Carlisle Today......Africa Hot!!!!!!

-
Yes it was hot and foot traffic was off, but had a good weekend selling parts. Met a few members and got a couple of quarters and a drivers fender for the Cuda. Nice to meet Oldschoolcuda and see old friends. The laugh of the weekend was I told a kid I would take $20 for a non pitted E-Body rear and axles and he walked away. So much for helping the younger crowd.

Steve
68 Cuda Vert
64 Valiant
Charleston SC

Any 69 grille pieces are salty. I saw a complete right side N.O.S. grille asmb. and it was priced at 2k. Another guy had a complete header panel with the grilles he wanted $1800.00. Thanks for the complement on my car, I would have taken it to the show but 3 days sitting in the heat ain't for me.

Yeah, $2k for that NOS argent/silver grill, but you have to realize who was selling it! Great Lakes NOS! They've had that grill for as long as i can remember. It was priced a $1k years ago. I guess that silver has turned into PLATINUM!!! Nobody buys it cause it's silver. If was a factory black it would have been gone years ago, but then again they probably would want $4k if it was factory black!!!

I keep looking for pictures of this hot yet cool gathering :happy1:

Got ya' beat...drank 5 -16.9oz. = 84.5oz. but used the head once after the 2nd bottle...All that water betweeen 8am and when I left at 12:30pm! ...Drank 2 more 16.9oz'er on the way home. I sweat like a m'fer but this poor bastard had me beat!

Great picture. I had a bit of that pig on a bun! It was pretty tasty but it was nearly too hot to fully enjoy because I was sweating so much. Did anyone try the John Deere hit-or-miss ice cream? That was good stuff and it helped cooled things down a bit.

Saturday was hot as blue blazes. I could only last until about 2:00 before heading back to spend the afternoon at the pool.

Was there Friday and it was 96 and this sucked. I would not have wanted to be there Saturday...

Yeah, $2k for that NOS argent/silver grill, but you have to realize who was selling it! Great Lakes NOS! They've had that grill for as long as i can remember. It was priced a $1k years ago. I guess that silver has turned into PLATINUM!!! Nobody buys it cause it's silver. If was a factory black it would have been gone years ago, but then again they probably would want $4k if it was factory black!!!
Yeah, I have seen it there for years myself. To be honest most of the stuff they have they have had for years...How do they earn money to keep going to shows.

Yeah, I have seen it there for years myself. To be honest most of the stuff they have they have had for years...How do they earn money to keep going to shows.

I remember many years ago they were asking $650 for that grill. They had some air filter in there and some guy asked how much and they said $225; it was just a Fram?? I saw that NOS rear Forumula S trunk trim panel, no price on it, I didn't bother asking either...

I guess if they sell just ONE part, it pays for the whole show for them...

There's a sucker in every crowd...

going to be hotter and more humid today...

drink lots of water guys..

drank (3) 32 oz gatorades, (2) 1 liter bottlesw of water, a medium smoothie, a 12 oz can of diet coke, a 16 oz bottle of water, and a 20 oz bottle of diet Pepsi. I only used the mens room twice, between 7:00 and 3:30. Sweat the rest out.
They were selling sweat rags for .75 each. I used one of my terry cloth towels dipped in the cooler and threw it over my head.

I remember many years ago they were asking $650 for that grill. They had some air filter in there and some guy asked how much and they said $225; it was just a Fram?? I saw that NOS rear Forumula S trunk trim panel, no price on it, I didn't bother asking either...
That had a price tag of $2500.00

That is just rediculous, but it sure was pretty. I still like going in and looking around, its nice and shady in there and they always have some big fans blowing. But those prices are crazy high. And the following year all the same parts will be in there again.

I was there all 3 days. freakn hot for sure! scored a nice door for my 72 Demon for $100. drank tons of gator aid and bottles of water and peed once! so hot couldnt even eat. seems like prices go up every year. Some things people were selling were way over priced. Guess they wanted to take it back home. I only bought the one part. Came home with money this year.

We met some more FABO member's at Carlisle, some
of the member's were, Ragtopfury (Mark) bought a couple fender's for early A-body car, Mark's a good guy, but was only had a very short coversation. Next was Cudacrazy67 (Mike) nice guy...... he came down to our location, and talked for a little bit. We also met 19again) I'm bad with name's sometime's, we chatted for a couple of minute's, and he left. We also met John (jmiller) he brought us a used A-body firewall ( JOHN WENT WAY OUT OF HIS WAY TO SEE THAT WE GOT THE FIREWALL. JOHN'S A GREAT GUY, AND A SPECIAL THANK YOU AND SHOUT OUT GOES TO YOU BUDDY!!!!) We also met (68 Dodge) well my brother did, (good guy) I was away from the area, at that time. Thank's for all the member's who stopped by. Thank's again to all. Dodge33

We met some more FABO member's at Carlisle, some
of the member's were, Ragtopfury (Mark) bought a couple fender's for early A-body car, Mark's a good guy, but was only had a very short coversation. Next was Cudacrazy67 (Mike) nice guy...... he came down to our location, and talked for a little bit. We also met 19again) I'm bad with name's sometime's, we chatted for a couple of minute's, and he left. We also met John (jmiller) he brought us a used A-body firewall ( JOHN WENT WAY OUT OF HIS WAY TO SEE THAT WE GOT THE FIREWALL. JOHN'S A GREAT GUY, AND A SPECIAL THANK YOU AND SHOUT OUT GOES TO YOU BUDDY!!!!) We also met (68 Dodge) well my brother did, (good guy) I was away from the area, at that time. Thank's for all the member's who stopped by. Thank's again to all. Dodge33

Glad to see you guys survived the heat that weekend. It was great meeting you both Jeff and Jerry and your very welcome I was able to help out with the firewall.

John

-
Back