great delight in sneaking up behind a few women employees with it running....the look on there faces was priceless. For quite some time the pictures were posted in on e of the manual letter cases and the "toy" was suspended from the 25' high ceiling in front of the bosses office.....Violated all sorts of safety rules that day standing on a pallet on a fork lift....

Words of wisdom from a former USPS employee.....NEVER send naked photos thru the mail....

She should have just gotten rid of them...like this guy lol.
[ame]http://youtu.be/U2rYwbWBohg[/ame]

We had a rural mail carrier when I was growing up and things would "disappear."

If you ordered cookbooks, little trinkets, etc, through the mail you never got 'em. When they raided her house she was busted. Dumbass wouldn't throw out the boxes (or even burn 'em when since she lived rural).

Prepare an express envelope with security warnings etc. so that it looks
like something very valuable is inside.

Carefully fill it with Never-Seize and then seal it up so that none is visible
or leaks to the outside.

Send it to yourself from a fictitious address and see if you get it.

If anyone else opens it, they will be VERY sorry.

I also had political signage missing or destroyed from my front yard
at night. I coated the wire sign supports with Never Seize. I hope they
got it on their clothes, their car and in their house. Never happened
again!

or leaks to the outside.

again!

Are you referring to Permatex Anti-Sieze Grease? Or something different?

or leaks to the outside.

again!

Sad to say, but the USPS has the right to open any/all packages. I used to clear the belt off by the window clerks in Phoenix. I was told by management as well as the Inspection Service that I had the right to open any questionable package. I caught someone trying to ship all of there belongings thru the mail using Media Rate. When something is shipped Media Rate the only items allowed in the package were Media items, no clothes etc. This guy had to write a check for over 10k in order to retrieve his stuff. My sister tried it as well, she had to pay the Post Office 4k before they would release her stuff.

A knuckle-headed supervisor I knew found out that the Express clerks had what they suspected to be a package of pot waiting for the Inspectors. Knucklehead stole it....and got caught.....and considering this was his 8th "last chance" was shown the door....

At least now you know why the come used and wet.

-
Back