Car shakes side to side

-

bkscamp

Reaction score
I got a 73 scamp slant 6 . I notice that the car would shake side to side when driving under 20miles also the steering wheel wold vibrate but once I go pass that it stops . I am going to take a look at it this weekend but just wanted to get some feedback maybe someone had similar problems . could same me alot of time. thanks a million

Check the front tires. You could have a cord shifting in the
tire causing the Wobble. Jack up each tire and spin it.
Watch for the tire to go side to side. It may also give you
a vibration at highway speeds.

Check all of the bushings and the k-member where the LCA pivot stud goes through. My Barracuda had a little shake and when I took it apart I found one of the pivot pin hole tubes had broken away from the k-member. That was a likely cause for the shake.

you may even have a bent rim.btw, welcome to the site. you are gonna love this place!

Most likely a separated tire. Look for a bubble / raised area on the tread.

Welcome to FABO :cheers:

A tire comming apart is the common cause, then a bent wheel, then a bent axle.
IF a axle is bent not only does the wheel wobble but the brake drum does too.
I bought a car once that had a wobble. I found the bent axle first and later found the coresponing wheel had been moved to the spare. Car must have slid into a curb hard during frozen weather, since there was no body damage. Good luck

thank you guys i will check it out and post the updates

jack it up and spin and observe. if rims bent ortire seperated you should see it if not start at tie rods and work from there looking for excessive play.warped rotor can cause similar feel also

thanks a million Did it yesterday It was the tire that was damage . i didnt think it was going to be the tire giving the fact they were new .

100_7154.jpg

100_7155.jpg

If those are new tires, I would say you need major front-end work!!!

Welcome to FABO.

Just a defective tire....Not any indication of anything other than that.

Glad you found it before it blew. :toothy10:

That's what you get for buying those piles of garbage (not really, but TAs are JUNK).

booooooooooooo.at least you found it before it got you or someone else hurt.

-
Back