Carlisle post show thoughts

-

345man2

Reaction score
Hey guys just seeing what everyone s thoughts were on the show, we got there on wed and left sat evening , seemed like lots of cars and people in the car show, looked liked to me a lot of empty spots ,more than usual in the swap or just people using them for parking spots, and seemed like the foot traffic and people buying parts were down some also, Thursday and Friday had some pretty good finds, just seeing what everyone’s else s thoughts were this year

I pay for three swap spaces, I park in one of them. It's worth it.
I know that the guy across from me buys a swap space, and all he does is walks around buying stuff until he fills up his van.
Honestly, buying a swap space is the best bargain there is to go to the show. $100 for the space gets you admission everyday and parking plus you have a little area to set out a pop up, a couple of chairs, and a cooler. That's your little area. I don't know if there is a limit, but I've brought two people and myself in with a swap pass.
I also know that they sell out of swap spaces every year and have started selling less car coral spaces to make more swap.
If the event would make something like that available, in a smaller space, I'd bet the sell out and there would be more swap spaces for actual swap.

Last edited:
Every year I go I say its my last one but I end up going. Such a great sight seeing all the old muscle and special cars. I thought there were a lot of parts cars in the car coral that the owners obviously thought very highly of the cars with the prices they were asking. I gotta believe many of those cars went home with the owners or they were knocked back down to earth and took much less than they had written on the for sale sheet.
I think they should change the date to later in the year or when spring starts. The heat was to much for me and we got in early and left early afternoon both Friday and Saturday.

Swap area seemed thin. But still so much cool stuff I wanted to buy. Ugh. I got a few goodies. I'm content. Legs and hips were screaming at me by the time I left. Til next year...

WE have been going for about 14 years and have rented the same 2 spots for about 12 years, well worth having the spots like others have said. If you have stuff to move or hunting for stuff, it's great because it gets you in everyday and you can sit and rest in the shade. I agree that it didn't seem as busy as years past. I still found some good stuff!

First time in years I didn't go just for the simple fact it's a 5 1/2 hour drive for me from Connecticut and the heat is becoming too much for me in the middle of July.

Carlisle is the best, the highlight if my summer. Been going since the ‘90s. I love having a vendor spot even if I don’t sell anything. I’ll never understand any negativity about the show.

I did OK selling this year especially since I had mostly low dollar items. Gotta make stuff presentable and people will be more inclined to buy let alone look at it or make offers. If you don’t want to put in the effort to clean stuff up you’re going to have to be willing to take pennies on the dollar. I gave away a bunch of stuff too. I agree the swap meet was a little thin this time but on the way out I registered again so I’ll be back for more next year.

Yeah, it was hot. It’s always like that to some degree. I’ll take the heat over rain though.

Yes, over all a great time as usual..!! As far as a thin car corral how many left out there to sell..?? Not many can afford to trailer and by a spot for an average price car..!! It looked about average on used parts to me. Some folks have huge amounts of parts and others a single space. Wednesday through Saturday night for me. Although Saturday night turned into a circus..!! You would think with all the “Updated” printed regulations that came with your vendor space packet, they would actually have SOME control over the place.. Lots of noise and people driving all kinds of vehicles everywhere..!! Just my observation…Swingn’

I guess I'm a short timer been going since I moved to the east coast - so the last 4 years. Thursday and Friday the weather was great, Saturday was a #%^%@!. So moving it later or earlier (cooler) in the year would be nice. The only other thing that gets me are the hotels charging CRAZY prices for the stay. I wouldn't mind so much but for example the Days Inn Carlisle North, I paid 800 bux for 3 days (with all the fees and taxes 260+ a nite-??) and the only good thing about it was the shower had good water pressure. What are you guys doing that I am not? One friend / vendor says he did the AirBnB thing this year and rented a whole house for the week! Help a brother out!

Last edited:
We start as early as possible Thursday and Friday. Weather was as cool as I can remember on Thursday, but got cooked out early afternoon on Friday. Lots of good stuff. Didn't need anything but left with a torque convertor, two original 273 AFB's, a 65 Commando intake, and an early A V8 center link. Saw original 65 Commando / Charger muffler and resonator, straight through as they should be. I used to live in MD so it is a good time to meet friends. One of my best friends lives in Boiling Springs so that is pretty sweet being 10 minutes away. Left early Saturday for home.

The heat.... it's July and to be expected. Hydrate or diedrate.
Shopping crowds? I agree that the swap area did not feel as crowded as last year. Less bumping into people while window shopping.
Show field? 3100+ cars. It was packed.
Accommodations? We stay at a Thurs-Sun at Campground at the edge of town for $203 for the weekend.

Great year. Already signed up for next year. Wednesday was a real hot, Thursday and Friday Best Weather ever since I’ve been going for 25 years, Saturday was getting hot again and I left Sunday morning. For all the years I’ve been going there’s always ups and downs, it’s the love of the hobby. I will go until there is no more. Best show in country!

Last edited:
Drove over early Saturday morning arrived at 9 am it was already Hot as Hell. The swap area was as usual lots of parts , lot's of crazy high prices on stuff I could live without. I still wouldn't miss it. The car show was worth the drive alone LOTS of high quality cars all in one place. The car corral had some interesting cars including a really nice AAR clone for what I thought was reasonable ($39,500) other than that I just enjoyed a day of Mopar Heaven. Stayed till I couldn't take the heat anymore and drove home 4 hrs. Can't wait till next year.

Drove over early Saturday morning arrived at 9 am it was already Hot as Hell. The swap area was as usual lots of parts , lot's of crazy high prices on stuff I could live without. I still wouldn't miss it. The car show was worth the drive alone LOTS of high quality cars all in one place. The car corral had some interesting cars including a really nice AAR clone for what I thought was reasonable ($39,500) other than that I just enjoyed a day of Mopar Heaven. Stayed till I couldn't take the heat anymore and drove home 4 hrs. Can't wait till next year.
And you got to meet me!!! LOL..

My wife and I finally made it after a 10-year hiatus... I was pleased to see that the hobby isn't dead. Not much changed if at all. We were looking for one vendor, but he wasn't there... I hope all is well!! @gunbunny, your keys worked, thank you for that!! :thumbsup:

Yes, Rhino man post-9. Many not so good hotel story’s this year..!! Many spoke of overbooking last minuet changes and crazy price gouging…!! And not all from the same place or chain either. I asked if any big conflicting events were in town..?? Only answer anyone could come up with was possibly Trumpy’s rally..?? Maybe..?? I stay at my swap space all 3 days. Not always easy but it beats 400. $$$ per night…Swingn’

Already renewed for next year.
Hang out with Mopar Tim from San Diego , we have six spaces.. just a beer can toss away from Halfaxhops, and mopar mitch.
A few nice pop ups. quiet Generator, nice chairs, and two industrial fans.
A cooler, and a grill.
Sold everything I brought, and found a few items.
Met a few more FABO members this year. Always a good time.

So living in Arkansas it is about a 16 hour one way drive. I finally went this year. I have been to dozens of National Mopar shows but Carlisle was simply much larger than I have experienced. We got there a couple days early so we left on Thursday. As a result I did not see the show field completely populated. I agree with all the previous posts it was hot and renting a swap space seems like a no brainer if you go every day. Being a midwestern/southern guy I got to meet a whole new crowd of FABO East coast guys, so for me it was very cool. I had a great time.

Been to the venue for other shows but this was my first time for the Chrysler show. (Mopars at Englishtown was my go to circa late 80’s-90’s). Had a great time. Talking to this 15year old guy with the beautiful red 1976 /6-4speed Feather Duster in the survivor building was cool. Good to see younger guys enjoying these Mopars.

Been to the venue for other shows but this was my first time for the Chrysler show. (Mopars at Englishtown was my go to circa late 80’s-90’s). Had a great time. Talking to this 15year old guy with the beautiful red 1976 /6-4speed Feather Duster in the survivor building was cool. Good to see younger guys enjoying these Mopars.
Mopars At E-Town was a great show!! It's when they screwed with the dates every year was the beginning of the end of that show :(

retirement and no money foe extra kept me home, over 1000 for 3 nights in a dump hotel is no more

-
Back